Clear Canyon Creek - Mavic short film
925 27 2017-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BentonJoyce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234318 ft
United States

Here is another video this one was shot again in Colorado at Clear Creek Canyon off Highway 6. I learned a lot during this shoot...I definitely need some ND filters, and a lense hood of some kind. I had a ton of fun but I'm ready to get out of the mountains and mix things up a bit. Enjoy and please leave your feedback!

2017-3-23
Use props
Macdugel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 630577 ft
United States

Great job with the video, everything was fluid.  Nice shots, keep them coming!
2017-3-23
Use props
BentonJoyce
lvl.4
United States

Macdugel Posted at 2017-3-23 06:26
Great job with the video, everything was fluid.  Nice shots, keep them coming!

Thank you! I was really happy with this shoot I feel Like I had better shots than usual next time I'd like to get a bit more dynamic with it like the last shot. That one is my favorite really love how it reveals the scene.
2017-3-23
Use props
Dexter1759
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5253 ft
United Kingdom

Nice video, where do you guys get the music from for these videos, some of them are beautiful.
2017-3-23
Use props
BentonJoyce
lvl.4
United States

Dexter1759 Posted at 2017-3-23 06:41
Nice video, where do you guys get the music from for these videos, some of them are beautiful.

I use a bunch of different sources for music. NCS sounds is great for electronic, purple-planet.com has some great ambient stuff, another big way I get music is I search YouTube and soundcloud. There are a lot of great artist out there who are willing to let you use their music it helps make your videos awesome and it gets them more exposure. It just depends on the vibe you're going for and what you like the music is out there you just have to find it. If you're trying to make money often times artist will copyright the video, so you can't profit from it but I don't monetize my videos anyway so it doesn't really matter to me. Good luck hope this was helpful.  
2017-3-23
Use props
Dexter1759
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5253 ft
United Kingdom

BentonJoyce Posted at 2017-3-23 06:45
I use a bunch of different sources for music. NCS sounds is great for electronic, purple-planet.com has some great ambient stuff, another big way I get music is I search YouTube and soundcloud. There are a lot of great artist out there who are willing to let you use their music it helps make your videos awesome and it gets them more exposure. It just depends on the vibe you're going for and what you like the music is out there you just have to find it. If you're trying to make money often times artist will copyright the video, so you can't profit from it but I don't monetize my videos anyway so it doesn't really matter to me. Good luck hope this was helpful.

Thanks, much appreciated, only ordered my drone today, but wouldn't be using it for profit anyway.  Mainly want it for hobby and honeymoon towards the end of the year.
2017-3-23
Use props
BentonJoyce
lvl.4
United States

Dexter1759 Posted at 2017-3-23 07:04
Thanks, much appreciated, only ordered my drone today, but wouldn't be using it for profit anyway.  Mainly want it for hobby and honeymoon towards the end of the year.

That sounds awesome congratulations I'm sure you will enjoy it!
2017-3-23
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Real nice, just keep and eye on the exposure (dark light...) Otherwise beautiful vid.
2017-3-23
Use props
Stavo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 336972 ft
United States

Nice, I like that you use multiple camera angles as well as different scenes.

No issues with RC signal with all the cliff faces? Headed out west at the end of summer and thinking to fly (slowly) in a few slot canyons.

Also, how many tries did it take to get the shot with the gimbal down /flying up right (1:41)? Tried a few flying down/gimbal up the other weekend when we had some sunny weather but keeping my subject fairly centered, a local brewery's sign, was proving too difficult and my hands were too cold to keep trying. Next I'm thinking to use way points, fly slow and focus on manipulating the gimbal.
2017-3-23
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

nice and fluent, some daring moments
2017-3-23
Use props
PizzaFiend
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1489593 ft
United States

Very nice! I can't wait to get to some nice terrain like the mountains... Seeing other's examples such as this are inspiring.
2017-3-23
Use props
BentonJoyce
lvl.4
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-3-23 09:17
Real nice, just keep and eye on the exposure (dark light...) Otherwise beautiful vid.

Thank you it gets super tricky to keep exposures in line in the canyons because you have all that bright light then it's dark I actually shot everything under exposed and brought it out more in post but still those highlights were a struggle. Thanks for the feedback!
2017-3-23
Use props
BentonJoyce
lvl.4
United States

Stavo Posted at 2017-3-23 10:49
Nice, I like that you use multiple camera angles as well as different scenes.

No issues with RC signal with all the cliff faces? Headed out west at the end of summer and thinking to fly (slowly) in a few slot canyons.

Really glad you enjoyed the video! and I haven't had any signal interference flying the Mavic I definitely couldn't imagine having an issue out in the middle of no where. The only times I have had issues is flying the Phantom 3 in the city. Usually places with lots of metal and power lines are what does it. I wouldn't worry much about the canyons. Also for the shot at 1:41 I just make sure I have my gimbal speed set really low so it moves super smooth and slow make it look nice and cinematic. Also I set me right program button to gimbal up and down so if I mess up I can retry super quick and to help with the centering issue try using the Grid setting for your viewing screen it can help a lot with that!. Good luck out west!
2017-3-23
Use props
BentonJoyce
lvl.4
United States

Flybee Posted at 2017-3-23 10:54
nice and fluent, some daring moments

Thanks! Just gotta do it for the shot sometimes haha
2017-3-23
Use props
BentonJoyce
lvl.4
United States

PizzaFiend Posted at 2017-3-23 11:01
Very nice! I can't wait to get to some nice terrain like the mountains... Seeing other's examples such as this are inspiring.

Really glad you enjoyed my video getting out into some great locations is really awesome especially when you come home with some good footage!
2017-3-23
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

BentonJoyce Posted at 2017-3-23 18:46
Thank you it gets super tricky to keep exposures in line in the canyons because you have all that bright light then it's dark I actually shot everything under exposed and brought it out more in post but still those highlights were a struggle. Thanks for the feedback!

I hear you but nevertheless you did a great job and some of the colors were really good.
2017-3-23
Use props
pan_de_ron
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36017 ft
United States

nice vid. do your remember your settings???
2017-3-23
Use props
BentonJoyce
lvl.4
United States

pan_de_ron Posted at 2017-3-23 19:03
nice vid. do your remember your settings???

Cine-D like, 0-0-0 , sunny white balance, 30fps 3860x2140, and... I would just manually adjust the IOS
2017-3-23
Use props
BentonJoyce
lvl.4
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-3-23 18:54
I hear you but nevertheless you did a great job and some of the colors were really good.

I appreciate it!
2017-3-23
Use props
Bintryin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 164406 ft
Australia

Great Video one of the best well done
2017-3-23
Use props
Airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

Nice work and some really good flying!
2017-3-23
Use props
Yokota85
lvl.2
Flight distance : 255430 ft
United States

Nice one of the best I have seen, would not mind having a few still shot for my computer's back ground.  
2017-3-24
Use props
Sarg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 330869 ft
United States

Very nice, I can see the old rail road grade in many of the shots. This is why I got a Mavic to compliment the P4P. Living in Colorado there is so much to see and record from a new angle.
2017-3-24
Use props
BentonJoyce
lvl.4
United States

Bintryin Posted at 2017-3-23 21:57
Great Video one of the best well done

Wow thank you I really appreciate that!
2017-3-25
Use props
BentonJoyce
lvl.4
United States

Yokota85 Posted at 2017-3-24 04:52
Nice one of the best I have seen, would not mind having a few still shot for my computer's back ground.

Thank you! and I can probably send you some over if you really want send me a personal message
2017-3-25
Use props
BentonJoyce
lvl.4
United States

Sarg Posted at 2017-3-24 06:12
Very nice, I can see the old rail road grade in many of the shots. This is why I got a Mavic to compliment the P4P. Living in Colorado there is so much to see and record from a new angle.

I'd love to get my hands on a P4P the better camera would be awesome to film with!
2017-3-25
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

BentonJoyce Posted at 2017-3-25 07:32
I'd love to get my hands on a P4P the better camera would be awesome to film with!

Ben ,

I'm not a photo guy and I experienced the same issues as you with the lighting ---- Then I ordered a set of ND filters my vids are 100% better Clearer, sharper with them , I don't think you would need the sun shade hood try the filters first and save some money .   WONDERFUL VIDEO
2017-3-25
Use props
BentonJoyce
lvl.4
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-3-25 07:44
Ben ,

I'm not a photo guy and I experienced the same issues as you with the lighting ---- Then I ordered a set of ND filters my vids are 100% better Clearer, sharper with them , I don't think you would need the sun shade hood try the filters first and save some money .   WONDERFUL VIDEO

Glad to hear you enjoyed my video! I'm not an expert either but I definitely want to step my game up any way possible I've been waiting for DJI to restock their ND filters so I can get them I know they would be a great help. It is currently just a waiting game but for now all I can do is try my best to manually adjust as I fly and try to adapt. I'd also love to see dji make some Polarized filters summer is around the corner so the water shots are coming!  
2017-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules