Did I make the right decision going with nvidia shield k1 ?
1208 12 2017-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Silverado101980
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5858166 ft
United States

Greetings,

I decided that for an upcoming project that I needed a bigger screen and my phone on Android 7 isn’t dependable and I can’t downgrade it to Marshmallow becasue it’s locked by Verizon. So I went with the Nvidia Shield K1 and ordered the Mavmount to hold it aside from the IOS and Android b.s. and who’s better. And the fact that buying a cellular mini I pad 3-4 isn’t in my budget right now. My plan is that the Shield will be just for the Mavic and will have about every unnecessary app removed any tricks other than the keep it on Marshmallow and the developer options I might need to do and will I be happy with it… more along the lines of not having the video lagging while flying. I have 30 days to try it and see what I think since I ordered it direct from Nvidia so we will see.

Thank you

Reese

2017-3-24
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Have you considered an iPad mini 2 with cellular? I see them for sale for about $200.
2017-3-24
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-3-24 09:44
Have you considered an iPad mini 2 with cellular? I see them for sale for about $200.

I was more concerned that they might not be powerful enough I wish I knew people who had some that I could of tested I wasn't against it just want smooth video feed there are times I fly behind trees and such checking farm fields or projects just want the best feed I can get and not break the bank
2017-3-24
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Silverado101980 Posted at 2017-3-24 10:31
I was more concerned that they might not be powerful enough I wish I knew people who had some that I could of tested I wasn't against it just want smooth video feed there are times I fly behind trees and such checking farm fields or projects just want the best feed I can get and not break the bank

On most of the tablet threads here, there alot of people that have good things to say about the iPad mini 2.
2017-3-24
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

Keep it on marshmallow and you will be fine, I also picked up a matte screen protector from Amazon to cut the glare. It is a powerful tablet and rocks when it is working.
Regards,
-d.
2017-3-24
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-3-24 11:56
On most of the tablet threads here, there alot of people that have good things to say about the iPad mini 2.

that's good to know if things don't work out for the Shield I might just lean that way.
thank you
2017-3-24
Use props
SteveDickin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If the Nvidia fails for you with the Mavic, I promise you that its a great and powerful device for everything else.
- Android Gaming
- Gaming (Steam Games)
- Kodi
- Normal Android Social Media stuff
- Connectivity to your TV (HDMI)

Probably the most powerful Android tablet available and its over 2 years old.
2017-3-24
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

Silverado101980 Posted at 2017-3-24 12:02
that's good to know if things don't work out for the Shield I might just lean that way.
thank you

The shield will be great for you, the next step up is iOS mini.
Regards,
-d.
2017-3-24
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
United States

bunny too Posted at 2017-3-24 12:00
Keep it on marshmallow and you will be fine, I also picked up a matte screen protector from Amazon to cut the glare. It is a powerful tablet and rocks when it is working.
Regards,
-d.

Thank you I will give it a shot I read a nasty rumor that ones shipped out since March 1st were installed with Nougat so I hope that's not the case
2017-3-24
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Silverado101980 Posted at 2017-3-24 12:02
thank you

If you do end up returning there is rumor that  Apple may launch new iPad's this month so maybe next week, which would end-up driving the price of older models down. Keep your eye peeled.
2017-3-24
Use props
Ruwan
lvl.1

United States

I brought a K1 from Amazon 2 or 3 weeks ago and had to return it after a couple of flights.  The app just kept on crashing.  It's a shame because it's a nice piece of hardware.  

From everything I read don't upgrade to 7.0 and you should be fine.  I'll most likely try an apple product now =/
2017-3-24
Use props
fans6729d404
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25548 ft
United States

How do I get ten points in this thing?
2017-3-24
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
United States

Ruwan Posted at 2017-3-24 13:20
I brought a K1 from Amazon 2 or 3 weeks ago and had to return it after a couple of flights.  The app just kept on crashing.  It's a shame because it's a nice piece of hardware.  

From everything I read don't upgrade to 7.0 and you should be fine.  I'll most likely try an apple product now =/

The Shield is super solid for me it's on marshmallow 6.something I haven't updated a thing on it ... I've read that the shield is better than the mini 3 and really holds it's own against the 4 but that's apples and oranges because I think the DJI Go 4 app is more tuned for IOS platforms​ since there is less variation
2017-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules