Strange lines on pictures
2352 13 2017-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pzoltan92
lvl.1
Hungary

Hello!
I am posting this thread because I did not found similar problems here (Or might searched wrong). My problem is that after the seoncd flight strange lines appeared on the pictures. Please see attached picture.
DJI_0069.jpg

These lines are appearing on almost every pictures imported from mavic. (From 60 photos only 3 of them does not have these strange of lines).
I also created a video, but there was no sign of these wrong pixels on the video.

Any idea what these are? And how can I get rid of them?
thanks!

Regards
Z
2017-3-25
Use props
Mcdudeflut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

I would say calibration of the imu reset camera and if the errror keeps appearing contact DJI.
a visual how to do this.
Hopes this fill fix it for you.
2017-3-25
Use props
way wrong
lvl.4
Flight distance : 351631 ft
Estonia

Mcdudeflut Posted at 2017-3-25 11:20
I would say calibration of the imu reset camera and if the errror keeps appearing contact DJI.
Here a visual how to do this.
Hopes this fill fix it for you.

Why are you thinkint that's IMU. Seems to me that it's camera software, sensor or cable problem. I would try to refresh Mavic's firmware and if it's still there then it's something wrong with the camera.
2017-3-25
Use props
Mcdudeflut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

way wrong Posted at 2017-3-25 15:48
Why are you thinkint that's IMU. Seems to me that it's camera software, sensor or cable problem. I would try to refresh Mavic's firmware and if it's still there then it's something wrong with the camera.

Cause that is the standard procedure before sending anything in to DJI.
More like calling a computer helpdeks. "Have you tried a shutdown and reboot?"
2017-3-26
Use props
Phantom_menace
lvl.2
Flight distance : 880285 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's interesting I have exactly that on my phantom 3. I'd say 70% of photos get ruined by that. Video is perfect. I only shoot RAW, and haven't had time to investigate if it also happens with TIFF or JPG. Maybe mine needs to visit DJI too then? Will try some resetting/validation first.
2017-3-26
Use props
way wrong
lvl.4
Flight distance : 351631 ft
Estonia

Mcdudeflut Posted at 2017-3-26 01:16
Cause that is the standard procedure before sending anything in to DJI.
More like calling a computer helpdeks. "Have you tried a shutdown and reboot?"

For sure, no harm in doing IMU calibration.

I'm no repair professional but I'm repairing electronics for fun. I have repaired couple of devices with similar problem. Including one crashed Phantom 3 Advanced camera where ribbon cable was Chinese copy and when taking video there was pink lines but many more swapped out the ribbon and problem was gone.
One time that was camera problem, one time firmware overwriting helped and all else were ribbon or ribbon connection problems.
2017-3-26
Use props
pzoltan92
lvl.1
Hungary

Well actually it seems, that the problem occurred only on those pictures, where I have used the Adobe Bridge software to import the pictures. I suspect this has something to do with the RAW conversion? I am not 100 % sure, but last week I have tried to use the import functionality of the Lightroom and the same problem has occurred. Only copying the pictures manually from the mavic without the use of a 3rd party softwares, there is no problem at all!
2017-5-4
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

pzoltan92 Posted at 2017-5-4 11:25
Well actually it seems, that the problem occurred only on those pictures, where I have used the Adobe Bridge software to import the pictures. I suspect this has something to do with the RAW conversion? I am not 100 % sure, but last week I have tried to use the import functionality of the Lightroom and the same problem has occurred. Only copying the pictures manually from the mavic without the use of a 3rd party softwares, there is no problem at all!

That's pretty weird, assuming you are importing from the Mavic as opposed to using a card reader --  implies a USB driver issue?

I don't like fiddling with cables all the time so I just put the MicroSD card into an SD card adaptor and plug it in to my iMac and boom.
2017-5-4
Use props
pzoltan92
lvl.1
Hungary

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-5-4 13:16
That's pretty weird, assuming you are importing from the Mavic as opposed to using a card reader --  implies a USB driver issue?

I don't like fiddling with cables all the time so I just put the MicroSD card into an SD card adaptor and plug it in to my iMac and boom.

Actually I am using a microSD card reader. Usually my workflow here is to inert the card, open the bridge software and that will automatically import the photos. After seeing those strange lines, I have dropped the bridge software and kept copying the photos manually. A week ago I have decided to give a try to the Lightroom's built in importing. Well the lines appeared again.... Importing without these softwares there are no lines.
2017-5-5
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

pzoltan92 Posted at 2017-5-5 05:51
Actually I am using a microSD card reader. Usually my workflow here is to inert the card, open the bridge software and that will automatically import the photos. After seeing those strange lines, I have dropped the bridge software and kept copying the photos manually. A week ago I have decided to give a try to the Lightroom's built in importing. Well the lines appeared again.... Importing without these softwares there are no lines.

Still connected via USB? Sorry, I meant an integrated card reader like the ones thast come with many Macs.
2017-5-5
Use props
pzoltan92
lvl.1
Hungary

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-5-5 05:56
Still connected via USB? Sorry, I meant an integrated card reader like the ones thast come with many Macs.

Yeah I am using one of those
2017-5-9
Use props
adrian8891
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2643110 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

I got THE SAME ISSUE.

I have resolved it by changing SD CARD READER to better one! Seems that my chineese (for $1) doesnt handle it well ;)

Solution : Buy better SD card reader
2017-5-9
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

adrian8891 Posted at 2017-5-9 12:13
I got THE SAME ISSUE.

I have resolved it by changing SD CARD READER to better one! Seems that my chineese (for $1) doesnt handle it well ;)

Possibly also a flaky cable, try another cable if you have one.
2017-5-10
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009D79VH4

Use that one myself. It works.
2017-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now