Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Main boards - Interchangeable ?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PeterJame007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 119068 ft
United States

I have two P3 Std's both out of commission.  Trying to make one good, which currently has two motor that don't start on the right side of the craft. I swapped out motors to eliminate the motor as the problem, but the outcome was the same. Same two positions don't start.  So,I am assuming the ESC chips are bad.  Now thinking of swapping main boards between orginal purchased P3 and the second pne I picked up.  Can anyone confirm that these boards (Part 33 ?) are interchangeable ?

2017-3-24
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Do they both have the same style of motors? I think that is what you would have to watch, if the motors are different, they are controlled with a different ESC, in which case they could have different main boards. I think otherwise they are the same if both are standard models. I am not the expert though, so maybe a DJI rep could verify for sure.
2017-3-24
Use props
Sasquad
First Officer
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

yup, go for it. These boards are not specific to a certain set of motors. They roll off the same assembly line all day long. Not viable for DJI to produce them any other way. The KV of the motors between series is pretty much the same. Even if they jumped the KV rating to a higher standard the ESCs can handle that. ESCs are designed to send current to the motors and don't give a hoot what type they are. The only thing ESCs care about is that you don't tap out their Amp rating. You're not going to tap them out with any motors you put in the quad from DJI. I would bet you that they are rated from 2-6 cells and 30  Amps. So go for it, no worries.
2017-3-24
Use props
HWCM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

Sasquad Posted at 2017-3-24 13:06
yup, go for it. These boards are not specific to a certain set of motors. They roll off the same assembly line all day long. Not viable for DJI to produce them any other way. The KV of the motors between series is pretty much the same. Even if they jumped the KV rating to a higher standard the ESCs can handle that. ESCs are designed to send current to the motors and don't give a hoot what type they are. The only thing ESCs care about is that you don't tap out their Amp rating. You're not going to tap them out with any motors you put in the quad from DJI. I would bet you that they are rated from 2-6 cells and 30  Amps. So go for it, no worries.

Not according to DJI.
Compatibility Notice for New Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced Motors
2017-3-24
Use props
PeterJame007
lvl.1
United States

Appreciate the feedback...  At this point changing main board will be the last change.   So I decided to remove the gimbal and camera assembly from the crashed P3 I bought and install it on my original P3.  The gimbal got quite trashed from crash as well as a bent leg.  Anywho, I removed and installed the gimbal and camera assembly onto original P3.  Went to turn everything (P3, iPad and controller) on and all seems good except the controller power light stays red.  Status lights on P3 indicate all is good, so I was able to fire it up, motors start (no props installed yet) up, camera functioning and showing on DJI Go App, but power light remains red on controller.  And ideas why this is ?
2017-3-26
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

PeterJame007 Posted at 2017-3-26 09:11
Appreciate the feedback...  At this point changing main board will be the last change.   So I decided to remove the gimbal and camera assembly from the crashed P3 I bought and install it on my original P3.  The gimbal got quite trashed from crash as well as a bent leg.  Anywho, I removed and installed the gimbal and camera assembly onto original P3.  Went to turn everything (P3, iPad and controller) on and all seems good except the controller power light stays red.  Status lights on P3 indicate all is good, so I was able to fire it up, motors start (no props installed yet) up, camera functioning and showing on DJI Go App, but power light remains red on controller.  And ideas why this is ?

I had same issue with a standard I was repairing for someone. It also had camera broke off. I used a good ribbon cable and just hooked up the camera to see if it would work. Still waiting on a replacement roll arm for it. Camera works and all appeared to be fine, motors fired up ,etc. So, I unhooked the camera and was going to fly it to se how everything was and I get the red light on the RC. Actually it goes from green to red and back and forth. Will not maintain a constant signal lock. I hooked camera back up and it stays green on the RC and all is good. I thought you could fly these without the camera?? I wonder it you disconnect the antenna wires and the cable entirely from the assembly if it will fly that way. Sounds somewhat similar. I wonder if there is anything wrong with the gimbal you are trying to use. Maybe it can't communicate with it?
2017-3-27
Use props
PeterJame007
lvl.1
United States

HWCM Posted at 2017-3-24 20:54
Not according to DJI.
Compatibility Notice for New Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced Motors

This is Standard, with original motors, both crafts same model.  P3 Std.   I decided on changing camera gimbals out.  Now an issue with DJI app not syncing with craft and remote has steady red light.  And remote connection light on craft is green ? ? ? ?
2017-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules