Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Satellite positioning off. Fly with caution. In-flight (Vision)error
11545 17 2017-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zenus
lvl.1
Romania

Satellite positioning off. Fly with caution. In-flight (Vision) problem while i was on P mode. On my DJI Phantom 3 pro or 4 i`ve never had this problem! On Dji Phantom  4 Pro + i receive all the time this error: Satellite positioning off. Fly with caution. In-flight (Vision). And the drone flies wherever it wants. It`s hard to control on normal weather and impossible in windy condition. I was connected at 16 satelites when it appeared. It Doesn`t stay still for a second! Can DJI please fix this sooner? I think there are a lot of people in the same situation!
Sequence 01.00_00_13_15.Still001.jpg
2017-3-24
Use props
m1shootr
First Officer
Flight distance : 118894 ft
United States

Russian interference?
2017-3-24
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

As you can see from the screen, you're in ATTI.  So the GPS. or rather. GPS/Glonass is not being utilized.  It should be there if you need it in an emergency, but at the present time, it is switched off, presumably per your command.  I suspect VISION means you better be flying by LOS or FPV because the maps are off.  

Did you switch to ATTI?  

Disclaimer:  I don't have a P4

2017-3-24
Use props
Zenus
lvl.1
Romania

I was in P mode, not ATTI!  it`s clearly a problem of software. This problem hasn`t happend on Phantom 2, 3 or 4! The problem is that if you don`t have satellite connection, the wind will take your drone away and crash. Look how it looses control in this video.
2017-3-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
United States

That "P mode" is a physical switch on the controller, isn't it?  Makes me wonder if the switch isn't going bad or something...
2017-3-25
Use props
Zenus
lvl.1
Romania

And i was connected to 16 satellites when it receive that Vision message. and it happens all the time. for Phantom 3 professional 8 satellites were enough to hold it perfectly still in the air! What is happening, DJI?
2017-3-25
Use props
Zenus
lvl.1
Romania

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-3-25 04:50
That "P mode" is a physical switch on the controller, isn't it?  Makes me wonder if the switch isn't going bad or something...

sometimes it recovers from this error, i`m sure it`s a software problem.
2017-3-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
United States

I have the opposite problem with my P2V and P2V+,  I will put it in ATTI and it will toggle between ATTI and GPS, back and forth.  Didn't used to do that but the controller is about 18 months old - I assume the switch is going bad or is dirty or something....
2017-3-25
Use props
adrian8891
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2643110 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Strange, You push stick all the way and get only max 5.0m/s speed that even cannot break trough wind?
2017-3-25
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Captain
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-3-25 04:50

Same thing would happen with one of my P3P quads and it and the controller were practically brand new. My other quads never did that though. Not sure if the issue was with the controller or the drone.
2017-3-25
Use props
Zenus
lvl.1
Romania

I bought it from DJI store just to be sure that is the best thing! If i had bought it from a dealer from my country i would have change it immediately! But to send it to USA to receive another one would cost me too much!
2017-3-25
Use props
Zenus
lvl.1
Romania

there are others here who encountered the same problem like me?
2017-3-27
Use props
fans5c3ae9aa
lvl.1
Barbados

Yes! I just suddenly had the same problem today. and yesterday all was ok.
I am a pro photographer using phantoms for several years and by know i think i am fairly advanced user.
I say it to confirm I know that switch is in right position, and everything else is set as it should.

Today I stumbled on an error or warning, which forced me to not do my job. I am on  location, photographing kite surfers in a high wind, using my new P4P.
This new drone performed well so far (if you don't count crashing DJI4 Go app which is annoying when you are in the air, working).
Yesterday I had all systems ok and able to fly in high winds. Today, not changing anything at all - i brought my drone to shore to work - and it told me it is ready to fly in VISION mode only. Satellite positioning off. it said. But I had a max in satellite count, 17 or 18 at times. the little logo showing no problem with satellites. Yet - it keep saying positioning is off. i waited for a long time, restarted everything, and the same problem. I had to abandon my flight as very high, gusty winds over ocean can be a tricky thing without GPS, when i need to concentrate on best shots, not on keeping drone in stable position.

couple of hours later, in a slightly different place I tried again - and immediately had green Ready to Go GPS mode message. I flu up, and all was well, but couple of times for a brief moment it changed to the same message "Satellite Positioning off, fly with caution". Any idea why would that be? i am in barbados - a super flat terrain with no interference, plenty of satellite signal.
It makes my new drone not reliable for work. any ideas/suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks and cheers to the group.
Derek
2017-4-8
Use props
Timothy Speaks
New
Dominica

fans5c3ae9aa Posted at 2017-4-8 13:01
Yes! I just suddenly had the same problem today. and yesterday all was ok.
I am a pro photographer using phantoms for several years and by know i think i am fairly advanced user.
I say it to confirm I know that switch is in right position, and everything else is set as it should.

Hi Derek I am having a similar problem.  The drone was working with no problems in Canada. I am now in Dominica and it has not yet connected to a satellite. I am not going to fly  over water or forest with no satellite. I first thought it was the region but you say you had good connection in Barbados and then it dropped off.  Now I am concerned.  This  is Tim, I think we may have met on Brian's beach once or twice kiting?
2017-8-18
Use props
RMJovo
First Officer
Flight distance : 1716240 ft
United States

If you look at the display, it is showing a very very weak signal strength from the 16 GPS sat's... what caused this problem is anyone's guess, I do not think atmospheric conditions, GPS spoofing or jamming were the problem. If this problem persists I would find a handheld GPS that gives the number of sat's and signal strength of each just to verify that it is the phantom that is acting up.  Or move to a wide open area and see if the problem persists. If it's the case it could be a bad GPS receiver in the phantom.
2017-8-18
Use props
djiuser_xHZ86QC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105 ft
India

I got my drone checked from the authorized
service center in india, they informed me problem
is in gps module which is 2 months old. They then
repaired the module as they informed me. The
problem vanished for few days but appeared
again. I keep facing this issue again and again but
no permanent solution. I went to a local repair
shop to discuss this issue, they informed me its
because of faulty gps module.
I have spent INR 5000 already and local one is
asking INR15000 more. The gps module is
available on ebay for INR4000 though.
The issue i believe is faulty lot of gps module
being supplied by DJI. This module is supplied to
dji by blox. I guess dji is hiding this defective lot
issue and we are suffering. Service center is
making money out of it.
Ppl who saying its indoor issue then its big no!
Even while its inside only weak gps signal
message will show up but drone will fly in vision
mode with weak gps signal. It wont show cannot
take off message. This message is shown
because gps module is malfunctioning and it
stops responding and the msg satellite positioning
off is displayed.
2017-11-25
Use props
djiuser_pceDsfwJUUXk
New

Lebanon

Zenus Posted at 2017-3-27 05:16
there are others here who encountered the same problem like me?

I suffer from the same problem and today my drone p4p fell for this reason and I still do not know what the solution is
2020-6-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

djiuser_pceDsfwJUUXk Posted at 6-3 18:28
I suffer from the same problem and today my drone p4p fell for this reason and I still do not know what the solution is

Post your flight record. The aircraft will not fall simply because it is not receiving GPS signals.
2020-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules