2855 15 2017-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6ae9a8a4
New
Flight distance : 511581 ft
  • >>>
Venezuela

I purchased Phantom 4 Pro and I installed the HDMI module.  HDMI, simultaneously output is not working.

I made all updates but the option  HD -> Simultaneaously output is missing, using App DJI GO 4.

I tried DJI GO 4 with the Phantom 4 and HDMI module and it is working.

We need simultaneously output to broadcast the video and have the flight on phone or tablet.

Is there an update coming for Phantom 4 PRO?
2017-3-24
Use props
fans6ae9a8a4
New
  • >>>
Venezuela

Screenshot_2017-03-22-12-25-04_1490199952340.png

DJI GO 4. Simultaneously output missing

DJI GO 4. Simultaneously output missing
2017-3-24
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1372369 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

Its a pain in the rear for me. Some people got it to work but i have not. Tried downgrade, then upgrade etc etc ... not working correctly.
Sorry i couldn't help.
2017-3-24
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha fans6,

You have to refresh the Remote Controller firmware in your P4 Pro Remote Controller.  Once it is refreshed, everything should work.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-24
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

CyFA Posted at 2017-3-24 22:32
Its a pain in the rear for me. Some people got it to work but i have not. Tried downgrade, then upgrade etc etc ... not working correctly.
Sorry i couldn't help.

Aloha CyFA,

In the post above, I mentioned to fans6 that you have to refresh the Remote Controller firmware in your P4 Pro Remote Controller.  Once it is refreshed, everything should work.  The remote has to bring the HDMI module into the remote controller system.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-24
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1372369 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

Cetacean Posted at 2017-3-24 23:14
Aloha CyFA,

In the post above, I mentioned to fans6 that you have to refresh the Remote Controller firmware in your P4 Pro Remote Controller.  Once it is refreshed, everything should work.  The remote has to bring the HDMI module into the remote controller system.

Thanks, i will give it a try soon.
2017-3-25
Use props
zidrones
New
  • >>>
Venezuela

Cetacean Posted at 2017-3-24 23:14
Aloha CyFA,

hello what are the steps to refresh the remote controller?
2017-4-2
Use props
zidrones
New
  • >>>
Venezuela

zidrones Posted at 2017-4-2 18:54

Do you mean refresh or update firmware?
2017-4-2
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

zidrones Posted at 2017-4-2 18:54

Aloha zidrones,

There are three approaches to firmware, update, downgrade and refresh.  Update means to load the next iteration of the designers firmware.  Downgrade means to change or return the firmware to an earlier version.  And refresh means to reinstall the same version of the firmware to make a repair or increase coverage to new entities introduced into the system.  All three approaches are basically the same, just the firmware applied is not the same as the other two.  In a refresh scenario, a repair or increased coverage occurs.  The method is usually the same for each of the approaches.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-4-3
Use props
zidrones
New
  • >>>
Venezuela

Cetacean Posted at 2017-4-3 02:40
Aloha zidrones,

There are three approaches to firmware, update, downgrade and refresh.  Update means to load the next iteration of the designers firmware.  Downgrade means to change or return the firmware to an earlier version.  And refresh means to reinstall the same version of the firmware to make a repair or increase coverage to new entities introduced into the system.  All three approaches are basically the same, just the firmware applied is not the same as the other two.  In a refresh scenario, a repair or increased coverage occurs.  The method is usually the same for each of the approaches.

Hi Cetacean,

thank´s for your explenation.

How do I refresh the firmware?

I already have the actual version installed and the App is not showing the option to re-install the software.

Would be great, if you could send a step by step.

2017-4-3
Use props
zidrones
New
  • >>>
Venezuela

Equipment: Phantom 4 PRO
Firmware Version: 01.04.00.00
Downgrade Firmware to:
"No available firmware for downgrade"

I thought after downgrade I can downgrade re-install the software.

Any other way to refresh the firmware?

Step by step... :-)

2017-4-3
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

zidrones Posted at 2017-4-3 12:20
Equipment: Phantom 4 PRO
Firmware Version: 01.04.00.00
Downgrade Firmware to:

Aloha zidrones,

This looks like you are using the white screen upper right corner technique.  It may not be using the refresh term, see if you can just install the current firmware again.  

Have you tried the DJI Assistant 2 method?  You can download the Assistant 2 from the downloads page and install it on a computer.  The DJI P4 Pro web page has videos on how to use Assistant 2 and do firmware updates, etc.

When using Assistant 2, sometimes a cable adapter is needed to connect parts of the system.  It comes with the P4 Pro.  At the end of one of the videos updating the firmware for the remote controller is explained at the end of the video.  There are a number of sources at DJI that explain how to do it including the downloads page.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-4-3
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1153681 ft
United States

I just installed my board into a P4Pro.  On first startup, my remote came up saying it needed to upgrade the firmware, which I did.  After restarting, the new options for simultaneous display and OSD became available.  Unfortunately, when I turn on the simultaneous output, I get DISCONNECTED on my IPad and black screen on Goggles.  Tried in 2.4 and 5.8, same results.  How do we fix this and actually get image displayed on the IPad and the Goggles as it should with this HDMI module?

Thanks.
2017-12-11
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4885 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

P4PCommander Posted at 2017-12-11 18:18
I just installed my board into a P4Pro.  On first startup, my remote came up saying it needed to upgrade the firmware, which I did.  After restarting, the new options for simultaneous display and OSD became available.  Unfortunately, when I turn on the simultaneous output, I get DISCONNECTED on my IPad and black screen on Goggles.  Tried in 2.4 and 5.8, same results.  How do we fix this and actually get image displayed on the IPad and the Goggles as it should with this HDMI module?

Thanks.

Hi There,
Connect only the RC to the iPad first without OTG cable, that then uses the WiFi connection.
Once that is done you can then connect the Goggles to the HDMI port on the RC and all should work fine.
If not then make sure about the HD option for output HDMI is on.
Worked great for me, Enjoy, bye
davawt
2017-12-13
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1153681 ft
United States

davawt Posted at 2017-12-13 07:25
Hi There,
Connect only the RC to the iPad first without OTG cable, that then uses the WiFi connection.
Once that is done you can then connect the Goggles to the HDMI port on the RC and all should work fine.

Thanks, but that didn't work either.

Any other ideas?
2017-12-13
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4885 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

P4PCommander Posted at 2017-12-13 20:01
Thanks, but that didn't work either.

Any other ideas?

Updated information

Goggles connection to P4Pro

Two ways to connect,

(1) Goggles Only for control and viewing, connect Goggles to USB on the RC ( Goggles Only outPut & control but with full control and RC control ) but no iPad view. You need a spotter for Safety.

(2) Goggles and iPad Viewing, connect RC via USB to iPad, iPad as normal view (RC control) connect Goggles via HDMI connector to HDMI socket on the HDMI Module you will need a adapter from DJI site £5.
That takes the supplied cable from Goggles down to the same size as the Module outPut connector, You then have Full view and control via the iPad and RC - But you also have HDMI view via Goggles, remember you still need to select dual view in the Go 4 app under HDMI output.
You can then Use the Goggles as a second view option for someone else to view what is on the camera - or the pilot can use the Goggles to view the flight via the camera view. But you really need a spotter looking at the iPad and Drone to make sure of where the Drone is for Safety. You can always flip the Goggles up to see the iPad if you want to try that.
I have bench tested all this and all works right.

bye,
davawt
2017-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules