Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No flight records since 6 days!
1456 12 2017-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eric13
Captain
Flight distance : 13430925 ft
  • >>>
Germany

After having flown a few times in the past days I accessed the FlightRecord folder on my K1 tablet today:
There are no records after March 18. The .txt files are missing. Files from earlier dates are available.
MP4 recordings for each flight are available in DJI_Record...

Any idea what has happened?

Also:
I synced my flight data with the cloud.
Can I access the cloud? Can I retrieve flight records from there?

I understand that the cloud will share flight records among connected devices.
Is that all?

I've also read that deleting a record on a device wouldn't delete the record in the cloud. Means they are there forever.
I don't like that.

2017-3-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Not sure, but I believe syncing to the cloud just makes the data available to DJI. You might check if you have enough storage space on your tablet, that might be stopping it from writing flight records.
2017-3-24
Use props
Eric13
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

I want to bring this up again - it is a real bummer:
In the past three days I did numerous flights and still flight recordings (DJI txt files) are not showing up on my tablet.
The DJI Recordings (mp4 files) are all there. All flights show up in the app under "Flight Data".

Deleting the Go 4 app and reinstalling it didn't solve it. I can't be a caching/storage issue.
I can download the DAT files from the AC and convert them into csv but those are too big (20-25MB) for upload at AirData (former Healthy Drones, limit = 15MB)

DOES ANYONE HERE ALSO HAVE THE PROBLEM OF MISSING FLIGHT RECORDS IN RECENT DAYS??

I would VERY much appreciate any help. Thank you.
2017-3-26
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124672 ft
United States

Yes!  My Phantom 4 stopped saving flight records on November 28 and restarted on January 22.  I had a crazy upside down crash on January 21.  No record exists of it because of the units not recording the flight data.  DJI still has not replied to my repeated questions about this!
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF
2017-3-26
Use props
Palomino
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47346 ft
United States

Jumping in here for anyone else looking at the thread recently: I have a Spark which went rogue yesterday, and I have the cached footage, but there are no flight records for the past several days. Quad was lost 7/23, the last flight records were recorded on 7/18, but I flew it 7/22 and 7/23 with lots of cached footage from both.

WTF, DJI?
2017-7-24
Use props
Palomino
lvl.1
United States

Palomino Posted at 2017-7-24 08:28
Jumping in here for anyone else looking at the thread recently: I have a Spark which went rogue yesterday, and I have the cached footage, but there are no flight records for the past several days. Quad was lost 7/23, the last flight records were recorded on 7/18, but I flew it 7/22 and 7/23 with lots of cached footage from both.

WTF, DJI?

Edit: so, I don't see any text logs for the past 5-6 days in the app when connecting my phone to the computer, but thankfully I DO have the flight logs within the app. Interestingly, the last few moments show my drone going from 0MPH to suddenly zooming towards the building at 19.2MPH, and it shows that even though there is a lot of input on the sticks in all directions (when I was trying to stop the suicide run and regain input), the drone continued to fly straight ahead with no change in heading.
2017-7-24
Use props
Eric13
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

Palomino Posted at 2017-7-24 08:28

WTF, DJI?

Do you use an Android device or Apple?

For Android I found a solution back then:
The flight records didn't show in the folder when I plugged the Android device (K1) into my PC.
Using a file explorer app (like Astro) I found out the records where there!
From within that app I uploaded them into my cloud. That's how I retrieved them...
2017-7-24
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Palomino Posted at 2017-7-24 09:53
Edit: so, I don't see any text logs for the past 5-6 days in the app when connecting my phone to the computer, but thankfully I DO have the flight logs within the app. Interestingly, the last few moments show my drone going from 0MPH to suddenly zooming towards the building at 19.2MPH, and it shows that even though there is a lot of input on the sticks in all directions (when I was trying to stop the suicide run and regain input), the drone continued to fly straight ahead with no change in heading.

Palomino, with all due respect, this is the P4P forum, not the Spark's...
2017-7-24
Use props
Palomino
lvl.1
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-24 10:11
Palomino, with all due respect, this is the P4P forum, not the Spark's...

Sure, but when you Google "DJI spark logs not recording" and other variations, this pops up as one of the first, and few, links. So with all due respect, a lot of users outside of the P4P will potentially see this, and the DJI Go 4 app is the same app on the Phantom 4, Spark, and Mavic, so the exact hardware is not really important as that would be a software issue. With all due respect.
2017-7-24
Use props
Palomino
lvl.1
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2017-7-24 10:01
Do you use an Android device or Apple?

For Android I found a solution back then:

Thanks for the info! I will try that then. I've got an LG G6, so new Android device with Nougat.
2017-7-24
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Denmark

Palomino Posted at 2017-7-24 10:22
Sure, but when you Google "DJI spark logs not recording" and other variations, this pops up as one of the first, and few, links. So with all due respect, a lot of users outside of the P4P will potentially see this, and the DJI Go 4 app is the same app on the Phantom 4, Spark, and Mavic, so the exact hardware is not really important as that would be a software issue. With all due respect.

Then the best option to voice your problem would have been Spark/DJI GO... with due respect... Anyway, I was just trying to steer you towards a place where you might have found more help, but I see you already know how the forum works...  Sorry, I won't make the same mistake again.
Screen shot 2017-07-24 at 9.23.11 PM.png
2017-7-24
Use props
Palomino
lvl.1
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-24 11:28
Then the best option to voice your problem would have been Spark/DJI GO... with due respect... Anyway, I was just trying to steer you towards a place where you might have found more help, but I see you already know how the forum works...  Sorry, I won't make the same mistake again.

> Then the best option to voice your problem would have been Spark/DJI GO

Based on what? I am not sure what the hardware has to do with the software issue, as the app is the same between the two models. Please, enlighten us why you believe the same app, which functions the same way, should require separate threads for two different, related devices.

With all due respect, of course.
2017-7-24
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Denmark

Palomino Posted at 2017-7-24 19:24
> Then the best option to voice your problem would have been Spark/DJI GO

Based on what? I am not sure what the hardware has to do with the software issue, as the app is the same between the two models. Please, enlighten us why you believe the same app, which functions the same way, should require separate threads for two different, related devices.

I could explain it to you in 5 different languages but I would end up just wasting my time -and my margaritas.
2017-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules