Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My drone did not return to home
3318 34 2017-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zeekman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 696506 ft
Canada

I have had my P3S for a couple of months now and I have over 30 flights with it and no problems. I had it out for a quick fly where I have many times. I was in LOS when a popup on the screen said I lost video link and if I wanted to RTH. I selected yes on the screen and the drone started to fly away. I toggled the s2 switch and it still was flying away. I noticed the controller light was red and tried switching the controller off hoping it would return after signal lost. The drone disappeared and never came home.
2017-3-22
Use props
RidgeLink
lvl.1
Flight distance : 325512 ft
Canada

It probably flew to Ottawa to look for Marc Garneau...... Not funny eh?
2017-3-22
Use props
RtinTN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 469734 ft

United States

Hope you find it.
I know it sure is an awful feeling when this happens.
2017-3-22
Use props
zeekman
lvl.4
Canada

I don't think I will find it. I looked where it was last seen on the AP but no luck
2017-3-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

zeekman Posted at 2017-3-22 12:47
I don't think I will find it. I looked where it was last seen on the AP but no luck

Upload your logs to http://www.phantomhelp.com/Phantom-4/#DataLog and download to your thread and you might be able to find out what happened.
2017-3-22
Use props
jp89
New

United States

HI I the camera on my new phantom 3 standard slowly goes down and stays once I turn on the drone. Anybody knows what the problem might be? also the quality of the pictures and videos are bad they are pixelated. thanks for the help
2017-3-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

jp89 Posted at 2017-3-22 13:28
HI I the camera on my new phantom 3 standard slowly goes down and stays once I turn on the drone. Anybody knows what the problem might be? also the quality of the pictures and videos are bad they are pixelated. thanks for the help

You are hijacking another members thread, please start your own.
2017-3-22
Use props
zeekman
lvl.4
Canada

Here is my log. I don't think it will help. [url=http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Y4Q0VXZMTFKQUMJCFC74/
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I'm sorry to hear. If you have not done so already, I would recommend contacting the Support team in order to have the flight logs evaluated for a warranty claim. Please ensure that you sync your records in the app as soon as possible.
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Like previously mentioned, it would be best if you started your own thread in order to get better assistance.
2017-3-22
Use props
zeekman
lvl.4
Canada

How do I contact the support team?
2017-3-22
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

zeekman Posted at 2017-3-22 15:00
Here is my log. I don't think it will help. [url=http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Y4Q0VXZMTFKQUMJCFC74/

The thing I got out of this log, was at the end, the P3S stopped moving away from home. MPH was 0, but it was climbing all the time. Seems it was just going up and nowhere else. Of course, I'm sure I read the info wrong. Once the support team sees the data, you'll know for sure what happened.
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

zeekman Posted at 2017-3-22 15:28
How do I contact the support team?

You can either email support.us@dji.com or call +1 818-235-0789.
2017-3-22
Use props
Cabansail
Second Officer
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

Had a look at your logs.

Apart from being an illegal flight it seems quite normal until you lost contact.

What version of the DJI Go were you using?

I am assuming you took off from home. The set Home Point, according to Google Maps, has some large trees. Are you sure it has not landed in those trees?
Sarnia.JPG
Sarnia2.JPG
2017-3-22
Use props
zeekman
lvl.4
Canada

Cabansail Posted at 2017-3-22 18:20
Had a look at your logs.

Apart from being an illegal flight it seems quite normal until you lost contact.

I was using the forced update for the AP. I had visual of the AC when it flew away. I checked all the trees  in the area. I would have heard it come home if indeed it did.
2017-3-22
Use props
Cabansail
Second Officer

Australia

Did you have a Max Distance set?

I can see that you had control inputs close to the end of the logs. The RTH was set at the launch location.

At the time the log ends it was hovering at 180m. It was at this location for a long time it hovered and then the throttle was increased and it ascended and hovered again. Have you checked the rooves of those houses or their back gardens?
Sarnia3.JPG
2017-3-22
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Captain
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

Looks like it was going straight up. Maybe it came straight down later. I would scour the area there.
2017-3-22
Use props
Cabansail
Second Officer

Australia

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2017-3-22 20:38
Looks like it was going straight up. Maybe it came straight down later. I would scour the area there.

I cannot see any reason it would fly anywhere else when it lost communication other then a RTH or continue to hover until it  did an Auto-Land when the battery went critically low.

If you do get it back be careful where you fly. In that one flight you have broken three of the new Canadian laws. You were closer than 75m to houses, you flew over 90m altitude and the whole flight was closer than 9km to an airport.
2017-3-22
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Cabansail Posted at 2017-3-22 20:52
I cannot see any reason it would fly anywhere else when it lost communication other then a RTH or continue to hover until it  did an Auto-Land when the battery went critically low.

If you do get it back be careful where you fly. In that one flight you have broken three of the new Canadian laws. You were closer than 75m to houses, you flew over 90m altitude and the whole flight was closer than 9km to an airport.

Well it seems strange that he lost flight data. The only way this has happened is if I shut off my Go App and RC.  But then my drone will RTH if that happens.

He should start around the house on the corner.  Is it possible it just hovered there until low battery and auto landed?
SCREEN SHOT.jpg
2017-3-22
Use props
zeekman
lvl.4
Canada

This flight was on the day these new laws were introduced and I did not hear about them until I was told by my Nabors 4 days later. When this happened I walked over to the last spot that maps on the AP showed with my RC still on to see if the red light on the controller would go green and reconnect with the drone. I walked all around the area and no luck. I had the RTH set to 65 meters and it should have come home and hovered above my house. There are no leaves in the trees here since it is winter and you can see into the trees. The Ac always came home when RTH is activated but not this time. Sure has me puzzled.
2017-3-23
Use props
zeekman
lvl.4
Canada

zeekman Posted at 2017-3-23 10:50
This flight was on the day these new laws were introduced and I did not hear about them until I was told by my Nabors 4 days later. When this happened I walked over to the last spot that maps on the AP showed with my RC still on to see if the red light on the controller would go green and reconnect with the drone. I walked all around the area and no luck. I had the RTH set to 65 meters and it should have come home and hovered above my house. There are no leaves in the trees here since it is winter and you can see into the trees. The Ac always came home when RTH is activated but not this time. Sure has me puzzled.

I did not have max distance set
2017-3-23
Use props
Cabansail
Second Officer

Australia

Did you have contact details on the body of the aircraft?

You say you had VLOS until you lost contact. Do you recall it hovering and then ascending and hovering again at the last recorded location? If so what happened immediately after that?
2017-3-23
Use props
zeekman
lvl.4
Canada

Cabansail Posted at 2017-3-23 14:00
Did you have contact details on the body of the aircraft?

You say you had VLOS until you lost contact. Do you recall it hovering and then ascending and hovering again at the last recorded location? If so what happened immediately after that?

I did not have contact info on my aircraft (stupid me) . I did see it hovering when I lost contact and when I started walking towards it is when it  flew out of sight.  It might have ascended but I should have seen that. I just don't understand why it never came home. Almost as something snatched it out of mid air.
2017-3-23
Use props
zeekman
lvl.4
Canada

RidgeLink Posted at 2017-3-22 11:46
It probably flew to Ottawa to look for Marc Garneau...... Not funny eh?

I don't think I could carry enough battery for that
2017-3-23
Use props
Cabansail
Second Officer

Australia

zeekman Posted at 2017-3-23 15:45
I did not have contact info on my aircraft (stupid me) . I did see it hovering when I lost contact and when I started walking towards it is when it  flew out of sight.  It might have ascended but I should have seen that. I just don't understand why it never came home. Almost as something snatched it out of mid air.

If it has taken off after the logs finished it is weird. There was an issue where the Home Point would jump but I assume you have updated the App and that is not an issue.

You could file a lost property report with the police to see if it has been found and handed in.
2017-3-23
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

zeekman Posted at 2017-3-23 15:45

"I was in LOS when a popup on the screen said I lost video link and if I wanted to RTH. I selected yes on the screen and the drone started to fly away. I toggled the s2 switch and it still was flying away. I noticed the controller light was red and tried switching the controller off hoping it would return after signal lost."

We have the problem here, that the action happened out at the edge of range for the Standard and so the details we'd really like to see aren't there.
What we can see is that you flew west in an urban area until you reached 1245 ft (alt=381 ft) at 4:40.
You climbed to 590 ft (5:45) without flying further away and started losing downlink.
The flight data shows loss of downlink for 7, 13 and 10 seconds and then the record stops.
We don't have any indication of the Phantom receiving an RTH signal or initiating RTH itself.
You mention that the controller light was red which indicates signal has been lost.
There is no record of whatever happened after that.

The Phantom is programmed to initiate RTH 3 seconds after losing signal.
Without data we're left guessing why it didn't come home.
It appears there were no obstacles that would have blocked the return path.
Some possible reasons include:
Wind ... what was the wind like that day?  Strength and direction?
Had you altered the default Loss of Signal  - RTH setting in the app?
2017-3-23
Use props
zeekman
lvl.4
Canada

Labroides Posted at 2017-3-23 16:02
"I was in LOS when a popup on the screen said I lost video link and if I wanted to RTH. I selected yes on the screen and the drone started to fly away. I toggled the s2 switch and it still was flying away. I noticed the controller light was red and tried switching the controller off hoping it would return after signal lost."

We have the problem here, that the action happened out at the edge of range for the Standard and so the details we'd really like to see aren't there.

The wind that day was 3-5  MPH out of the SW. I flew two earlier flights that day and used the RTH feature and had no problems. I never changed the RTH settings in the AP.
2017-3-23
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

zeekman Posted at 2017-3-23 16:36
The wind that day was 3-5  MPH out of the SW. I flew two earlier flights that day and used the RTH feature and had no problems. I never changed the RTH settings in the AP.

You said you were using the forced update for the app.

Did you check to make sure that RTH was set for lost signal? It should be this as default in anycase?
2017-3-23
Use props
zeekman
lvl.4
Canada

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-23 17:29
You said you were using the forced update for the app.

Did you check to make sure that RTH was set for lost signal? It should be this as default in anycase?

The RTH was set for lost signal and the app is3.1.3
2017-3-24
Use props
G_Sig
Captain
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

zeekman Posted at 2017-3-24 08:59
The RTH was set for lost signal and the app is3.1.3

Was app  3.1.3 working normally?  
2017-3-24
Use props
zeekman
lvl.4
Canada

G_Sig Posted at 2017-3-24 09:52
Was app  3.1.3 working normally?

It has  been working fine for me. RTH has worked many times until this time.
2017-3-24
Use props
Steve-76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

Don't hijack someone's thread start your own
2017-3-24
Use props
Steve-76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

You know if you're less than 20 meters it will only land
2017-3-24
Use props
greenwire
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38281 ft
United States

Damn.. I hope you find it. Good Luck
2017-3-28
Use props
zeekman
lvl.4
Canada

Thanks. I don't think I am going to find it. Still waiting for DJI to evaluate my logs. How long does that usually take?
2017-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules