2859 11 2017-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lincbmp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 252185 ft
United States

Hi everybody,

I am about to send my Mavic in due to a gimbal malfunction.  I am getting the error, "Gimbal vibration abnormal".  I have been reading a lot about folks going through the repair/replacement process with DJI.  I have been e-mailed the mailing label, but have a few questions before I actually ship it out:

* I do have DJI Care Refresh, but the issue I'm having is likely covered by the warranty.  DJI says they will look into using the warranty first, but what as been the user experience on this front?
* Inventory form - in a video here (), the guy mentions filling out a "packing slip" (or similar) that DJI provided to him stating everything he was sending in.  I never received such a form.  Is this available somewhere on the site that I'm just not seeing, or alternately, does somebody have a PDF of this I can use?
* Should I mail in the controller?  There seems to be some massively conflicting information here.  On DJI Care Refresh's info page, they do not list Controller as one of the items to send in, but on the repair request, they say to send it in.  On the support request I filled out, I did not select "Controller" as one of the items I'd be mailing back... there is no way to change this info.
* How can I ensure they either repair or send a brand new drone, rather than a refurbished one?  Should I indicate my preference for this on the packing slip?

Any insight is appreciated.  Thanks!

2017-3-24
Use props
lincbmp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 252185 ft
United States

Sorry about the massive embedded video -- not intended!
2017-3-24
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United Kingdom

Mine was sent back after a crash. The only damage was the Gimbal would no longer work even thou I still have feed from the Camera so I sent the Drone only and did not even send the Battery.
2017-3-25
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United Kingdom

Mine was sent back after a crash. The only damage was the Gimbal would no longer work even thou I still have feed from the Camera so I sent the Drone only and did not even send the Battery. I have had feedback that It has been recieved and the Damage is being assesed so thats all they must of needed.
2017-3-25
Use props
Mcdudeflut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

Lots of questions.
I can only inform you about the way it works in the EU.
Somehow i have a feeling in the US, DJI have other standards.
It all starts with an email from DJI.
I received this mail:

Your Case No. is : CAS-XXXXXX-XXXXXXX 

We will request the UPS label for you and you will receive it within 2 business days.

With the UPS Shipping Label:

1) After receiving an email from UPS with your shipping label, click on *retrieve label* and print the page.

2) You can bring it to a local post deposit.

3) You can call UPS to make an appointment for the pickup.

Note: Failure to complete any steps below may cause delays in your repair, and could require our logistics team to ship your product back without repair service provided.

1. Please fill in completely with your details with a proper description of the issue you have now.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/dji-www ... bEnd%252bUsers.docx

2.  Please attach a printed version to every item in the parcel, together with a proof of purchase as well as the email address you used to activate your product (if applicable). The exclusion of either may disqualify you from obtaining warranty service or delay service. Please send us a copy of your proof of purchase and keep the original proof of purchase for your records.

3.  Please ship the product with the completed DJI Global Technical Support Form linked above and mark with the words ‘RMA’ on the outside of the package.

4.  If you are a resident of a non-EU country like Switzerland or Norway please write the following text on the box “DEFECT UNIT - NO COMMERCIAL VALUE”.

5.  Please do not send any damaged, swollen or leaking batteries to DJI for repair/replacement. If such batteries are sent, the customer will be held directly responsible for any accident occurring during shipment. If DJI receives a damaged or swollen battery it will not be sent back to the customer for danger of an accident occurring during transport.

6.  Do not ship any Non-DJI equipment, such as aircraft third-party accessories, third-party cases, SD cards, or third-party transmitters. If you choose to send in any of these items, you acknowledge that DJI is not liable for any of these products and that we are unable to test your DJI products with any third-party equipment.

7.  If you request not to proceed with these repair services, you will be liable for payment of return delivery of your product(s), as well as possible the cost of diagnosis.

We will inform you of any repair costs after we complete a full diagnostics report for the unit. Please carefully read our Warranty Policy at: http://www.dji.com/service and you can keep track of your repair status by visiting the link below: http://www.dji.com/support/repair-trace

By sending in your product for repair, you agree that you have read and accepted the repair terms as stated above.

If you have any questions (DO NOT REPLY THIS EMAIL), please feel free to contact DJI Europe Support, Mon-Fri 8:30AM - 5:00PM (UTC+1) via the following three channels:

You can read more about what to expect here
Hope this gives you some information what to expect.
2017-3-25
Use props
Range30
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11281079 ft
United States

Wonderful subject
2017-3-25
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

If you didn't crash and get the gimbal issue, it should be warranty repair and free.

If it's the gimbal issue, don't include the RC and battery.
2017-3-26
Use props
fans0e0c027a
New
Flight distance : 163422 ft

United States

Hello
I am a newbie in the drones. I have the Mavic pro and after taking off last nite I got a warning about my ambiant colors ? I tryed to adjust but no luck can someone help me out? Thank you so much
Bill
2017-3-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Take note of your serial number.
2017-3-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fans0e0c027a Posted at 2017-3-26 06:32
Hello
I am a newbie in the drones. I have the Mavic pro and after taking off last nite I got a warning about my ambiant colors ? I tryed to adjust but no luck can someone help me out? Thank you so much
Bill

You really should start up another thread for this, but as your new,

Warning most likely said obstacle avoidance may not work because of ambient light, and that's what it means, you can check your warnings in your app..
2017-3-26
Use props
djiuser_XucdWIieppC6
New

Slovenia

The Rev Posted at 2017-3-25 00:01
Mine was sent back after a crash. The only damage was the Gimbal would no longer work even thou I still have feed from the Camera so I sent the Drone only and did not even send the Battery. I have had feedback that It has been recieved and the Damage is being assesed so thats all they must of needed.

Hey... so what was the cost of sending the drone and diagnostics? And how much for gimbal repair? Thx
2022-5-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_XucdWIieppC6 Posted at 5-16 03:29
Hey... so what was the cost of sending the drone and diagnostics? And how much for gimbal repair? Thx

Hi there, as for the repair cost, the local team would need to make a damage assessment when we receive your drone and send you the quotation. But you can refer to the accessories price inquiry chart at https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/PriceQuery
Regarding the shipment fee and diagnosis, it may depend on whether your product is under warranty period and where you are located. You can start a case from https://www.dji.com/us/service/repair and send the drone back. Please feel free to ask if there is anything we can help during the service.
2022-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules