Considerations for selling a Mavic
2285 3 2017-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stewie Griffin
lvl.2
Canada

I haven't really been able to find any info on this.  I am considering selling my Mavic.  Here are my questions.

1.  Is there any way to delete the flight logs on the Mavic itself?  I see it stores quite a bit of data and I feel a little uneasy about someone else being able to go over my flight logs.

2.  Is there any way they can have access to my account or something because I registered it under my name?

3.  Will they have to reactive it themselves when they install the app on their phone and hence the connection to me is broken?

4.  Anything else I should be aware to protect me, the seller, or to make it easier for the buyer to activate it / use it?

Thanks.
2017-3-24
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Is there any way to delete the flight logs on the Mavic itself?  I see it stores quite a bit of data and I feel a little uneasy about someone else being able to go over my flight logs.

No, but only only the recent flights are recorded in the DAT files there and not your full flight history. The new owner won't be able to see your flight history unless you give him access to your DJI account.

Is there any way they can have access to my account or something because I registered it under my name?

No. The stored account information is on the mobile device you used with the controller, so unless you also sell your phone / tablet the buyer won't have access to your account.

Will they have to reactive it themselves when they install the app on their phone and hence the connection to me is broken?

They won't need to reactivate it. The new owner's flight records will be associated with his account (not yours) once he uses his own mobile device to run DJI Go 4; he won't see your flight history and you won't see his. In other words, the flight information in "the cloud" is associated with a single specific DJI account.

Anything else I should be aware to protect me, the seller, or to make it easier for the buyer to activate it / use it?

To protect yourself make sure that you have something (e.g., a record of a deposited cheque) to prove that you really did sell it to the new owner.
2017-3-25
Use props
Stewie Griffin
lvl.2
Canada

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-3-25 04:24
Is there any way to delete the flight logs on the Mavic itself?  I see it stores quite a bit of data and I feel a little uneasy about someone else being able to go over my flight logs.

No, but only DJI is able to access that information. The new owner won't be able to see your flight history unless you give him access to your DJI account.

Thanks for the reply.  When I hook up my drone to the computer though and use the DJI Assistant, I see that I can copy the DAT files to computer, and there is also something called Vision Module File.  People have been uploading these DAT files to various websites where it is able to decode the data and show the flight.  Perhaps its harmless, but it looks like its still possible.
2017-3-25
Use props
DocAraxá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Those informations are very important to all of us.
Thanks @DroneFlying.
2017-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules