DJI Go app won't work on my I phone 5s
3486 24 2017-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maverick1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 269245 ft
United States

I have had my Mavic Pro for over three months and have been loving it.  I have been flying using the original DJi Go for Phantom 3 because I already had it on my device. The Mavic has been working just fine. I never knew there was an DJI Go 4  because the app showed the Mavic and had me choose it and like I said it worked fine, that was until today. And of all days,  I was suppose to take pictures of my friends new garage as it is being constructed. The construction company said it might even be interested in the video so I went to the sight anxious to film and when I started my Mavic the DJI Go app took me to the app store to download DJI Go 4 and at which point I thought cool, but when I attemped to download I was told that my phone didn't support the app. I have an I phone 5s IOS 10.2.1(14D27). The app discription says it supports 5s. I uninstalled the old app and then attempted to download the new one and thought it was doing it but once again its said my device is not compatable. Can it be fixed?  
2017-3-23
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just happen to see your post and from what I found the 5S is supported. This could be  problem with the version of iOS you have installed on the device. Double check and see if you are on the latest version of iOS

Rich

ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
•Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.

*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.
2017-3-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am sorry about that, the GO4 app may take more processing power that your phone is not capable of.
I have sent an email to R&D inquiring if the 5s is still supported.In the meantime, are you able to borrow someones phoine to get the photos you need.
2017-3-23
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-23 11:14
I am sorry about that, the GO4 app may take more processing power that your phone is not capable of.
I have sent an email to R&D inquiring if the 5s is still supported.In the meantime, are you able to borrow someones phoine to get the photos you need.

Ken
FYI
it shows this device is supported under the Mavic information.  

Rich
2017-3-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-3-23 11:15
Ken
FYI
it shows this device is supported under the Mavic information.  

Ya, I know.
I've asked R&D about it. I don't have a 5s to test to see if indeed it's the 5s and the website needs to be updated, or something with his phone.
2017-3-23
Use props
Maverick1
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-23 11:14

Yes. I borrowed my friends tablet. Thanks...  
2017-3-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Maverick1 Posted at 2017-3-23 11:22
Yes. I borrowed my friends tablet. Thanks...

OK good, glad you got it done.
I should receive an answer by tomorrow if the 5s should still be working.
2017-3-23
Use props
PizzaFiend
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1489593 ft
United States

Runs just fine on my 5S...  32Gb version running iOS 10.2.1
2017-3-23
Use props
Maverick1
lvl.2
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-3-23 11:12
I just happen to see your post and from what I found the 5S is supported. This could be  problem with the version of iOS you have installed on the device. Double check and see if you are on the latest version of iOS

Rich

Thanks Rich... this chart is helpful.. My operating system is up to date..I have not clue.
2017-3-23
Use props
Maverick1
lvl.2
United States

PizzaFiend Posted at 2017-3-23 12:35
Runs just fine on my 5S...  32Gb version running iOS 10.2.1

Mine is only 13GB and I only have 7.01 available. Same IOS. Maybe not enough space. Going to clean off phone and try again.
2017-3-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Maverick1 Posted at 2017-3-23 13:01
Mine is only 13GB and I only have 7.01 available. Same IOS. Maybe not enough space. Going to clean off phone and try again.

Ahhh, yes that may be it.
2017-3-23
Use props
Impossible J
lvl.2
United States

I bought a brand new iphone 5s JUST to use as a mavic screen. I updated iOS, installed NO OTHER apps besides dji go 4, and turned off EVERYTHING not needed in settngs. I;ve never had a crash, dropped video, or a single problem. I'm beginning to suspect that many of the problems people are having with certain phones (and tablets, really) is that they are actually also usng them as everyday phones/intenet devices. I'm thinking the more clutter/apps/uncleared memory on your phone, the more likely it is that the app will get weird on you. Maybe try a full factory reset, then Ios update, then leave the thing alone. Whether it's acceptable or not, I'm just of the opinion that using one's everyday, actual PHONE with the mavic is asking for problems.
2017-3-23
Use props
Impossible J
lvl.2
United States

And I should add that it's something that DJI could never do anything about... the insane amount of possible coombinations of phone, operating system, and the millions of apps out there means you could NEVER account for what a single individual's combo might screw up, and how to anticipate and fix that. Impossible.
2017-3-23
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Maverick1 Posted at 2017-3-23 12:58
Thanks Rich... this chart is helpful.. My operating system is up to date..I have not clue.

Hi Mav

It would appear you need as much space on the phone as possible to run the App and it's features. Keep us posted after cleaning off your phone and setting things up again.

Unless you have something wrong with your phone, it should work fine for you..

All the best
Rich
2017-3-23
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-23 11:22
Ya, I know.
I've asked R&D about it. I don't have a 5s to test to see if indeed it's the 5s and the website needs to be updated, or something with his phone.

Hi Ken

As you already know, the DJI App is growing in size and full of new features. The older phone should work but could be very limited on storage spare for the App to work properly...

PS, I see the last DJI Go App update is removing the Mavic and P4 from it and will now rely on using the Go 4 App totally.  Looks like the old inspire 1, Phantom series are getting left behind

Rich
2017-3-23
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Impossible J Posted at 2017-3-23 13:46
I bought a brand new iphone 5s JUST to use as a mavic screen. I updated iOS, installed NO OTHER apps besides dji go 4, and turned off EVERYTHING not needed in settngs. I;ve never had a crash, dropped video, or a single problem. I'm beginning to suspect that many of the problems people are having with certain phones (and tablets, really) is that they are actually also usng them as everyday phones/intenet devices. I'm thinking the more clutter/apps/uncleared memory on your phone, the more likely it is that the app will get weird on you. Maybe try a full factory reset, then Ios update, then leave the thing alone. Whether it's acceptable or not, I'm just of the opinion that using one's everyday, actual PHONE with the mavic is asking for problems.

Have to agree 100%.
2017-3-23
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

Maverick1 Posted at 2017-3-23 13:01

I had to try this as a backup thing when you run out of battery. I have a 32 gb one with 15 GB free. I set the cache size to 2 GB and that it should be removed when new "feeds" are coming. With that setup it works for me at least. Hope yours also will work.
2017-3-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-3-23 20:15
Hi Ken

As you already know, the DJI App is growing in size and full of new features. The older phone should work but could be very limited on storage spare for the App to work properly...

R&D emailed back and said IOS version 8 will work with the GO app, but you need at least 9 to use the GO4 app. So the OP's phone should work if there's enough memory.
2017-3-24
Use props
Maverick1
lvl.2
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-3-23 20:09
Hi Mav

It would appear you need as much space on the phone as possible to run the App and it's features. Keep us posted after cleaning off your phone and setting things up again.

Rich...
            Thank you very much.  I reset my phone to factory and needed my contacts so i restored my cloud backup but deleted all apps accept the Go app. I let it restore on it's own and not only does it work but it updated to 4 all on its own.  Thank you and everyone for such  quick replies.  Have a great day.  
2017-3-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Maverick1 Posted at 2017-3-24 08:29
Rich...
            Thank you very much.  I reset my phone to factory and needed my contacts so i restored my cloud backup but deleted all apps accept the Go app. I let it restore on it's own and not only does it work but it updated to 4 all on its own.  Thank you and everyone for such  quick replies.  Have a great day.

That's great, glad it's working for you. Have a great flying weekend.
2017-3-24
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Maverick1 Posted at 2017-3-24 08:29
Rich...

You are welcome, that's what the forum is all about.... Glad you got this working again!

Have fun flying
Rich
2017-3-24
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-24 08:21
R&D emailed back and said IOS version 8 will work with the GO app, but you need at least 9 to use the GO4 app. So the OP's phone should work if there's enough memory.

Ken
That makes perfect sense and thank you for checking.

Have a nice weekend  (raining buckets here)  PS my Mavic is out for delivery today

Rich
2017-3-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-3-24 08:56
Ken
That makes perfect sense and thank you for checking.

You too buddy,
Take care.
2017-3-24
Use props
Maverick1
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-24 08:42
That's great, glad it's working for you. Have a great flying weekend.

This problem with my phone had me looking at different solutions and I discovered CrystalSky. When will it be available and what do you know about it. I have some Cinemizers and would love to be able to use them with my Mavic. Just curious.
2017-3-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Maverick1 Posted at 2017-3-24 09:54
This problem with my phone had me looking at different solutions and I discovered CrystalSky. When will it be available and what do you know about it. I have some Cinemizers and would love to be able to use them with my Mavic. Just curious.

This is all the info on CrystalSky, Look as the specs and FAQ's, but that's a monitor. If you're looking for FPV, then wait for the DJI Goggles made specifically  for the Mavic.
2017-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules