2596 10 2017-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
R. Kapsalis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1340610 ft
  • >>>
United States

No image, but full gimbal control and movement. No other problems. Any ideas folks? Other than send it in to DJI? Thanks in advance.
2017-3-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to hear about your crash, R. Kapsalis.  
I think a repair service would be the best course of action.
You could fill in an online repair request form and apply for pickup here. You’ll get a case number automatically.
https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-3-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

You could fill in an online repair request form and apply for pickup here. You’ll get a case number automatically.
https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-3-24
Use props
Kiltic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1078497 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-24 23:56

I now have the same issue. I have created a case and sending the I2 out tomorrow morning. It seems as though this has happened to a few people. What are you guys finding to be the main issue causing this?
2017-4-5
Use props
Flytcam_Shaun
lvl.2
United States

It sounds you might have Jared one of the the cable inside the mount that gives the camera feed to the system.  Someone on another group I belong to had an issue with a very choppy image and the image went blank. They got it returned and the repair was a new cable.  
2017-4-5
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Flytcam_Shaun Posted at 2017-4-5 20:08
It sounds you might have Jared one of the the cable inside the mount that gives the camera feed to the system.  Someone on another group I belong to had an issue with a very choppy image and the image went blank. They got it returned and the repair was a new cable.

I agree: Check the cable seating before you send it in. If the gimbal alignment is fine then the crash wasn't hard enough to take out the sensor.
2017-4-5
Use props
Kiltic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1078497 ft
United States

Interesting. How much is the new cable, does anybody know? Also, the gimbal allignment is fine but there is a small twig from the tree sticking out from between the top of the mounting plate and the fan above it on the Chassis. I am pretty sure the little stick could have hit one or both of those cables.
2017-4-5
Use props
Viper Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 31644 ft
United States

There is no such thing as "a small crash'!!!
2017-4-6
Use props
Flytcam_Shaun
lvl.2
United States

Kiltic Posted at 2017-4-5 22:32
Interesting. How much is the new cable, does anybody know? Also, the gimbal allignment is fine but there is a small twig from the tree sticking out from between the top of the mounting plate and the fan above it on the Chassis. I am pretty sure the little stick could have hit one or both of those cables.

I cant seem to find replacement parts for them like you can the Predecessor.  Which is disconcerting because I have had to replace that cable on one of my first I1's before.  In addition I have had to replace the rubber dampers on the mounting plates as they get worn after while and the camera starts getting jello effect.  Maybe it because its still new. I wold hate to send it into DJI just to do what I would consider routine MX.

I suppose the part would be cheap 10 bucks or something if it were available.
2017-4-6
Use props
fansca0cd6a0
New
United States

Any new news on your camera sensor? Mine is going in tomorrow after a small crash. I know now there truelynis no small crash. This unit was just sitting on the table. Took a back flip off into soft tall grass. Camera sensor error now.
2017-6-26
Use props
fansca0cd6a0
New
United States

I also have full control of the camera. Just no video feed. U say check the wires. You'll need to take the whole vibration platform off and unscrew stuff for that. I'm not too much into that on A 4k bird.

Can anyone confirm that the camera sensor is in this gimbal mount/anticibration board? I hope my authorized dji repair knows what they're talking about. I've been grounded for 15 days now.
2017-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules