Mavic camera sliding off of the Gimble shaft (Bad glue job?)
426 2 2017-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drew_hatlen
New
Thailand

Hey there,

I have a question for the repair team or the community at large... have you seen any Mavics coming in with a loose gimble? It seems that the glue has become unstuck and the camera is sliding off of the gimble shaft. I've attached some photos and a short video.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Has anyone had or seen this issue? I have not crashed the Mavic and it just started having this issue after a month of use.

Thank you!

Andrew
2017-3-25
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Holy Chit --- Good eye to catch that --- I would not fly it at all by just pushing it back on there's a good chance you will lose the CAM ---- You have 2 options here :
1 --- Request an RMA and send it back to DJI which may become more of a problem meaning Long Time   
       to Repair also a possibility your Mavic will be replaced with a refurbished or if your real lucky a
       New one.
2--- Make the repair yourself ( DO NOT USE CRAZY GLUE!!!! ) The part that the Camera came off of is
       one of the Gimbal Motors , I would use a Clear Silicone --- not too much and don't get any in the
       Space between the Gimbal Bracket the Motor is mounted to --- let it dry for 24hrs .
Once its full dry RECALIBRATE go and enjoy some flying with the confidence of knowing that you repaired it and its not going to come off again only if Force is used.
Its your decision .  Hope this helped --- Happy Flying.

2017-3-25
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

This is a duplicate post and the pictures can be found in your other thread. It certainly sounds like something that would be covered under a warranty repair, though.
2017-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules