654 9 2017-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Prop 1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 232559 ft
United Kingdom

Hey guys

I'm having problems with My Inspire 1 Drone with connection to the Ipad.
I'm using a DJI Inspire 1 with a Zenmuse x3 camera and on the controller I'm using a IPad air 16GB 4G.
I have all the Wi-Fi, 3G, 4G off. but never had a problem with them on.

I have linked the videos to this forum of what happens.

strange thing When I link the controller through HDMI to a monitor it doesn't happen but still dose it on the IPad.
All the device from to drone to the Ipad is all up-to-date with the latest firmware. with the batteries fully charged

This started when the drone was updated to the Latest firmware.

I have been looking around to if anyone has had the same problem.
Please help I'm stuck on what to do !!!!!!!!

2017-3-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think the problem is your iPad is 16GB, for that you pretty much need to delete all unnecessary apps.
Best think would be to restore it to factory settings and only install the GO app.
I think if you do this it will work much better. You can also lower the transmission bit rate.
Go into your Image Transmission Settings and Choose Customer and then lower the Transmission quality to 4Mbps.
2017-3-24
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I would beg or borrow or steal. ( just kidding ) another I pad device and see if the problem is  in the  DJI system or the go app device . MORE  than likely it is the I pad itself , since like you said it woked fine with the input to a monitor , the only thing other could be the USB port on the RC, but like you said it just happened with the latest update. depending whre you jumped from this could have put  ALOT more strain on the go app.  
If you have want to upgrade you Go app device   get the I pad Pro ( standard size is fine ). with 128 GB and Cell and GPS so you can use some of the features like "follow me " and others.  I have them and I love it !! works perfect .  You do not have to use the cell feature , but it comes with the GPS in the package .  

Also couple things to try and see if we can get yours  to work with the I pad Air .
-Enable the "Hardware Decode" on the go app under general settings

-Make sure no other apps are running in background .

- Clear the video cach on the I PAD and disable recording .   

- Perhaps just delete and re install go app, If you do so, sync flight records first if you wish , and write down your settings if you wish or take screen shots .

Can you use custom channels in the UK and not just AUTO. ???  If you can try to go to custom  channel and pick chanell 20 for the Image Tranmission Settings . This is a great cahnnel because it does not compete with wi fi . Then lower the Bit rate for the image transmission as well to 4 mbs.

Below is  more tips to try .

Video Transmission issues with X3 or X5 ? Try These Suggestions !

Also get a shorter cable  between the Go App and RC, twisting like that can contribute to the problem.

donnie

2017-3-24
Use props
Prop 1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-24 10:59
I think the problem is your iPad is 16GB, for that you pretty much need to delete all unnecessary apps.
Best think would be to restore it to factory settings and only install the GO app.
I think if you do this it will work much better. You can also lower the transmission bit rate.

Thank you. Ken for the advice

I did not need to replace the Ipad. I changed the transmission bit rate to 4mbps this has worked but had to change the Language from UK to USA on the Ipad as I'm Unable to use custom icon in the UK Unknow why.

But all is great again
Cheers
2017-3-26
Use props
Prop 1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Donnie * Posted at 2017-3-24 11:48
I would beg or borrow or steal. ( just kidding ) another I pad device and see if the problem is  in the  DJI system or the go app device . MORE  than likely it is the I pad itself , since like you said it woked fine with the input to a monitor , the only thing other could be the USB port on the RC, but like you said it just happened with the latest update. depending whre you jumped from this could have put  ALOT more strain on the go app.  
If you have want to upgrade you Go app device   get the I pad Pro ( standard size is fine ). with 128 GB and Cell and GPS so you can use some of the features like "follow me " and others.  I have them and I love it !! works perfect .  You do not have to use the cell feature , but it comes with the GPS in the package .  

Thanks for the advice
Its great that people are out there to help one another.

I did like the part (I would beg or borrow or steal) funny enough I work for a Pawnshop in the UK that sell these devices which is great.
but looking to start a Ariel photograph Business in the future in the UK.
2017-3-26
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Prop 1 Posted at 2017-3-26 05:08
Thanks for the advice
Its great that people are out there to help one another.

Glad you have it sorted, also be sure to try channel 20 on the Image settings , it does not compete with wi fi  signals and also enable the "hardware decode " .

Happy to help and glad you got a "Chortle " out of the "Beg Borrow or Steal " of my post to you ....At the very least ,  I am sometimes good for a laugh

Cheers from across the pond and best of luck getting on with the  new business venture.

donnie
2017-3-26
Use props
Prop 1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Donnie * Posted at 2017-3-26 05:13
Glad you have it sorted, also be sure to try channel 20 on the Image settings , it does not compete with wi fi  signals and also enable the "hardware decode " .

Happy to help and glad you got a "Chortle " out of the "Beg Borrow or Steal " of my post to you ....At the very least ,  I am sometimes good for a laugh

Cheers mate i will try channel 20 when its back out flying

Cheers
Tim
2017-3-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Prop 1 Posted at 2017-3-26 04:58
Thank you. Ken for the advice

I did not need to replace the Ipad. I changed the transmission bit rate to 4mbps this has worked but had to change the Language from UK to USA on the Ipad as I'm Unable to use custom icon in the UK Unknow why.

Sounds great, glad it's working for you.
2017-3-27
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-27 06:28
Sounds great, glad it's working for you.

Ken
when changing the iPad setting to USA vs UK  (this enables the custom settings mode in the UK) does this also change the remote power level? I was reading some other posts and youtube videos about this subject. Are the remotes sold in the UK have a different rating EU standard or is this change with the settings in the iPad?  Or is it related to the GPS location?

I was just curious why custom mode is disabled  for the folks in the UK.  FCC vs EU

Rich
2017-3-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-3-27 10:46
Ken
when changing the iPad setting to USA vs UK  (this enables the custom settings mode in the UK) does this also change the remote power level? I was reading some other posts and youtube videos about this subject. Are the remotes sold in the UK have a different rating EU standard or is this change with the settings in the iPad?  Or is it related to the GPS location?

No, the power level will be determined by the GPS in the aircraft.
2017-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules