Go pro app black screen
1431 14 2017-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sandra
New

United States

So i updated firmware on my p4,using my Microsoft Windows laptop,and i am using a samsung tablet,and now after installing the firmware i no longer have video feed on my tablet screen. Please help any advice as to what I did  or need to do to fix this problem is greatly appreciated.
2017-3-25
Use props
RocMon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84357 ft
Canada

I'm having serious issues since upgrading software and firmware... and I don't want to use an ipad!!!
2017-3-25
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha sandra,

Sorry, but we will need a lot more information.  What Samsung tablet are you using?  What version of DJI GO 4 are you using?  What version of DJI Assistant 2 are you using?

Have you shut down everything for a minute and done a proper start-up?  Please keep us posted on the results when you get the information for us.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-25
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RocMon Posted at 2017-3-25 10:31
I'm having serious issues since upgrading software and firmware... and I don't want to use an ipad!!!

Aloha RocMon,

Please do the same as I suggested for Sandra above.  Keep us posted on how it is going.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-25
Use props
sandra
New

United States

Samsung tablet is a galaxy3 4.4.2,
Using dji go 4=4.0.2 android
Using dji assistant 2+1.0.9

Yes I have shut it down completely and done proper start up.
2017-3-25
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Samsung 3 doesn't appear on their approved list.  Likely too old to run GO 4 which needs a lot of umph.

DJI approved Androids:
Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD

Personally, I'd look at the new (and cheaper) Apple iPad they just came out with, or the reliable iPad Air 2 or iPad Pro 9.7" model if you want any degree of reliability and less screen breakups than Android.
2017-3-25
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

sandra Posted at 2017-3-25 19:46
Samsung tablet is a galaxy3 4.4.2,
Using dji go 4=4.0.2 android
Using dji assistant 2+1.0.9

Aloha Sandra,

The current DJI GO 4 app version is 4.0.5.  You should try to upgrade to the current version.  Have you updated the firmware on your Aircraft and Remote Controller using the DJI Assistant 2 v. 1.0.9?

Unfortunately, fansa84 may have a point.  The early Galaxy Tabs are really underpowered for the new DJI GO 4 app (I have one).  But, rather than wasting your money on an iOS device, you should probably look for the nVidia Shield K1.  At only $200, it is easily the most popular tablet on the Forum.  Yet, that 8" tablet is the most powerful gaming tablet made.  As such, it has mega-processors (164 I think) for the video card and a special multiprocessor for the CPU.  Intel comes to nVidia for special processors.

The reason the nVidia Shield K1 is low cost is due to its being a gaming computer / tablet.  Everybody wants one.  It has a HDMI port that allows you to use goggles directly from the tablet and that HDMI is 1080p, not 720p like the others.  That tablet is also set up for 4K video.

But, I am not here to try to sell you a tablet, just not to let you get led astray with overly expensive iOS devices.  I really think your problem is you need to update your DJI GO 4 app to 4.0.5.  It is designed to work with the new firmware.

On the outside chance that you live in a humid area, your problem could also be from micro-corrosion.  In that case, look for the connections between the gimbal and the body of your P4.  The only accessible one I can see is on the main motor.  If you look closely, you can see that it is a plug.  As much as I really think that your problem is an underpowered tablet, you could try to use a Q-Tip or equivalent (read gentle) tweezer type tool to pull it out and replace it.  This will remove the corrosion.  But, if you do it wrong it can mean a shop or DIY repair.

Welcome to the world of cutting edge technology!  Are we having fun yet?  Actually, when you solve this problem, you will have the right to be proud of yourself and you will want to do even more hands on work on your P4.  It really is a lot of fun.  And when you get it in the air, you will be able to say you got it there!

Aloha and Drone On!

2017-3-26
Use props
RocMon
lvl.1
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2017-3-25 16:03
Aloha RocMon,

Please do the same as I suggested for Sandra above.  Keep us posted on how it is going.

bloody software!

I crashed my drone due to video freeze on the app... why was this upgrade not tested properly, the previous version had no issues!

help
2017-4-5
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RocMon Posted at 2017-4-5 12:30
bloody software!

I crashed my drone due to video freeze on the app... why was this upgrade not tested properly, the previous version had no issues!

Aloha RocMon,

Ouch!  I hope the crash was not a bad one.  What device are you using for the app?  Any more information you can provide?

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-4-5
Use props
RocMon
lvl.1
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2017-4-5 16:51
Aloha RocMon,

Ouch!  I hope the crash was not a bad one.  What device are you using for the app?  Any more information you can provide?

I'm using the BlackBerry Priv, running Android 6.0.1

really, the drone functioned flawlessly... no complaints at all with hardware. When the screen display froze, I wasn't immediately aware that the app had crashed so in the slit seconds around that time I made incorrect lateral movement and clipped some tree branches which appears to have severed 2 of the props and my baby came crashing down on my driveway.

Update: I have made contact with DJI support and they advised me to get an RMA to send the drone in for full diagnostics and repair estimate. He told me there's a good chance the repairs would be covered due to the software malfunction... which made me feel better about the whole experience.

I hope we can get my baby back in the air soon!

thanks for your help and support!
Rocco
2017-4-6
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RocMon Posted at 2017-4-6 06:58
I'm using the BlackBerry Priv, running Android 6.0.1

really, the drone functioned flawlessly... no complaints at all with hardware. When the screen display froze, I wasn't immediately aware that the app had crashed so in the slit seconds around that time I made incorrect lateral movement and clipped some tree branches which appears to have severed 2 of the props and my baby came crashing down on my driveway.

Aloha Rocco,

Good to hear thing are improving!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-4-6
Use props
fans0a34e9b3
New

Nigeria

My phantom 4 can take off, but I can't get video feed, the camera settings won't adjust and I cannot record. Pls I really need help on how to fix it.
2017-4-8
Use props
Astra2000
New

Germany

i have the same issue after update to the latest firmware...

how can i go back?
2017-12-11
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Maybe reinstall the app solve the problm .. in some cases
2017-12-11
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-3-26 02:49
Aloha Sandra,

The current DJI GO 4 app version is 4.0.5.  You should try to upgrade to the current version.  Have you updated the firmware on your Aircraft and Remote Controller using the DJI Assistant 2 v. 1.0.9?

Hi Cetaman,

Interestingly, I think I now know the other difference from the Nvidia 8in tablet I have, which includes a stylus, and yours, which is apparently 1080p on the Hdmi port.  Mine is 720/.  So I have stylus, you have 1080p.  Mine is not billed as a K model just as an Nvidia Shield 8in.  Works fine in all respects and since my FatShark Dominators only accept 720p, that's ok too.  (But honestly, I prefer the google goggles for flying,  go figure.)..

Have a good one,

2017-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules