Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Compass will not calibrate and doesn't let me take off
676 2 2017-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PabloFC
lvl.1

Spain

It seems like my drone's issues strike again. Las weekend I went to a mountain where I had been flying before. When trying to take off, the app keep showing a message which warned me from a strong interference nearby and recomended me to re-calibrate the compass. I tried to calibrate the compass as I have always done but it kept showing the strong interference message. I was a little confused so I walked about 500-600 meters to find another take off area in which there wasn't any interference. But again the same message appeared. I was quite concerned about that since I had flown in that exact same location before with no problem at all. The next day I went to a different place in where I usually fly and the exact same message appeared. I do not know what may be causing that but it is preventing me form enjoying my drone. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Regards
Pablo
2017-3-23
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you can't get it to calibrate anywhere, check the sensor settings in the app to see what is showing for the compass.
If it's showing zero for the compass, your compass sensor is disconnected and needs to be fixed or replaced.
The most common cause is one of the fine wires getting broken near the base of the landing gear.
Otherwise the connector on the mainboard can be dislodged.
2017-3-23
Use props
PabloFC
lvl.1

Spain

Hi again!
I checked what you said above and all the numbers were 0. Following your instructions I took the drone apart and could not see any dislodged connector, so I guessed that the wires inside the cable may had been broken. I bought a spare compass of ebay and after a couple weeks of impatient waiting it arrived. I took the p3s apart again and installed the new compass, then I reassembled it and VOILA! Back on the air flying.
Thank you so much for the advice and information, I think that I would had never been able to solve this problem just by myself.
Kindly regards
Pablo
2017-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules