Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My Phantom 4 just go up when disconnected from remote
796 8 2017-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
leonardrosser
lvl.1

Indonesia

Hello Guys, so I have (yes it is still with me) phantom 4 that just went up whenever it lost connection from the remote. I Assure you that i have set the RTH height set not so high(70-100) but it just went up beyond the limit. RTH in advance settings all set to RTH, RTH smart is on. So far the aircraft went up, and if for some case i didn't get connected even it is already went higher, the aircraft just auto landed when baterry all drained.

But when I'm still connected, the RTH just went perfect as it should be. And push RTH in remote just make the aircraft land where it is.What should I do to make the system go as it should be again?

Flight Log
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uyavt ... x3IuDi1GXomeaa?dl=0

2017-3-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There have been cases of obstacle avoidance being fooled by a bright, low sun and going high to avoid the sun.
Was yours attempting to RTH into a bright sun?
2017-3-24
Use props
leonardrosser
lvl.1

Indonesia

sadly no, also i attempt to rth while in connection within remote and aircraft and its work normally.

but gotta clean the fromt sensor
2017-3-24
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

The RTH won't work if it is already really close to you, it will just do pretty much that, go up, then auto land.  If you want to test your RTH move it a few hundred feet away first
2017-3-24
Use props
leonardrosser
lvl.1

Indonesia

9245 Posted at 2017-3-24 20:59
The RTH won't work if it is already really close to you, it will just do pretty much that, go up, then auto land.  If you want to test your RTH move it a few hundred feet away first

it is about 100ish meter away from me. it is disconnected from the remote and go up. if i'm the one who initiate RTH button from the apps, it's work normally.

It is already happen twice where it is about 600m+ away from me. and searching for it is not gonna be pretty. once it land in the rooftop of a mall, and the other land in a factory facility. it is discourage me to fly it anymore in real place if the RTH cannot be trusted.
2017-3-25
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

Double check your settings, because the only thing I an think of is that you have hover in place selected.  If it's not that I would send it back to DJI to look at.
2017-3-25
Use props
JockC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

Are you aware that the RTH height setting is in metres? 70-100m sounds quite high for an RTH height if that's what you've set.  I use 40m.  Check on your own device but I think I recall reading somewhere that the RTH setting is in metres even if you have set your options to imperial.
2017-3-25
Use props
leonardrosser
lvl.1

Indonesia

9245 Posted at 2017-3-25 01:50
Double check your settings, because the only thing I an think of is that you have hover in place selected.  If it's not that I would send it back to DJI to look at.

yeah already check it multiple time, could DJI examine from my flight records?
2017-3-25
Use props
leonardrosser
lvl.1

Indonesia

JockC Posted at 2017-3-25 02:05
Are you aware that the RTH height setting is in metres? 70-100m sounds quite high for an RTH height if that's what you've set.  I use 40m

yes it is quite high, but when you fly near several high building it is necessary to put it beyond their height.
also i've done several test with lower altitude like 40 and the problem remain the same.
2017-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules