Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What happened to the deep cycle alert?
1916 12 2017-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MrSilicon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6693586 ft
Australia

I honestly can't remember the last time I saw the alert come up in the GO App. I'm talking a good 6 months.
Has this been removed or is it just me?

2017-3-25
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

I have not seen it but I have only been over the 10 charges a couple times since it was first introduced.
2017-3-25
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Jersey

I have not seen it but I have only been over the 10 charges a couple times since it was first introduced.
2017-3-25
Use props
Commander4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 578094 ft

United States

Hey Guy,s
My guess is that it was removed. I always run the current updates on my Inspire.......And follow the instruction manual.....WoW what a piece of work, never fails to amaze me.
2017-3-25
Use props
MrSilicon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6693586 ft
Australia

Well I'm certain some of my batteries have had 10+ cycles through them, that's what got me thinking.

If it has been removed does that mean deep cycling isn't an issue anymore? Or should we still be doing it?
2017-3-25
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Jersey

MrSilicon Posted at 2017-3-25 21:24
Well I'm certain some of my batteries have had 10+ cycles through them, that's what got me thinking.

If it has been removed does that mean deep cycling isn't an issue anymore? Or should we still be doing it?

You still gotta do it if you value the integrity of your batteries.

Mark G.
2017-3-26
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-3-26 00:48
You still gotta do it if you value the integrity of your batteries.

Mark G.

I understand the need to periodically discharge down but I'm not sure one has to do it to 5% or something like that.

Like you, I'm really careful with equipment but I think I've damaged one TB48 by doing slow deep discharging to 3.4 V/ cell per recommendation. LiPo's don't really like their charge brought down too low and it takes one unsupervised deep discharge to kill a pack. Perhaps there is now a change in discharging practice.

I notice that the Inspire 2 doesn't even show residual capacity in MAh of TB 50's anymore. I wonder why.

Lets wait to hear from DJI.
2017-3-26
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Jersey

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-3-26 03:51
I understand the need to periodically discharge down but I'm not sure one has to do it to 5% or something like that.

Like you, I'm really careful with equipment but I think I've damaged one TB48 by doing slow deep discharging to 3.4 V/ cell per recommendation. LiPo's don't really like their charge brought down too low and it takes one unsupervised deep discharge to kill a pack. Perhaps there is now a change in discharging practice.

The TB47/TB48 are programmed to shut down before they drop to a voltage that would cause any damage Mike. As far as the MAh capacity on the I2 goes, I get the impression, DJI is no expert on Li-pos, I'm sure future F/W will see residual capacity appear and possibly disappear again, watch this space

Mark G. (Donkey)
2017-3-26
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
  • >>>
Singapore

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-3-26 04:06
The TB47/TB48 are programmed to shut down before they drop to a voltage that would cause any damage Mike. As far as the MAh capacity on the I2 goes, I get the impression, DJI is no expert on Li-pos, I'm sure future F/W will see residual capacity appear and possibly disappear again, watch this space

Mark G. (Donkey)

Hi Mark,

Can you teach me how to program the batts?
2017-3-26
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Jersey

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-3-26 04:21
Hi Mark,

Can you teach me how to program the batts?

I could but I would then have to kill you.
2017-3-26
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
  • >>>
Singapore

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-3-26 04:32
I could but I would then have to kill you.

Great response - Er - I also misread your post slightly. Yeah, nothing customizable here.

What's with the dig on DJI and batteries. I've found their algos pretty accurate with my conservative flying. I do quite a few long distance flights and so far so good.

The TB 48 that lost capacity still works well but its down to 4980 MAh which is only slightly better than a TB 47. I've retired it to short flights close to home and for Osmo work.
2017-3-26
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Jersey

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-3-26 04:44
Great response  - Er - I also misread your post slightly. Yeah, nothing customizable here.

What's with the dig on DJI and batteries. I've found their algos pretty accurate with my conservative flying. I do quite a few long distance flights and so far so good.

To be fair Mike, I was a bit quick to speak out there, the dig was more toward the literature regarding the batteries. Reading through different forums about batteries, everyone has widely different opinions on what one could assume would be clearly printed in the manual. May I retract my former statement?
Where they are lacking slightly is in the manuals. (Can I say that?) (Too late, I'm not taking it back)

And that's all I'm saying on the matter

Donkey Mark.
2017-3-26
Use props
Sheehank
lvl.1

Bringing this thread back after a long down period. So it seems that a deep cycle on the TB47's is not required nearly as often as they write about? The M600 guide stating every ten cycles seems like a bit much, and even now in 2019 if it doesn't give you an alert in the app is it safe to hold off on the deep cycle?
2019-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules