Motor Arm Tilt
1406 6 2017-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

I noticed 2 motor's tilted much more than the others. I  think it's the red prop motor mounts that is tilted a bit more than  the white prop motor mounts. Is this normal? I grabbed the arm where  the motor sits and tried to move it. The arm and boom is solid, didn't  even budge. Just something I noticed, was interested to see if others  have this as well.

Thanks

2017-3-23
Use props
freelanderuk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 177720 ft
United Kingdom

My motors have a tilt on them also so much that the landing gear legs scrape the side of the case when I put it away, I have only just bought it ,I saw it flying and all seamed well ,taking it for my maiden flight today so will see how it handles ,

I have raised and lowered the landing gear and it always seams to go back to the same position, so I thought this may be ok, when on a total flat surface the feet of the landing gear are at a slight angle and not totally flat on the surface, is yours the same
2017-3-24
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Er... no... somethings not right
2017-3-24
Use props
freelanderuk
lvl.3
United Kingdom

My inspire flew ok , I have just seen a youtube video of a dji approved repairer replacing a boom and at the end of replacing the boom the motors were angled using a camber gauge
2017-3-24
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

freelanderuk Posted at 2017-3-24 00:52
My motors have a tilt on them also so much that the landing gear legs scrape the side of the case when I put it away, I have only just bought it ,I saw it flying and all seamed well ,taking it for my maiden flight today so will see how it handles ,

I have raised and lowered the landing gear and it always seams to go back to the same position, so I thought this may be ok, when on a total flat surface the feet of the landing gear are at a slight angle and not totally flat on the surface, is yours the same

Yeah sort of the same. There is a tilt and when you put the Inspire on a flat surface, you can see the landing gear doesn't sit flat. I even tried grabbing the end of the boom arm where the motor sits and tried turning it. Was thinking maybe it was loose. It never budged at all so I figured the tilt I saw was normal. It seems the only 2 arms tilted slightly more than the other 2 arms. My assumption it was normal because the thing wasn't loose.
2017-3-24
Use props
freelanderuk
lvl.3
United Kingdom

This is the youtube video I watched had it shows you how the arm is made ,the motor mounts are glued and both in line ,it's the small arm and clamp that denote where the angle is.

2017-3-24
Use props
Highasakite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

Nice freelanderuk, excellent info! Thank you! Ken
2017-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules