New Phantom 4 Pro aren't recognized on DJI Go App
2902 13 2017-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Helene
lvl.1

Germany

I am having a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and a new Phantom 4 Pro. Now I installed the DJI Go App and wanted to update the Phantom 4 drone. So I did every step like it is written in the update manual, but the App isn't recognizing the drone.

USB is working, so the app started, but the version of the phantom 4 is not recognizing.

2017-3-23
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

I think you need to use the DJI Go4 app these days, the Go app doesn't support the P4 any more.
2017-3-23
Use props
Helene
lvl.1

Germany

Sorry, that was my mistake. I am meaning the DJI Go4, of course.
2017-3-23
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Did you link and register the P4P (without the USB cable) before trying to update it with the USB cable ?
2017-3-23
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Perhaps the USB port is allocated as default to another app. Try doing this:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-75403-1-1.html
2017-3-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Just to verify, you mean you can connect the remote to your S2 and run the APP, but it cannot recognize the firmware version on "About" page?
Please try to restart all of them then check again.
Also you can try another mobile device if convenient.
2017-3-24
Use props
m1shootr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118894 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-24 00:45
Just to verify, you mean you can connect the remote to your S2 and run the APP, but it cannot recognize the firmware version on "About" page?
Please try to restart all of them then check again.
Also you can try another mobile device if convenient.

Having 2 mobile devices really helps. I use litchi on one and DJI Go4 on the other. Sometimes I will uninstall one or the other to sort out problems. Incidentally I have P3A and P4P. Happy flying!
2017-3-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

m1shootr Posted at 2017-3-24 08:03
Having 2 mobile devices really helps. I use litchi on one and DJI Go4 on the other. Sometimes I will uninstall one or the other to sort out problems. Incidentally I have P3A and P4P. Happy flying!

Yes, it would be best to have two mobiles.
Glad to hear you enjoy it.
2017-3-26
Use props
Helene
lvl.1

Germany

I have done an Update of the P4P over my pc and this worked, but I can't connect my P4P now.

I tried this also over my smartphone (LG G4) and over my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab S2), but it always says "disconnected". I also tried Litchi.

In former times I owned a phantom 3 and phantom 4. I used them over the DJI Go App on both of this devices (LG G4 and Samsung Galaxy Tab S2) and it worked fine.

Now the dji support tells me, that I can't use this devices and I should buy an iPhone! I think this is an insolence behaviour of dji. So I have a NEW 1600 € drone I can't fly and use since january! But I got a lot of trouble and frustration from dji. The support doesn't help and was so outrageous. I already bought three drones from dji, so I know how to use it.

I think there is a problem with the software on android or the software in the remote controller.  The connection from the remote controle to the drone works. So I could fly without tablet.

The first connection to the tablet was also OK (I saw that a new firmware should be updated) and now I can't get any connection. Sometimes I got the info, that I should use the old app.
I tried to uninstall both apps and also tried it with a new account and I tried your tipp with USB from above, it doesn't help.

Can I check in any online account if my phantom 4 pro is already registered?
2017-3-28
Use props
Helene
lvl.1

Germany

This is the message I sometimes got, when I connected the drone.
2017-3-28
Use props
Helene
lvl.1

Germany

... sorry I can't edit my post's and my image I have uploaded isn't shown.

This is the message I sometimes get when I connect the p4p, this is really strange.

dji4.0 >> dji
Current DJI Device: phantom3 profeesional
Use the DJI GO APP for this DJI device

How can I completly delete the old DJI Go App and is there a drone to do a complete software reset on the phantom 4 pro.
2017-3-28
Use props
hdlou94
lvl.4
Flight distance : 753163 ft
United States

we all spend a lot of money on these toys you would figure it would do what it was designed for,, it isn't a 60.00 toy..
2017-3-28
Use props
Helene
lvl.1

Germany

Wow, thanks for your great help ;-)

...I wrote a lot of facts and got no answer and no help.

Last year I tried the Yuneec and the Yuneec Support was great and also the price-performance ratio!! If they had a better camera, Yuneec would be the first choice!!

I am very disappointed. After trying lots of different settings, upgrading, downgrading, factory reset and now it is working.
But the whole issue was a problem of the Android DJI Go 4 App!

I use the latest and best samsung tablet (Galaxy Tab S2) and this tablet works fine in every situation. But I got no connection between the copert and the tablet. If I connect the usb cablet the dji app opens, but it says always that it is disconnected. So I get not the blue button "Go fly". But when I leave the app open and do a restart of my tablet, then after the reboot the connection is here and it works. It is not a problem of the hardware, because I have the same behaviour on my LG G4 and other devices!

2017-3-30
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

is the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 in the list of supported devices?
2017-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules