DJI GS PRO APP Questions
3118 9 2017-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
timnwcove
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87428 ft
Canada

Just downloaded the newly updated GS Pro app, and have a couple of questions for the more experienced flyers.   It seems that the app will let me fly a mission even if i lose rc connection, and the phantom will still rth if its set properly ?  also read that bluetooth 4 is required ?  if so, what is the reason behind needing any sort of bluetooth version ?

2017-3-24
Use props
pharos
New
Turkey

Hello all I have been using Inspire1 pro with zenmuse X5R camera for 3D mapping geomorphological structures. I am using pix4D for processing the imagery and was using pix4d capture for flight plans.   Unfortunately the most recent android pix4d capture app has some unresolved issues with INSPIRE 1 which cuts down flight speed during mission (the developer claim that it is the triggering mechanism for zenmuse x5r)  To cut it short I bought an ipad pro to benefit from GSpro and I tested a few minutes ago.   bummer! restricted number of waypoints for flight plan (99?? )and the drone basicly stops to take a picture, which limits the mission a lot more than pix4d capture.  Am I cursed? should I buy a P4Pro?   thanks for any help
2017-6-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

pharos Posted at 2017-6-20 06:01
Hello all I have been using Inspire1 pro with zenmuse X5R camera for 3D mapping geomorphological structures. I am using pix4D for processing the imagery and was using pix4d capture for flight plans.   Unfortunately the most recent android pix4d capture app has some unresolved issues with INSPIRE 1 which cuts down flight speed during mission (the developer claim that it is the triggering mechanism for zenmuse x5r)  To cut it short I bought an ipad pro to benefit from GSpro and I tested a few minutes ago.   bummer! restricted number of waypoints for flight plan (99?? )and the drone basicly stops to take a picture, which limits the mission a lot more than pix4d capture.  Am I cursed? should I buy a P4Pro?   thanks for any help

Yes, the GS Pro app is restricted to 99 Waypoints. Depending on your settings, you are able to take pictures on a timer while moving as opposed to taking them while stationary. Do you recall what your settings were?
2017-6-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I'm sorry that this was missed. Once the mission has been uploaded to the aircraft, it will complete the mission even when the signal is lost. If it does not reconnect once the mission is complete and it's set to a command like "hover", it will RTH then. Bluetooth is not needed for the latest GS Pro app since it connects to the flight controller directly, that was for the original iPad GS that used a 2.4 GHz Datalink with a BTU (Bluetooth Unit) to communicate between the drone and the app.
2017-6-20
Use props
jmos
lvl.1

Australia

Great to see the improvements with GS PRO v1.6.
Would be great to see flight data made available to Airdata/Healthy drones.
Support for kml/shp now is great what would be really useful is single run/flight line function able to set forward overlap/camera etc
2017-8-16
Use props
Porktree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried Altizure?  It's been a few months since I used it - but it has the same functionality as Pix4D.  
2017-8-16
Use props
Daniel705
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi there,
I have a question about the point of interest mode in GS pro, I  would like to set 1 point of interest, so the drone only flies one circle around the object instead of 3?

Is this possible?

Any info on this matter would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Daniel du Pre
2017-12-10
Use props
WD9EON
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

This app works with the Phantom 3S?
2017-12-10
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

WD9EON Posted at 2017-12-10 08:59
This app works with the Phantom 3S?

My question as well.
2017-12-10
Use props
COA_M600_PIC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237162 ft
United States

I have a similar question I think.. So I’m flying a M600 pro using go app and gs pro. I did a flight on my local airport runway using waypoints. Home position logged the drone at 100 feet altitude. The runway gains 40 feet in elevation over 6000ft I have 6 waypoints one at each 1000ft. The drone stayed at 100ft while the runway got closer to the drone. My question is this. If I add altitude to my different waypoints will the drone gain altitude during the 1000 feet between each waypoint, or will it be a stair step. Fly at 100ft hit way point and gain altitude and continue to the next? Thanks for your help in advance!
2019-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules