Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MylesD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7802 ft
Australia

Hi DJI and fellow users. I am hoping for some urgent help

I have just bought a phantom 4 Pro +, upgrading from my P2 with Lightbridge

One of the main things I do with my drone is Live Video to a giant LED Display. At the moment I have my Lightbridge master unit for pilot control and a slave unit for just outputting video to the big screen. this allows me to control the drone from a safe location and still get the HDMI output from the slave to the big screen (normally 50 meters away)

I cannot do this with the P4P ???? WHY

Is not the P4P based on a Lightbridge 2 ? surely it would just be a software change to add a slave option to the menu, just like my Lightbridge 1

I cannot run a 50 meter cable from the HDMI output on the pilots controller to the big screen, it is just not practical.

If anyone can offer some advice it would be great, thanks for reading

DJI PLEASE FIX THIS otherwise my new P4P is a waste of money

Cheers,

Myles

2017-3-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

There isn't a slave option for the P4P. What you could do, however, is install the HDMI output board onto the RC like you could with the P3A/P3P and split the video feed between a tablet and a HDMI monitor.
2017-3-22
Use props
fans70b277a7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2440177 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-22 15:12
There isn't a slave option for the P4P. What you could do, however, is install the HDMI output board onto the RC like you could with the P3A/P3P and split the video feed between a tablet and a HDMI monitor.

I currently do this with my P4P via the HDMI output board I installed which was originally from my P4. I have a 40" TV in the back of my Jeep Wrangler. Granted, it has to be tethered by HDMI cable, but there are options for a 3rd party TX & RX that I have looked into. The cost is quite high right how, however.
2017-3-22
Use props
MylesD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7802 ft
Australia

hi guys, thanks for the reply

unfortunately the suggestion to run a cable is not an option

I can be up to 70m away from where I need the second hdmi output to be

DJI can you please respond to this post !!!!!!!
2017-4-2
Use props
TPVAerials
lvl.3

United States

MylesD Posted at 2017-4-2 18:21
hi guys, thanks for the reply

unfortunately the suggestion to run a cable is not an option

DJI Jamie did respond to your post...& mentioned that there isn't a slave option for the P4P. Seems odd that the P2 lightbridge would have it, but not the highly advanced P4P...?
I understand you mentioned that you could be up to 70m away at times from the screen you want to broadcast to, but is this always the case? If you are within a closer distance, the HDMI option could work up to 35m or so...
I'll give a thumbs up to the HDMI option (with long cable) for my use, but I understand our circumstances may be different. If you do find an option to broadcast to a seperate screen from long distance, please update us!
2017-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules