Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
San Francisco, March 2017
1601 23 2017-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ackdoh
First Officer
Flight distance : 6014 ft
United States

While I was up in San Francisco for GDC last month, I had a chance to do some exploring here and there while capturing just a fraction of this bustling majestic metropolis up in the air. Here's an edited video of some of the sights!

Music: "National Anthem" by The Postal Service

2017-3-24
Use props
ProQuad
First Officer
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am assuming that you did not have any issues flying over buildings, cars, etc.?  I'm going out in June and would like to do some video's and pics but didn't think we could fly around there.  Good job, like the video.
2017-3-24
Use props
Ackdoh
First Officer
United States

ProQuad Posted at 2017-3-24 13:19
I am assuming that you did not have any issues flying over buildings, cars, etc.?  I'm going out in June and would like to do some video's and pics but didn't think we could fly around there.  Good job, like the video.

Thx! Didn't have any issues, but the truly blocked areas to fly are the west and north coast of SF due to it all being national parks.
2017-3-24
Use props
ProQuad
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ackdoh Posted at 2017-3-24 13:29
Thx! Didn't have any issues, but the truly blocked areas to fly are the west and north coast of SF due to it all being national parks.

My wife is in the Escape from Alcatraz tri but I think that is televised and I know for a fact that no one is suppose to fly around Alcatraz island.

Hoping to get up and flying with out any issues.

Still good video and gives me some ideas when I get out there!
2017-3-24
Use props
Range30
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11281079 ft
United States

Fantastic Share! I work in San Francisco, CA, so it's always nice to see people from northern california share videos like this. I hope once DJI After sales resolve my case and send me my order of the Mavic Pro, I'm able to take it to San Francisco and fly around mostly around pier 39.
2017-3-25
Use props
fans5fee2f27
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1147559 ft
United States

No golden gate bridge?
2017-3-25
Use props
BIGDZ
Captain
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice flight!
2017-3-25
Use props
Ackdoh
First Officer
United States

ProQuad Posted at 2017-3-24 13:38
My wife is in the Escape from Alcatraz tri but I think that is televised and I know for a fact that no one is suppose to fly around Alcatraz island.

Hoping to get up and flying with out any issues.

O yes! Alcatraz definitely off limits as well too, I usually check https://hivemapper.com before flying in a city too.
2017-3-25
Use props
Ackdoh
First Officer
United States

Range30 Posted at 2017-3-25 00:58
Fantastic Share! I work in San Francisco, CA, so it's always nice to see people from northern california share videos like this. I hope once DJI After sales resolve my case and send me my order of the Mavic Pro, I'm able to take it to San Francisco and fly around mostly around pier 39.

Thanks! Oh no, what happened to your order? Pier 39 should be a great place to fly Not off limits from what I've seen on the maps. Fisherman's Wharf is border line with the parks nearby and some helicopters for tours.
2017-3-25
Use props
Range30
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11281079 ft
United States

My order included: Mavic Pro fly-more combo, controller hood, an extra battery, an extra charger hub (which shipped separately which I received March 10th) and DJI Mavic Care Refresh (which I received confirmation via email) I reside in Northern California and my order was shipped from Southern California (Carson, CA).

DJI for no explanation recalled my package order apparently after it reached my LOCAL FEDEX LOCATION. What was odd about this was that my package registered at weighing 1 lbs (yes 1 lbs) from when it left DJI (Carson, CA) all the way to my local fedex facility then my package disappeared after it's last scan was 2:59 AM, March 7 "On Fedex vehicle for delivery". Then magically reappeared at 12 AM, March 7 this time weighing at 19.2 lbs at Carson, CA then later delivered and received by DJI March 8th at 12:03 PM. How the hell did my package go back in TIME and was at 2 fedex locations at the same time along with gaining over 18 lbs? I know DJI technology is good but not that good to vanish, go back in time almost few hours then put on weight.

Received shipping confirmation March 3rd and I was to receive my order March 7th. I took tuesday off (March 7th) to be home to sign off on the DJI order. That day came and gone but no biggie. I then took Wednesday off (march 8th) after calling a speaking with a FEDEX rep the assure me that my package was on it's way. Well, wednesday came and gone too. Called FEDEX again later that evening they opened a TRACE Package case but couldn't give me details onto what happened till they did a little investigating. The following Monday FEDEX TRACE DEPT called and told me that DJI recalled my order and changed my tracking number. FEDEX supplied me with the information along with telling me that DJI recalled my order because I wasn't home. That's bull crap because there was no delivery that day or attempted delivery, no MISS YOU note by FEDEX. Nothing. My dealings with DJI has been challenging because I get different stories almost every time onto what happened. Or why there's another delay. I hope this coming week my order arrives for that's all I really want from DJI then I'll be on my merry way!

Still waiting..

2017-3-25
Use props
ProQuad
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Range30 Posted at 2017-3-25 00:58

AAAAHHHHHHHHAAAAA!  I'm totally staying at one of the hotels right next to Pier 39!  This is going to me an awesome trip.  Thanks for the heads up
2017-3-26
Use props
ProQuad
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ackdoh Posted at 2017-3-25 11:35
O yes! Alcatraz definitely off limits as well too, I usually check https://hivemapper.com before flying in a city too.

Thanks for the info.  I use about 3 different apps to check for NFZ.  I'll look into this one and see how I like it.  
2017-3-26
Use props
MavicMule
First Officer
Flight distance : 6329 ft
United States

Nice job, both day & night time too.  The fly by of the tower (coit?) was cool too especially with the tourist in red jacket up on the top floor.  
2017-3-26
Use props
alaska42
Captain
Flight distance : 3668114 ft
  • >>>
United States

I liked how you revealed the skyline during the tower fly around.
2017-3-26
Use props
Ackdoh
First Officer
United States

I didn't get around to it sadly, and hard to find the right point to launch since most of the area surrounding Golden Gate was no fly zone as it's a national park D: So I did it from afar the Coit Tower. I did wish I could have found a closer spot to the bridge! I also got the Bay Bridge and the Embarcadero at night, but unfortunately it was all trashed as I reviewed it at home, out of focus
2017-3-26
Use props
Ackdoh
First Officer
United States

Range30 Posted at 2017-3-25 21:23
My order included: Mavic Pro fly-more combo, controller hood, an extra battery, an extra charger hub (which shipped separately which I received March 10th) and DJI Mavic Care Refresh (which I received confirmation via email) I reside in Northern California and my order was shipped from Southern California (Carson, CA).

DJI for no explanation recalled my package order apparently after it reached my LOCAL FEDEX LOCATION. What was odd about this was that my package registered at weighing 1 lbs (yes 1 lbs) from when it left DJI (Carson, CA) all the way to my local fedex facility then my package disappeared after it's last scan was 2:59 AM, March 7 "On Fedex vehicle for delivery". Then magically reappeared at 12 AM, March 7 this time weighing at 19.2 lbs at Carson, CA then later delivered and received by DJI March 8th at 12:03 PM. How the hell did my package go back in TIME and was at 2 fedex locations at the same time along with gaining over 18 lbs? I know DJI technology is good but not that good to vanish, go back in time almost few hours then put on weight.

Ack, that sounds super awful of an experience just unbelievable! Hopefully it does work out for you soon.
2017-3-26
Use props
Ackdoh
First Officer
United States

MavicMule Posted at 2017-3-26 06:41
Nice job, both day & night time too.  The fly by of the tower (coit?) was cool too especially with the tourist in red jacket up on the top floor.

Thanks! Yeah that was one of my favorite shots, and lucky with the ultra saturated red jacket guy leaning out at the time haha. Some fun depth in that shot.  Sadly, 75% of my night shots came out like crap due to bad focusing.  It seems the Mavic can't focus well at night, and usually have to get in there and manually focus after auto focusing "guesses" where it should focus at night. Won't make that mistake again!
2017-3-27
Use props
Lifeofmikey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1147559 ft
United States

Ackdoh Posted at 2017-3-26 11:29
I didn't get around to it sadly, and hard to find the right point to launch since most of the area surrounding Golden Gate was no fly zone as it's a national park D: So I did it from afar the Coit Tower. I did wish I could have found a closer spot to the bridge! I also got the Bay Bridge and the Embarcadero at night, but unfortunately it was all trashed as I reviewed it at home, out of focus

Ohh really. Hopefully next time u can g3y s good shoot of the bridge. Ive seen some videos of people flying to it from the left and right side of it by some beach or water. Never been myself but end of this year ill make my way over there with my mavic. I like the shot of the city also
2017-3-29
Use props
Ackdoh
First Officer
United States

alaska42 Posted at 2017-3-26 07:26
I liked how you revealed the skyline during the tower fly around.

Thx Alaska42, fun camera moves to try about!
2017-5-18
Use props
FlyingSmasher
lvl.3
Netherlands

Nice flight.
2017-5-18
Use props
thehippoz
Captain
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States