2685 11 2017-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EPT160
lvl.2
Flight distance : 373947 ft
Australia

Hi,
Can a fellow P4P owner please confirm if they experience any over exposure issues (with stills only) when swithcing on the 'Mechanical Shutter'?

I am getting overexposure of 1.5 to 2 stops when shooting Stills using mechanical shutter. Video at the same time is fine, just the stills over exposed.

Same in GO4 and Litchi. Latest firmware. Same behaviour in all modes.

Unless I'm missing something it looks like a failed mechanical shutter?

Any insights appreciated. Thanks.

2017-3-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Does this seem to happen when you switch from video to stills, or is this in general?
2017-3-22
Use props
EPT160
lvl.2
Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-22 23:22
Does this seem to happen when you switch from video to stills, or is this in general?

Well yes it does happen when switching between video/stills, but also in general!!

In any approach the "stills" will be overexposed. Except with disabling mechanical shutter.

Have you had reported many mechanical failures/issues?

Thanks for your help
2017-3-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

EPT160 Posted at 2017-3-23 06:24
Well yes it does happen when switching between video/stills, but also in general!!

In any approach the "stills" will be overexposed. Except with disabling mechanical shutter.

I have not heard of the issue with the mechanical shutter specifically when concerning shutter issues. If you happen to have any visuals to provide, I can pass it to the proper team to look into this. Just to clarify, everything is up to date, correct?
2017-3-29
Use props
EPT160
lvl.2
Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-29 09:33
I have not heard of the issue with the mechanical shutter specifically when concerning shutter issues. If you happen to have any visuals to provide, I can pass it to the proper team to look into this. Just to clarify, everything is up to date, correct?

Hi and thanks DJI-Jamie,

Yes everything is up to date.

I can't really think of any images I can provide of a non operating shutter as it would appear the problem is internal.

Simply.

When mechanical shutter option is checked - photos are over exposed 1.5 to 2 stops - but not video
When mechanical shutter is not checked - photos are correctly exposed as is the video.

Same behaviour for Go4 and Litchi

Cheers,
Rob
2017-4-4
Use props
Telkwa
New

Canada

EPT160 Posted at 2017-4-4 19:32
Hi and thanks DJI-Jamie,

Yes everything is up to date.

hello, Have you found a solution yet? We just did the latest firmware update on our 4 pro's and one is shooting over exposed photos even though both are set exactly the same.
2017-4-5
Use props
EPT160
lvl.2
Australia

Telkwa Posted at 2017-4-5 16:05
hello, Have you found a solution yet? We just did the latest firmware update on our 4 pro's and one is shooting over exposed photos even though both are set exactly the same.

Are you using the 'mechanical' shutter option?

Try turning it 'off' on the P4P with over exposure issue, and re-test.
2017-4-5
Use props
Hooks
lvl.3
Flight distance : 226450 ft
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-29 09:33

Here is an image taken on camera auto mode from a P4P with the mechanical shutter seeming to not operate correctly.  Link

The faint shutter sound from the camera itself is not heard while photos are being taken.  Leading us to assume that the mechanical shutter is the issue.  A seperate p4p was used to compare this sound against.

The problem started following the latest firmware update.

Firmware refresh, firmware downgrade, and firmware update were performed via DJI Assistant 2 to try resolving the issue, testing the photos after each iteration.  The photos were still blown out.

Turning off  the mechanical shutter in the settings produces normally exposed photos.

Another thread is battling this issue as well.  link

This seems to be a rare occurrence within the community as I cannot find too many others with the issue.  

DJI-Jamie,  would you please look into this issue for us and post back here if you can think of anything else we can try.

We use this P4P for photogrammetry work and the mechanical shutter helps to eliminate rolling shutter issues that ultimately helps us to produce higher quality work.

Thanks

2017-4-6
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hooks Posted at 2017-4-6 10:46
Here is an image taken on camera auto mode from a P4P with the mechanical shutter seeming to not operate correctly.  Link

The faint shutter sound from the camera itself is not heard while photos are being taken.  Leading us to assume that the mechanical shutter is the issue.  A seperate p4p was used to compare this sound against.

Others have reported a few of these issues on the RC Groups Forums
2017-4-6
Use props
The unique view
lvl.1
Netherlands

I'm only experiencing over exposed photos when I just open the photo than it automatically adjust to normal exposure. Does it have something to do with the app you're using?

Also, are you able to turn the mechanical shutter of when using Litchi?
2017-5-17
Use props
Nobby#9
New
Australia

I have been having these issues since I purchased my P4P+ - I always shoot in manual and for video and stills I need to underexpose by 0.7-1 according to their metering. Also, the image on the built in screen will be fine at 0 but the images on the card are overexposed. Any advice?
2018-1-18
Use props
Stephan624
lvl.1
Flight distance : 692 ft
Colombia

Phantom 4 Ad doesn´t work in automatic option camera. The camera of my phantom 4 Advanced does not work in the automatic option, the ISO of the camera is modified and the photos are very white, but in video the camera works very well, in addition to the beginning the application DJI GO 4 says "Can not detect camera lens "can someone help me? Thank you. Can you fix this problem?
2019-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules