Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro & D-Cinelike
18395 15 2017-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9423a444
New
Australia

Hi Guys,

I have settled on using D-Cinelike instead or D-Log or ART. Is there any recommendations on a LUT that I can use?

Any help is greatly appriciated.

Thanks in Advance....
2017-3-25
Use props
fans731bf3e7
lvl.2
United States

I have done a bunch of testing with my Mavic since I got it and I finally settled on d-log (-1, -3, -3) with the free LUT by ground control for the Mavic.  Here's a sample of what it did to the footage.  Disclaimer:  I did make some other adjustments after adding the LUT to enhance the look of the sunset. Overall I was pretty happy with the result.

2017-3-25
Use props
Mcdudeflut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

From what i understood, the Ground Control LUT for D-cinelike/D-log worked properly with the .0400 version of the DJI Go app.
After the update to .0500 the LUT from Ground Control are not working properly.
2017-3-25
Use props
fans9423a444
New
Australia

Thanks Guys. I'm not a fan of D-Log so I settled on D-Cinelike.

Anyone else using D-Cinelike?
2017-3-25
Use props
michaeln416
lvl.2
Flight distance : 595157 ft
Canada

I'm also choosing to use D-Cinelike and to record at 2.7K.

Like you, I'm also shopping around for a LUT to purchase and their recommendations on Style settings.
2017-3-25
Use props
SrMi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3425 ft
  • >>>
Serbia

Mcdudeflut Posted at 2017-3-25 11:28
From what i understood, the Ground Control LUT for D-cinelike/D-log worked properly with the .0400 version of the DJI Go app.
After the update to .0500 the LUT from Ground Control are not working properly.

There is a Ground Control LUT for the latest firmware update (USE ON 2/14/17 FIRMWARE OR LATER): http://www.groundcontrolcolor.com/mavic.html
2017-3-26
Use props
Mcdudeflut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

SrMi Posted at 2017-3-26 14:00
There is a Ground Control LUT for the latest firmware update (USE ON 2/14/17 FIRMWARE OR LATER): http://www.groundcontrolcolor.com/mavic.html

Thanks for that info.
Downloading it right now
2017-3-27
Use props
pr0fess0r
New
France

Did you find a decent LUT for D-Cinelike? The Ground Control LUT seems too intense, I suspect it's only suited for D-Log?
2017-4-3
Use props
gnom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 716572 ft
Germany

Yes for D-log and Art only. You need a flat image to bring it to Rec709
2017-4-3
Use props
C_LUU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 481988 ft
Australia

Guys, LUTS are not "1 size fits all"

LUTS are used to get the same grading across different types of footage, you can actually creat your own LUTS straight out of Premiere Pro or Photoshop. I would not be using the same LUT for all of your footage, thats giving your movies all the same mood/feel. Mix it up a bit . Plenty of Youtube videos on how to create your own. Plenty of free ones out there to.

I actually tweak the pro-rec LUTS for DJI specifically for each movie project then apply that LUT across the project and adjust accordingly if specific shots are out of wack
2017-4-3
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

I also go with D-Cinelike. You can use some LUTs that work for the cine profile for the Sony cameras because the profile is very similar. I would suggest to watch some video about color grading too, it will teach you a lot and goes a long way.
2017-4-3
Use props
pr0fess0r
New
France

Thanks guys, I know LUTs arent a one-stop shop, but I was hoping there was a LUT people used as a starting point for D-Cinelike
2017-4-4
Use props
fans316395d0
New
Netherlands

to add to the discussion: i ran some files from the mavic through a program that reports the video quality, framerate color compression etc.

this reports the files to be of limited color range. meaning the video is compressed to only 16-236 colors so a limited range of the 0-255 colors. this would explain loss of resiolution in lower and higher exposures and the emphasis of the mid range exposure.

any ideas how to set for full range?
note: d log d cinema etc all report limited range, casting further doubt on the real d log exposire curve in use if low and high end exposures are cut off.
2017-4-29
Use props
Algan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116302 ft
Turkey

what do you think about d-cinelike +1,-1,-1 ?
2017-6-1
Use props
Time2Party
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169314 ft
Belgium

I use D-Cinelike -2,-1,-1
2017-6-1
Use props
paulbi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I found this website where you can generate your own LUT's - might be helpful to someone out there...

http://www.arri.com/camera/alexa/tools/lut_generator/lut_generator/

...I'll be trying it out later.

Cheers,
Paul
2017-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules