No camera feed??
3691 11 2017-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Beef
lvl.1
United Kingdom

For the brief time of having some sun in the UK and it not being too cold I thought I would take my P3A for a fly. I have not used the drone at all for 5 months nearly, with the weather being crap and it being to cold outside, so today i thought Yes!!! time for some flight time but when i went to connect the drone to the phone i got nothing . . . .

The P3A and controller fire up as they should connecting to each other straight away but i have no live video on my phone. The P3A starts up fine and i can fly it around in line of sight no issues but i am just not getting a live feed from the camera to my phone.

Any helps guys please?

Thanks,

Ben.

2017-3-24
Use props
skeyephantom
lvl.1

United States

Ben......It's a little weird that I just signed up for this forum to look for answers to exactly the same issues you posted.  My PS3P has been sitting dormant  since last summer and with a break in the weather a couple weeks ago, I wanted to get some flight time.  Everything works except my video.  Flight data shows on App,, but no video.  The other issue I'm having is I cannot update firmware on the aircraft.....fails after numerous tries.  Hopefully someone out there can help.
2017-3-24
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Let's hope this is not a trend. Copters coming out of hibernation going blind.
2017-3-24
Use props
Beef
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Any help guys please? This English sunshine will not last for long
2017-3-26
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Beef Posted at 2017-3-26 01:09
Any help guys please? This English sunshine will not last for long

Aloha Ben,

The problem is that your P3A has been sitting unused and micro corrosion has built up on the connections between the gimbal / camera and the body of the Phantom.  Disconnect the contacts and reattach them.  Be careful not to strip any clips.  Then let her rip!

I live on an island to.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-26
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

skeyephantom Posted at 2017-3-24 10:19
Ben......It's a little weird that I just signed up for this forum to look for answers to exactly the same issues you posted.  My PS3P has been sitting dormant  since last summer and with a break in the weather a couple weeks ago, I wanted to get some flight time.  Everything works except my video.  Flight data shows on App,, but no video.  The other issue I'm having is I cannot update firmware on the aircraft.....fails after numerous tries.  Hopefully someone out there can help.

Aloha skeye,

Look at what I wrote for Ben above.  Then go have fun.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-26
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Maxi3D Posted at 2017-3-24 10:35
Let's hope this is not a trend. Copters coming out of hibernation going blind.

Aloha Maxi,

Look at what I wrote for Ben and skeye above.  No need to fly blind!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-26
Use props
Beef
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2017-3-26 01:53
Aloha Ben,

The problem is that your P3A has been sitting unused and micro corrosion has built up on the connections between the gimbal / camera and the body of the Phantom.  Disconnect the contacts and reattach them.  Be careful not to strip any clips.  Then let her rip!

Thank you very much mate, not being up to speed all the connections do you have a video somewhere or a run through guide as how to do this? thank you.
2017-3-26
Use props
fanse4a99990
New
United Kingdom

OH! I have the same problem! My P3A has not been out the case for around six months and today I had a little problem getting both the aircraft & controller to switch on! eventually both fired into life however, the battery is playing up a little now. I press the on button before connecting it to the aircraft and all the green lights stay on and won't go off! I then attached it to the power adaptor and it fully charged after about 15 mins and the same thing keeps happening with it. I also had a problem with the camera firing up as after the aircraft & controller connected to the DJI APP the camera did not show anything and everything checked out on the information status! Hope this is not going to be a big problem with DJI advanced as I have only flown it less than 5 times! Checked all up to date with updates so no problem there, is anyone else having these problems? if so any advice is welcome. Thanks.
2017-3-27
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Beef Posted at 2017-3-26 13:01
Thank you very much mate, not being up to speed all the connections do you have a video somewhere or a run through guide as how to do this? thank you.

Aloha Ben,

Look up a YouTube video on swapping out a gimbal for a P3 Advanced or Professional.  The first steps are the same since you have to disconnect the cables to do the job.  Then reverse the job and put it back together.  Remember to test it and check it regularly.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-27
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

fanse4a99990 Posted at 2017-3-27 03:44
OH! I have the same problem! My P3A has not been out the case for around six months and today I had a little problem getting both the aircraft & controller to switch on! eventually both fired into life however, the battery is playing up a little now. I press the on button before connecting it to the aircraft and all the green lights stay on and won't go off! I then attached it to the power adaptor and it fully charged after about 15 mins and the same thing keeps happening with it. I also had a problem with the camera firing up as after the aircraft & controller connected to the DJI APP the camera did not show anything and everything checked out on the information status! Hope this is not going to be a big problem with DJI advanced as I have only flown it less than 5 times! Checked all up to date with updates so no problem there, is anyone else having these problems? if so any advice is welcome. Thanks.

Seems strange to me that you say you haven't had it out of the case in six months, and all is up to date. I know there was a firmware update back in Nov-2016 and several app updates since then. Are you sure about the latest firmware, etc. Just asking. Never heard of any issues with the batteries like that, but I myself fly a lot and don't  give them a chance to hibernate like that. Not saying your doing anything wrong, but wonder if you maybe need to run them and try to drain them down and fully re-charge to re-balance things? I don't really know if this would help, but makes sense to me. I would be cautious of flying too far until you were comfortable, and I would keep an eye on the cell voltages for sure. Hopefully someone else can jump in here that may have experienced the same thing.
2017-3-27
Use props
Beef
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Right guys, the feed is now there which is good bbbbbuuuuuuttttt . . . . . . . . .  now when ever I give the bird a command say, moving it or the camera i can see the drone doing as it should instantaneously but the live feed to my iphone takes anywhere from 6 to 12 seconds to be upto date. any help on this new problem would be great guys thanks, Ben
2017-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules