Brand New Bricked Lightbridge 2 !
2420 14 2017-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marcos Costa
lvl.1

Brazil

I recently bought a Lightbridge 2 to upgrade a S900 + A2 system that currently uses an analog transmission system.

Since the beggining, I'm unable to get telemetry information (GPS sats, Aircraft position, ...) on DJI Go App. I followed the instructions and also updated all devices.

Today, I tried to downgrade my Remote Controller firmware. After that, my radio sort of "bricked". When I turn it on, it starts to beep and flash a red light. In the Go App, it shows the folowing message: "Remote Controller Encryption Error. Hardware Malfunction, contact costumer service".

It's a brand new system and I cannot return it now, since I'm in Brazil. Could someone please help me with that?

Thanks in advance.

2017-3-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

As a long shot, please try the following button combinations:

To reset the RC:
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off. Hold them long enough for it to 'chirp'.
* While holding the buttons, turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

To manually relink the RC to the LB2 air end:
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD. This may take a few seconds of holding it.
*While holding the buttons, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the air end (next to upgrade) and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the link button and wait, it will be linked soon.

2017-3-29
Use props
Marcos Costa
lvl.1

Brazil

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-29 15:27
As a long shot, please try the following button combinations:

To reset the RC:

Whell, already tried that but with no luck. Do you have any other suggestion?
2017-3-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Marcos Costa Posted at 2017-3-29 15:48
Whell, already tried that but with no luck. Do you have any other suggestion?

Just to verify, you purchased it in Brazil, right?
Please contact your dealer to send in both remote controller and air system and ask for a replacement.
Then please help us confirm the case number with your dealer, we'll follow up this case for further evaluation.
Thank you very much for your support!
2017-3-30
Use props
Marcos Costa
lvl.1

Brazil

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-30 23:03
Just to verify, you purchased it in Brazil, right?
Please contact your dealer to send in both remote controller and air system and ask for a replacement.
Then please help us confirm the case number with your dealer, we'll follow up this case for further evaluation.

Hi Natalia,

No, I bought it in US and brought to Brazil (there are no local stores selling LB2 here).

I am pretty sure there is a bug on DJI Go that is allowing anyone to downgrade their LB2 controller to a non LB2 firmware. I attached a picture to illustrate what I'm talking about. The 1.1.9 version, for exemple, doesn't appear on LB2 release history.

So, I probably installed one of these "non LB2" versions and that is what sort of "bricked" my remote controller.

Anyway, despite this error, everything else seems to be working properly.

Do you think that this could be corrected in a future release?

Thanks for your help.
Screenshot_2017-03-29-12-18-59.png
2017-3-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Marcos Costa Posted at 2017-3-31 06:58
Hi Natalia,

No, I bought it in US and brought to Brazil (there are no local stores selling LB2 here).

Nice to know everything works properly.
I've reported your feedback to the engineers, please check again, we've corrected it.
Thanks for your support!
2017-4-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Marcos Costa Posted at 2017-3-31 06:58
Hi Natalia,

Good to hear it got sorted.
2017-4-1
Use props
Marcos Costa
lvl.1

Brazil

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-1 00:06
Nice to know everything works properly.
I've reported your feedback to the engineers, please check again, we've corrected it.
Thanks for your support!

Hi Natalia,

Thanks for your reply.

Let me see if I understood. DJI already fixed this issue on this new Android release? If so, I'll try to downgrade/upgrade again tomorrow at my office (don't have LB2 here at home).

And just to clarify, my LB2 still have the issue and I can't update the controller to 1.2.0. I also still have the warning message: "Remote Controller Encryption Error". I just figured it out a way to supress the constant and anoying beeping.

Hope everything got fixed on this new release. Tomorrow I'll post an update.

Best regards
2017-4-2
Use props
Marcos Costa
lvl.1

Brazil

Very nice "fix". The only thing DJI did was to remove the option to downgrade LB2 to any firmware.

They should have corrected the firmware list and fixed my issue!!!
2017-4-3
Use props
Marcos Costa
lvl.1

Brazil

Also very nice to know that I paid $1000,00 for the product, am struggling to make it work for 2 weeks, found a bug on DJI's software, alarmed DJI about the issue and saved many more "bricked" LB2s and all I get is a "thank you, send your device for repair and wait for more 3 weeks to get it fixed".
2017-4-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Marcos Costa Posted at 2017-4-3 06:50
Very nice "fix". The only thing DJI did was to remove the option to downgrade LB2 to any firmware.

They should have corrected the firmware list and fixed my issue!!!

Sorry for the trouble you've been caused, and nice to know it performs fine now, enjoy it and feel free to contact us for any further questions.
2017-4-5
Use props
Marcos Costa
lvl.1

Brazil

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-5 00:20
Sorry for the trouble you've been caused, and nice to know it performs fine now, enjoy it and feel free to contact us for any further questions.

Sorry Natalia, I don't think you understood what I was saying.

I was being ironic when I said that DJI had "fixed" the problem. That is why I used the quotation marks.

NO, my problem WAS NOT RESOLVED! I still have the Controller Encryption Error! And, as a user of your products (I own 2 phantoms), I'm VERY disappointed with DJI.

First, I bought a $1000.00 product that NEVER worked properly. Then I spent TWO weeks trying to find the reason/solution to the problem with almost NO help from DJI techs. Then, I found out that DJI's software had an error that originated my problem. Then I kindly reported the error to you guys and, in less than 2 days, DJI's engineers changed the software to avoid more problems.

My conclusion is: DJI acted really fast to solve a problem that could affect thousands of users, but made no effort to help the one user that found the problem. Probably because is just one user and is not worth the trouble. That is not the acknowledgment that anyone would expect!

To make things worse, the "solution" that DJI engineers applied was really poor. They removed the option to downgrade LB2 controller firmware rather than correcting the database with the correct firmwares. If they had done that, I could still try to fix my problem by trying a downgrade with the proper firmware.

I guess that is how DJI deals with their costumers.

Thank you for trying to help me, Natalia.

Best regards.
2017-4-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Marcos Costa Posted at 2017-4-5 07:04
Sorry Natalia, I don't think you understood what I was saying.

I was being ironic when I said that DJI had "fixed" the problem. That is why I used the quotation marks.

Marcos, we sincerely sorry for the pain you've been caused, and know how you feel.
I double checked this case with engineers, we do recommend you to send it in for a replacement. You can contact the dealer for a replacement firstly then they will send it to DJI.
We care much about your experience on our product and service, and work hard to improve thus making your experience with us better. Truly appreciate your feedback and support.
2017-4-5
Use props
Marcos Costa
lvl.1

Brazil

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-5 22:36
Marcos, we sincerely sorry for the pain you've been caused, and know how you feel.
I double checked this case with engineers, we do recommend you to send it in for a replacement. You can contact the dealer for a replacement firstly then they will send it to DJI.
We care much about your experience on our product and service, and work hard to improve thus making your experience with us better. Truly appreciate your feedback and support.

I'm currently in Brazil and here we don't have local stores selling or doing maintenance on LB2.

It will be a nightmare sending it back to US and another nightmare to get it back here. I'll probably loose many jobs bacause of that.

Today I saw that DJI released a new update to the controller (1.2.10). Tried with no luck.... Problem persists.
2017-4-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

If I were in your position, I would feel just as you do, Marcos.
Since the issue cannot be fixed remotely, it must be sent it, our engineers will evaluate it.
Appreciate your understanding.
2017-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules