Phantom 4 Pro+ DJI GO app crashes during a flight
1733 7 2017-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa2e387b9
lvl.1
Canada

Hi, the search function of this forum is terrible. Is it me?

I'm sure it's a known issue. This is a major problem and DJI doesn't talk about it.

During a flight, using the Phantom 4 Pro+ and the remote controller built-in screen, the DJI GO app will crash from time to time. During a flight.

When it happens, you need to restart your remote, while the unit is in the air. Very dangerous and if you can't do it fast enough, the Return to Home feature will happen, even if you were flying safely between trees or any other obstacle. So obviously, the phantom 4 pro+ will go up in the air (because the RTH activated itself), you panic because the DJI GO app has crashed at the worst moment and you have no video signal (black screen, app crashed).

I read the firmware update notes, and it's still not fixed, no one talk about it. Are you dealing with the same issue?
2017-3-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

No DJI do not talk about it, but they don't talk about problems anyway. Yes, it happens, but you still have full control over the aircraft, so if it happens, forget about restarting the app, just concentrate on bringing the aircraft home using the sticks. Too many people concentrate on getting the app to start again and lose control of the aircraft.
2017-3-24
Use props
fansa2e387b9
lvl.1
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-24 14:50
No DJI do not talk about it, but they don't talk about problems anyway. Yes, it happens, but you still have full control over the aircraft, so if it happens, forget about restarting the app, just concentrate on bringing the aircraft home using the sticks. Too many people concentrate on getting the app to start again and lose control of the aircraft.

Thank you friend, appreciate that.
2017-3-24
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1372369 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

This P4P+ reminds me of the Phantom Vision + ... what a pain it was with problems and all the fly away ha ha ha.
PS: Not being sarcastic to P4P+ owners, so please dont get me wrong.

2017-3-24
Use props
fans0f54eaf6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5440 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

i had this problem,the app keep crashing ,i now avoid touching screen when flying , to use camera etc  ,i use the buttons on the side of the controller change from video  photo etc ,and  the on off switch on top of the screen is  easy pressed when adjusting the screen, so far a have no problem since do this,
2017-3-26
Use props
SM-17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 179288 ft
Malta

DJI software developers, please note (and find a solution)
2017-3-26
Use props
Tiffholmes3
New

United States

Has this issue been resolved yet? It happened to me twice while flying over atlanta on a commercial job...a little scary.
2021-2-2
Use props
Maxdji83
lvl.1
Canada

Tiffholmes3 Posted at 2-2 10:08
Has this issue been resolved yet? It happened to me twice while flying over atlanta on a commercial job...a little scary.

No it's not resolved and the P4P+ is an old product for DJI now.

Also, my controller won't charge anymore, due to some known electronic issue, but it would cost me around $400 or more to repair it so... it's over for me.

Great ideas, great technologies, but cheap products.

I will wait for a new drone to come out and think about it.
2021-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules