Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Process for selling or Trading in an I2?
868 9 2017-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NanoPixel.Studi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 311673 ft
United States

Does anyone know what the process is for selling or possibly trading in an I2? I am thinking about selling my I2 and after registering and all that jazz, I am not sure how to go about it. I got it thinking I could turn this into a business but I don't see it being as profitable as I thought it would be. The first one I had crashed becasue of the obstacle Avoidance. So I used my Care REfresh to get a new one. It's been about a month and a half now and I still don't have it back.
I actually just got the last pieces of my order last week which was ordered back in Dec (480 SSD, tablet hood) and have not even opened them or resigtered the Pro Res license yet. With this kind of down time how can anyone make money off of this thing?  I have my 107 certification but I am seriously thinking of down sizing to the Mavric and just flying for fun at this point. Maybe even getting an OSMO to sell B roll online.

Thoughts?
2017-3-23
Use props
JBSonic
First Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Nano, have you tried other drones before like the Phantom series, they are more cost effective in terms of bang for buck.
2017-3-23
Use props
SPH*i2*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322579 ft
United Kingdom

When you get all the parts back put a full explanation on the new i2 and equipment on ebay with a reserve of 4.8k it should sell there. Good luck.
2017-3-23
Use props
NanoPixel.Studi
lvl.1
United States

JBSonic Posted at 2017-3-23 09:47
Hi Nano, have you tried other drones before like the Phantom series, they are more cost effective in terms of bang for buck.

No, I had a Parrot drone for a while, but got the I2 to make a business around it.
2017-3-25
Use props
NanoPixel.Studi
lvl.1
United States

SPH*i2* Posted at 2017-3-23 12:13
When you get all the parts back put a full explanation on the new i2 and equipment on ebay with a reserve of 4.8k it should sell there. Good luck.

lol, I paid $7200 for it. No way in hell I would sell it for 4k.
2017-3-25
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

NanoPixel.Studi Posted at 2017-3-25 16:14

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. It will be tuff to sell a new (but used) Inspire 2 this soon after release. I really feel for your trouble and wish the best of luck moving forward. Most people will buy new unless they can score a good deal on used equipment. Most of the time you get about 60- 65% price of the retail.

I would like to have the Inspire 2 and have been saving toward that goal...  I own the Mavic Pro and P4P which are very nice products. I have been trying to sell a brand new Inspire 1 V2 X3 bundle, but so far no takers .... it can be a difficult game and limited market.

All the best
Rich
2017-3-25
Use props
fans7c813f81
lvl.1
United States

NanoPixel.Studi Posted at 2017-3-25 16:14

Is it mint?  How's the range?  Any issues at all?
2017-3-27
Use props
NanoPixel.Studi
lvl.1
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-3-25 20:41
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. It will be tuff to sell a new (but used) Inspire 2 this soon after release. I really feel for your trouble and wish the best of luck moving forward. Most people will buy new unless they can score a good deal on used equipment. Most of the time you get about 60- 65% price of the retail.

I would like to have the Inspire 2 and have been saving toward that goal...  I own the Mavic Pro and P4P which are very nice products. I have been trying to sell a brand new Inspire 1 V2 X3 bundle, but so far no takers .... it can be a difficult game and limited market.

I hear you. I'm hoping someone who's in the market that doesn't want to wait 3 months would want to pick it up.
2017-3-27
Use props
NanoPixel.Studi
lvl.1
United States

fans7c813f81 Posted at 2017-3-27 09:57
Is it mint?  How's the range?  Any issues at all?

I had DJI Care Refresh so they are sending out a brand new unit. I bought it in Dec and didn't get it until late Feb. I just got my last pieces 2 weeks ago and haven't even opened the box for the CineSSD or registered the Apple Pro Res license yet.

Not sure how long it will take to get the new unit in.
2017-3-27
Use props
NJ Flying Slow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 765909 ft
United States

Nano, sorry about your troubles, but being a gear head for years (and also owning an I2), sadly when you walk out of the store, the resell gets practically cut in 1/2...not all of the time and I"m not suggesting 3500, I think the 4ish K range is realistic.  It's like a camera body in my opinion.  I was also curious as I just can't find the time to use mine.  If someone approached me and the price was right, I would dump it.  Spring is around the corner though...who knows!
2017-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules