Different Battery Model Numbers
625 6 2017-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans65943f2f
New

United States

Regarding Mavic Pro...I was looking into getting a second battery but noticed that there are two different model numbers out there.

CP.PT.000565 vs CP.PT.000587

Anyone know what the difference is?
2017-3-23
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

There are NO differences. Just different SKU#
2017-3-23
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-3-23 19:02
There are NO differences. Just different SKU#

To be clear, a different SKU means something about the product is substantially different.  It may very well have the same shape and operational specs, but may have different internal components or it may be an identical battery sourced from a different supplier/manufacturer.
2017-3-24
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

Griffith Posted at 2017-3-24 04:34
To be clear, a different SKU means something about the product is substantially different.  It may very well have the same shape and operational specs, but may have different internal components or it may be an identical battery sourced from a different supplier/manufacturer.

"To be clear, a different SKU means something about the product is substantially different."

Not necessarily. When I worked in retail there would be different SKUs for the same product with minor packaging changes or something similar.
2017-3-24
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
United States

geofox784 Posted at 2017-3-24 07:56
"To be clear, a different SKU means something about the product is substantially different."

Not necessarily. When I worked in retail there would be different SKUs for the same product with minor packaging changes or something similar.

Maybe we're talking about the same thing. When I say substantial, I'm generally speaking from a regulatory or trade perspective.  It could very well be a packaging change, but in some products packaging is regulated or trademarked.  My company requires us to make strong justification to add a SKU because of the internal cost associated with registration, regulation and internal data maintenance.
2017-3-24
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Griffith Posted at 2017-3-24 04:34

I researched it before I answered it the question... and all the specs are the same!
2017-3-24
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-3-24 19:10
I researched it before I answered it the question... and all the specs are the same!

Hmmm. I'm guessing it may be sourced from an alternate manufacturer.
2017-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules