Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AndyD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80141 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All,

Aircraft was on 0602, RC 1.5.8.

I'm trying to upgrade my RC firmware from 1.5.8 to 1.8 and it's not happening. I was on RC 1.6.0 and downgraded to 1.5.8 but now want to restore to latest firmware for RC and aircraft.

On PC Assistant, I selected restore factory defaults and all successful for the aircraft. I tried RC firmware again but nothing happened. So back on PC Assistant, I selected refresh (aircraft) Firmware page and started the complete firmware refresh. App is showing as 'Updating' and the Assistant software is showing 'Transmitting' and 2% on the status bar. It's been like that for 40 minutes now and no change.

Any idea how I can reset the firmware to bring up to date?

Thanks.
2017-3-24
Use props
AndyD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80141 ft
United Kingdom

Panic over!
I managed to do a full factory reset followed by various firmware upgrades, aircraft restarts and finally a full calibration and RC pairing.
I'm now back up to date.
2017-3-25
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

AndyD Posted at 2017-3-25 01:05
Panic over!
I managed to do a full factory reset followed by various firmware upgrades, aircraft restarts and finally a full calibration and RC pairing.
I'm now back up to date.

Aloha Andy,

Good to hear you got her up and running.  This is one endeavor that you have to manage your complexity issues real well.  May I suggest you frequent the Forum here and look for posts that deal with firmware issues including the very many ways that downgrades and upgrades can be done.  You can even cut and paste them into documents that you can refer to later.

The technology of DJI products changes so rapidly, you really have to keep up with all the options and fixes.  Very little of the information makes it into manuals, but manuals are still the major source of keeping your Phantom in the air.  Otherwise, we are always happy to help here on the Forum.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-25
Use props
chris_t
lvl.4

Germany

After I updated the Phantom 4 and the remote, I got 'Weak Signal' and 'Connection Lost' errors all the time, even when in close range.
Unfortunately the downgrade option was removed on the Phantom, so I'm stuck with the current firmware. The remote however can still be downgraded, which I did (from 1.8 to 1.6). Since then everything seems fine again.
Once again a reminder to never change a running system.
2017-3-25
Use props
khughes
New
Flight distance : 3389 ft
United States

Hello,
I keep reading different posts in forums.  My DJI P3 has been down ever since the new update.  My drone will update with the new bin file.  However, the Go App doesn't work.  I have purchased a new IPAD mini 4, an android tablet, a smart phone and I am still unable to connect to my camera.  There is a screen that tells me "how to" but I am unable to get past this screen.  I have tried everything.  Right now the drone has been updated to the newest bin file for the aircraft and battery.  However, the RC will not take the new file.
Does anyone know how to restore the RC back to factory status? If not, does anyone have any idea what to do in order to get this app to work.  I have a family reunion coming up in a few days and I would really like to have my drone working for the event.  Please help if you can?

2017-6-18
Use props
khughes
New
Flight distance : 3389 ft
United States

AndyD Posted at 2017-3-25 01:05
Panic over!
I'm now back up to date.

Please share how you did a full factory reset?
2017-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules