Phone Disconnecting Every Time After Around 1 Minute
864 5 2017-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Osprey Imagery
New
United Kingdom

Hi all, this is my first post, having just received my new P4P. I'm really excited about getting it out to fly and have had a few goes at getting it off the ground after updating the firmware. Problem is it keeps disconnecting from my phone. The remote stays connected to the Phantom but the video feedback stops and goes black and white. It's always after around a minute. If I restart my pholne and go back into the app everything is fine until I fly again for another minute. If I just go back into the app after disconnection it makes no difference. The phone has to be fully restarted. The phone is an HTC One if that's relevent.

I'm wonding if anyone has had a similar problem, and if so, did you find a solution?

Many thanks,

Gavin
2017-3-24
Use props
Osprey Imagery
New
United Kingdom

**** Update - I've now tried Litchi and have exactly the same problem. Losing the connection to phone after the same amount of time. All telemetry info disappears along with the video signal....
2017-3-24
Use props
user75ce885ccb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 550367 ft
Norway

I have P4 + and have exactly the same problem
2017-3-24
Use props
Osprey Imagery
New
United Kingdom

user75ce885ccb Posted at 2017-3-24 10:52
I have P4 + and have exactly the same problem

Now gone back to previous firmware update as on 11/01/17 but still having the same problem. Please help me DJI!!!
2017-3-24
Use props
Osprey Imagery
New
United Kingdom

It appears to be a problem with the internet connection being active on my phone at the same time as the application (Go/Litchi). Oddly, it seems to only affect the app if the internet connection is active when the app starts. If either mobile data or wifi are switched on when the app starts then I lose the connection after around a minute. If mobile data and wifi are switched off when the app starts then there is no problem, even if mobile data and wifi are activated while the app is open.

In order to establish this I've had to follow a process each time to 'reset' the applications to start again from the beginning.

It's not a permanent fix but if you're having this problem then try the following:

1. Unplug Remote-Phone connection

2. Settings > Apps > Running

End all non essential applications, including any drone related apps

3. Settings > Apps > Downloaded

Clear cache and defaults for all drone related apps

4. Disable WIFI & Mobile Data

5. Connect USB to phone

6. Upon being prompted by phone; allow default to be set up for your chosen app (Go/Litchi etc)

7. Enable WIFI and mobile data (if you require it)

Any time when you have the disconnection problem follow the instructions above. It might work without disconnecting and connecting remote/phone usb, but I've found that I definitely have to clear the cache and remove the defaults, and ensure there are no conflicting programs running.

Looking forward to testing it out in the morning. Hope this helps anyone having the same issue.
2017-3-24
Use props
JoiCam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 771434 ft
Iceland

Also try another cable, could be something wrong with it or its connectors. If it does not work then try another phone if you have one.
2017-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules