699 14 2017-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
travelrikk
First Officer
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

So the world's leading drone company has a massive backlog right now as they are waiting for a shippment of parts from China to arrive and they have no idea when it is going to arrive right?

Can we get a notification when these parts arrive please? I've been waiting well over 3 weeks now and I had a few paid projects with my mavic which I had to refuse and I'd like to know when I will have back in my hand so I'm losing money while I'm still waiting meanwhile...............

https://imgflip.com/i/1lxmcc
2017-3-23
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

While your situation is unfortunate, wouldn't your business possibly benefit from having a backup aircraft. The fault-tolerance with equipment redundancy would likely pay for both aircraft over time...
2017-3-23
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I agree with the Daroga.  Having worked as a pro photographer, you ALWAYS carry a backup camera, lens, and flash to a paying job.  No less for drones either.

Fwiw, when I sold cameras way back when, repair back-orders from some of the major companies sometimes took months before we got them back.  Even an $18,000 lens took 8 months to get back, but owner had other cheaper lenses to get by on.  That camera's sales rep bought him lunch for waiting on it too and listened to him beef about it.  Another one was one guy who complained so much to the company they actually black-balled his camera's serial number and no one could get it fixed nor key parts for it either at an independent repair shop.  Our boss took it on trade and still couldn't get it fixed to sell it as used.  When they black-balled the serial, they meant it - forever.

2017-3-23
Use props
The Rev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United Kingdom

Marrket leader but I think they run it from a Shed in someones back garden.
2017-3-23
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

Daroga Posted at 2017-3-23 06:25
While your situation is unfortunate, wouldn't your business possibly benefit from having a backup aircraft. The fault-tolerance with equipment redundancy would likely pay for both aircraft over time...

Makes sens, however, this is my first drone and it's not my full time job I'm only making some extra cash on the side. Can't afford another drone
2017-3-23
Use props
Snap_Shot
lvl.2
United States

LOL at your image
2017-3-23
Use props
fans0a67e450
lvl.1

United States

It's probably cause they just got new stock in the US because I finally have a tracking number after three weeks countless phone calls elevated complaints all due to errors on there part they finally told me after two weeks they didn't have drones at all to ship and that's the real reason for these delays so now that they're getting new stock it could work out faster for you but every nightmare I've ever heard about dji customer service I sadly say it's true I was totally displeased by the service especially after all the rave and support of their customers in this product
2017-3-23
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

Daroga Posted at 2017-3-23 06:25

That's what I've been thinking about doing.
2017-3-23
Use props
mmee
lvl.3
United States

fans0a67e450 Posted at 2017-3-23 12:50
It's probably cause they just got new stock in the US because I finally have a tracking number after three weeks countless phone calls elevated complaints all due to errors on there part they finally told me after two weeks they didn't have drones at all to ship and that's the real reason for these delays so now that they're getting new stock it could work out faster for you but every nightmare I've ever heard about dji customer service I sadly say it's true I was totally displeased by the service especially after all the rave and support of their customers in this product

I just sent mine to DJI in California. I am hoping they still have stock.
2017-3-23
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

What's so funny about it?
Edit: ah okay I thought you were talking about my avatar.

True story though.
2017-3-27
Use props
Snap_Shot
lvl.2
United States

travelrikk Posted at 2017-3-27 03:47
What's so funny about it?
Edit: ah okay I thought you were talking about my avatar.

yea, I meant the skeleton waiting for the mavic lol
2017-3-27
Use props
fansaa3da6c4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 347507 ft
United States

The Poor Repair service process is a continuing problem which DJI doesn't seem to care to fix!  It's a FREAKING CHINESE FIREDRILL.  I'll never send mine back to DJI repair again after over a month process to Refresh! Very SAD.
2017-3-27
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

fansaa3da6c4 Posted at 2017-3-27 04:38
The Poor Repair service process is a continuing problem which DJI doesn't seem to care to fix!  It's a FREAKING CHINESE FIREDRILL.  I'll never send mine back to DJI repair again after over a month process to Refresh! Very SAD.

Worst part is they give you nothing in return to make you happy. Yea 2 day shipping is nice to a point. But it shouldn't get that bad.
2017-3-27
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-3-27 06:16
Worst part is they give you nothing in return to make you happy. Yea 2 day shipping is nice to a point. But it shouldn't get that bad.

Not to mention I paid 60EUR to ship it to DJI by DHL Express so that it won't take long. If I knew I would have posted with a cheaper option cause it seems like I just wasted 60EUR
2017-3-28
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

travelrikk Posted at 2017-3-28 04:12
Not to mention I paid 60EUR to ship it to DJI by DHL Express so that it won't take long. If I knew I would have posted with a cheaper option cause it seems like I just wasted 60EUR

Sorry man...
2017-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules