Mavic Soft image on left side camera defect
2594 18 2017-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
blitzkrieg3002
lvl.2
United States

My mavic pro has a very soft/blurry image on the left side of the image.  I have done advanced IMU calibration, gimbal calibration, firmware update... all make no change to this issue.  I've had my mavic for a few months now and thought that maybe it would be fixed eventually by an update but that has not been the case.  I need to know the steps to send it in for repair.   I've emailed you guys last night but also wanted to post on here as i'm not sure which is the correct method of contact for repairs.  Some of these images were shot with a polar pro nd filter on and some were raw with no filter, it has no change which i wouldn't expect it to but wanted to state that as well.  All of these photos manual focus to horizon was achieved and had 0 effect on the soft image on the left side.  Some do seem much worse than others but it's deffinataley there.  Thank you

https://www.dropbox.com/s/451mi5 ... h15m50s059.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7l28mr ... h16m56s616.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2w3yno ... h17m16s868.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ymb5bh ... h58m06s638.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mjw8hr ... h00m25s819.png?dl=0
2017-3-24
Use props
Schata
lvl.3
Flight distance : 727641 ft
Germany

Contact them through the support site. Fill out the form and they will contact you. Had also to go through this procedure. For me it worked fine and fast. Good luck getting a good drone fast!
2017-3-24
Use props
blitzkrieg3002
lvl.2
United States

Schata Posted at 2017-3-24 10:01
Contact them through the support site. Fill out the form and they will contact you. Had also to go through this procedure. For me it worked fine and fast. Good luck getting a good drone fast!

awesome thank you I will do this.  I'm hoping for a fast fix as well.  Thanks again
2017-3-24
Use props
mildim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 981558 ft
Switzerland

Have the same issue , just mailed and posted a new thread.

Hope you will get a fast fix.
2017-3-26
Use props
blitzkrieg3002
lvl.2
United States

mildim Posted at 2017-3-26 14:01
Have the same issue , just mailed and posted a new thread.

Hope you will get a fast fix.

how long did it take for them to respond to your issue? I contacted them about 3 days ago now.  no word.  hoping I can get it resolved soon.
2017-3-26
Use props
mildim
lvl.2
Switzerland

blitzkrieg3002 Posted at 2017-3-26 17:52
how long did it take for them to respond to your issue? I contacted them about 3 days ago now.  no word.  hoping I can get it resolved soon.

I contacted them yesterday late at night. I think it will take some time. I will be posting the updates in my thread. I am positive that this will work.
2017-3-26
Use props
blitzkrieg3002
lvl.2
United States

So it's been 10 days now and not a single reply or response from DJI on this issue... I really would like to get this taken care of sooner rather than later.  Can anyone from dji chime in to help me out? Do these responses usually take a couple of weeks for the initial response? Thank you.
2017-4-2
Use props
mildim
lvl.2
Switzerland

Did you try this ?

https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-4-3
Use props
mildim
lvl.2
Switzerland

It seems the link is not working anymore ?
2017-4-3
Use props
Shamus
lvl.1
United States

Like countless others, mine has the same issue. They are quoting me just shy of $400 or use Refresh to get it "fixed". It would appear the true cost of this product is the purchase price + at least one round of repair.

Image from first flight.

Video the day I contacted support.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r6al6mgs7biqmdg/DJI_0032.MOV?dl=0

2017-4-3
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Shamus Posted at 2017-4-3 14:47
Like countless others, mine has the same issue. They are quoting me just shy of $400 or use Refresh to get it "fixed". It would appear the true cost of this product is the purchase price + at least one round of repair.

Image from first flight.

That sounds like milking. Like they size you up using the go app to turn on your camera phone. You sure it's not warranty?
2017-4-3
Use props
blitzkrieg3002
lvl.2
United States

Shamus Posted at 2017-4-3 14:47

Image from first flight.

That is complete Bull.  that is a defect.  I know mine has been that way ever since purchase.  definitely a warranty issue
2017-4-3
Use props
Shamus
lvl.1
United States

blitzkrieg3002 Posted at 2017-4-3 18:44
That is complete Bull.  that is a defect.  I know mine has been that way ever since purchase.  definitely a warranty issue

I animate car accidents for a law firm to show the jury. My Mavic was purchased to do matchmoving (adding 3d stuff to a live action background), which requires pixel level accuracy. A camera with a blurred lens is worthless to me.

The only silver lining here is, as they start denying to fix these defects as warranty, we have recoverable damages. My boss is very happy about the stance they are taking, which is in clear violation of the Uniform Commercial Code. We can't form a class and sue if they warranty the defect.
2017-4-4
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

Here is the problem, unfortunately it has taken longer then it should have, this issue is NORMAL, most if not all have the "blurriness" . . .  literally 9 out of 10 mavics have this issue to some degree (I'm only guessing as the only research I have done is watching youtube videos, and only 1 out of 10 I could not see any blurriness), most people of accepted it or have not noticed it yet.  I bought another one to try and resolve it myself, only to get another one with the same issue (but a little less, and on the opposite side)

I'm guessing DJI is just now starting to realize how bad sh!t is about to hit the fan, that now they are saying it is normal . . . . which it kinda is normal if you think about it . . . if they all do the same thing, the "blurriness" is now a feature not a defect . . .
2017-4-4
Use props
Shamus
lvl.1
United States

Acidsnow Posted at 2017-4-4 06:16
Here is the problem, unfortunately it has taken longer then it should have, this issue is NORMAL, most if not all have the "blurriness" . . .  literally 9 out of 10 mavics have this issue to some degree (I'm only guessing as the only research I have done is watching youtube videos, and only 1 out of 10 I could not see any blurriness), most people of accepted it or have not noticed it yet.  I bought another one to try and resolve it myself, only to get another one with the same issue (but a little less, and on the opposite side)

I'm guessing DJI is just now starting to realize how bad sh!t is about to hit the fan, that now they are saying it is normal . . . . which it kinda is normal if you think about it . . . if they all do the same thing, the "blurriness" is now a feature not a defect . . .

Thankfully the UCC protects us against this type of behavior.

"Its compact size hides a high degree of complexity that makes it one of DJI’s most
sophisticated flying cameras ever. "

By DJI's own words, this is a flying camera. That is how it is marketed and sold. If the camera part of the "flying camera" is defective, the product is defective. This will be litigated.

§§ 2-315. Implied Warranty: Fitness for Particular Purpose.
Where the seller at the time of contracting has reason to know any particular purpose for which the goods are required and that the buyeris relying on the seller's skill or judgment to select or furnish suitable goods, there is unless excluded or modified under the next section an implied warranty that the goods shall be fit for such purpose.

2017-4-4
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Shamus Posted at 2017-4-4 06:58
Thankfully the UCC protects us against this type of behavior.

"Its compact size hides a high degree of complexity that makes it one of DJI’s most

I animate car accidents for a law firm to show the jury. My Mavic was purchased to do matchmoving (adding 3d stuff to a live action background), which requires pixel level accuracy. A camera with a blurred lens is worthless to me

By DJI's own words, this is a flying camera. That is how it is marketed and sold. If the camera part of the "flying camera" is defective, the product is defective. This will be litigated.

There's no need to resort to all that jazz about an implied lawsuit by the huge three-attorney law firm you work for: just ask one of the DJI employees on here to look into your case and I'll bet they will, just as they do for everyone else who complains.

In the meantime, if you're doing videos for professional work you should seriously consider getting a Phantom 4 Pro instead of a Mavic, because it's common knowledge that the P4P has better video capabilities. And since it's being used for your job, you ought to be able to get the ambulance chaser you work for to pay for it.

P.S. You do know that it's a violation of federal regulations to fly a drone for business purposes without a Part 107 certification, right? So if I were to go look in the FAA's database I'd find an entry for a Shamus Oliver in Pittsburg?
2017-4-5
Use props
blitzkrieg3002
lvl.2
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-5 03:07
I animate car accidents for a law firm to show the jury. My Mavic was purchased to do matchmoving (adding 3d stuff to a live action background), which requires pixel level accuracy. A camera with a blurred lens is worthless to me

Finally got my Mavic shipped out to the repair center.   Will updated when I hear from them.  Hoping for a speedy repair and return. fingers crossed.
2017-4-9
Use props
mildim
lvl.2
Switzerland

blitzkrieg3002 Posted at 2017-4-9 17:46
Finally got my Mavic shipped out to the repair center.   Will updated when I hear from them.  Hoping for a speedy repair and return. fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed , please let us know if the new mavic has the same issue.
2017-4-12
Use props
blitzkrieg3002
lvl.2
Puerto Rico

So I got my mavic back yesterday, I did one test flight so far and plan to do many more.  looks like they issued me an entire new Mavic.  I feel like I've already noticed a soft spot on the right for sure with this one.  i'll test a bunch more, but it seems as though this is just how these units are I guess.  Will post back with some updates after more flights.
2017-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules