Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI please read!! Update firmware notification issue
2121 8 2017-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mobilcams
First Officer
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

I have the Phantom 4 and the Phantom 4 Pro and I have found a potential serious error in DJI Go's firmware update notification procedure.  I have both Phantoms up to date with the most recent aircraft firmware. When I go to move a battery last used in the other Phantom and stay on the home screen (the one with the fly button in GO), it will scan your hardware and notify you on that screen there is a firmware update after you power on your Phantom. If you hit fly  or even stay in the camera view, you will never see these updates to the batteries but if you are on the homescreen it will notify you need the update (oversight from DJI?).. Hopefully it isn't critical and cause an accident. Batteries are a critical part of the system here and if there is an issue this needs to be resolved right away!!
2017-3-24
Use props
tofutim
New
United States

I just received my Phantom 4 Pro and we have issues. We did the firmware update to 01.03.0418. As far as the DJI Assistant 2 is reporting, the upgrade is complete. I cannot refresh the update as the Assistant says "Battery power level must be greater than 50%. Recharge battery and retry." The battery is fully charged and has 4 green bars. The DJI Go app reports the following issues:

Compass [Calibrate] Error
Aircrat Battery Invalid Battery
Aircraft Battery Temperature N/A
Gimbal Status Gimbal cannot receive Main Conroller data

We have yet to fly the drone.

2017-3-24
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

tofutim Posted at 2017-3-24 22:14
I just received my Phantom 4 Pro and we have issues. We did the firmware update to 01.03.0418. As far as the DJI Assistant 2 is reporting, the upgrade is complete. I cannot refresh the update as the Assistant says "Battery power level must be greater than 50%. Recharge battery and retry." The battery is fully charged and has 4 green bars. The DJI Go app reports the following issues:

Compass [Calibrate] Error

Aloha tim,

Can you swap out the battery for another one.  Sometimes the problem is between systems and swapping the battery system for another battery system allows the problem to be resolved.  Then when you put the original battery back in, there is no longer a problem.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-24
Use props
tofutim
New
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-3-24 23:04
Aloha tim,

Can you swap out the battery for another one.  Sometimes the problem is between systems and swapping the battery system for another battery system allows the problem to be resolved.  Then when you put the original battery back in, there is no longer a problem.

Sadly I do not have another battery right now.
2017-3-25
Use props
tofutim
New
United States

2017-03-25_2133.png IMG_0022.jpg IMG_0021.jpg IMG_0020.jpg IMG_0019.jpg IMG_0018.jpg IMG_0017.jpg IMG_0016.jpg IMG_0015.jpg
2017-3-25
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

tofutim Posted at 2017-3-25 21:02
Sadly I do not have another battery right now.

Aloha tim,

It looks like you are between a rock and a hard spot.  Without another battery, to see if your current battery is faulty, you may need to send your P4 Pro in for evaluation.  With all your excitement, I am sure that this is not a welcome suggestion.

Is there a store or repair location near you that has DJI products?  They may allow you to try to test your system to see if all you have to do is send in the battery alone because it is faulty.  

In lieu of that, did your P4 Pro have any need to be updated to 01.03.0418 other than the suggestion from the system?  Maybe you can downgrade the system to the earlier firmware and see how well it works.  This can be done in Assistant 2.  If it works, you would not want to fly your Phantom too long before you try to resolve your battery problem because it would be dangerous.

So many questions, so much need for answers.  That is the nature of cutting edge technology.  On the up side, many people want to help because it is cutting edge technology.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-25
Use props
JackA
First Officer
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

We need a Phantom 4 owner in the US to Private Message the poster; Tofutim, to arrange a testing of a known good battery.  
2017-3-26
Use props
tofutim
New
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-3-25 23:27
Aloha tim,

It looks like you are between a rock and a hard spot.  Without another battery, to see if your current battery is faulty, you may need to send your P4 Pro in for evaluation.  With all your excitement, I am sure that this is not a welcome suggestion.

Dear Cetacean,

I cannot downgrade the firmware from DJI Assistant 2 as it complains that the battery must be above 50%. Since it cannot detect the battery status (even though it has all 4 green solid bars, freshly charged), it is not letting me downgrade.

Help!

Thanks,
Tim
2017-3-27
Use props
Mobilcams
First Officer
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

tofutim Posted at 2017-3-27 06:25
Dear Cetacean,

I cannot downgrade the firmware from DJI Assistant 2 as it complains that the battery must be above 50%. Since it cannot detect the battery status (even though it has all 4 green solid bars, freshly charged), it is not letting me downgrade.

Do you possibly have a friend with a Phantom in the area? Maybe he could update the firmware on the battery to fix the issue?
2017-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules