Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
programs
1077 14 2017-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
truck2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54114 ft
United States

What program is good for photos and video on computer?

2017-3-25
Use props
John Smith
lvl.1

United States

If you mean to view them, for pictures I use an ancient copy of ACDsee V3.0 because later versions are nothing but bloatware, and versions 3 and under always got the job done well.  :-)

For videos (and audio files), I use a freeware viewer called "media player classic", AKA "MPC".

MPC is included in another freeware package called "K-lite codec pack":
https://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

Even if you decide on a different viewer, you'll want to download a codec pack anyway, since it includes damned near every codec on the planet necessary for watching videos or listening to audio files.

I like MPC because it has a small footprint, loads quickly, plays anything and is insanely configurable if you need it to be.  :-)

2017-3-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

John Smith Posted at 2017-3-25 12:53
If you mean to view them, for pictures I use an ancient copy of ACDsee V3.0 because later versions are nothing but bloatware, and versions 3 and under always got the job done well.  :-)

For videos (and audio files), I use a freeware viewer called "media player classic", AKA "MPC".

Be aware that the K-Lite codec pack is notorious for containing malware. You should never need to download a codec pack anyway, as the player you use should contain the codecs for all files it can handle.

The VLC Player is generally regarded as one of the best free players out there.
2017-3-25
Use props
John Smith
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-25 13:17
Be aware that the K-Lite codec pack is notorious for containing malware. You should never need to download a codec pack anyway, as the player you use should contain the codecs for all files it can handle.

The VLC Player is generally regarded as one of the best free players out there.

@"Be aware that the K-Lite codec pack is notorious for containing malware"

Hogwash.

@"The VLC Player is generally regarded as one of the best free players out there"

So is MPC.

2017-3-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

John Smith Posted at 2017-3-25 14:51
@"Be aware that the K-Lite codec pack is notorious for containing malware"

Hogwash.

'Hogwash'

Whatever you say smartarse. And not only that, it is also known for overwriting other, better codecs during installation, but I suppose that's also hogwash. You of course know better, and no doubt you will tell us so, in your ever-so elequent way.
2017-3-25
Use props
John Smith
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-25 15:08
'Hogwash'

Whatever you say smartarse. And not only that, it is also known for overwriting other, better codecs during installation, but I suppose that's also hogwash. You of course know better, and no doubt you will tell us so, in your ever-so elequent way.

What are you, a 6 yr old?

If you like VLC better than MPC then suggest it to the OP.

But don't just pop up denigrating my suggestion with specious crap you picked up off the internet somewhere.

Unless, of course, you can provide evidence supporting your ridiculous claims - but I won't hold my breath waiting for it.

Grow the hell up.

2017-3-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

John Smith Posted at 2017-3-25 15:30
What are you, a 6 yr old?

If you like VLC better than MPC then suggest it to the OP.

No, 72 years old in fact, with a lifetime of experience in video. But hey, you are the one that needs to learn some manners, not me. I pointed out a warning that is actually factual, and your reply is a a rude one word 'hogwash'.

'If you like VLC better than MPC then suggest it to the OP.'

I believe I did that in my post.

'Unless, of course, you can provide evidence supporting your ridiculous claims - but I won't hold my breath waiting for it.'

OK, by way of explanation, if you Google 'K-Lire Codec', you will get dozens of hits from download sites, and a number of these were found to add malware to the download. Wiki evens mentions the adware additions here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-Lite_Codec_Pack Last line of the paragraph titled 'Editions'

And as I said before, quite often an editing package, during installation may install a codec that has improved qualities, then if you install the K-Lite pack, it overwrites the better codec. The forums dealing with editing software frequently advise against the K-Lite pack if you want to avoid having your preferred codec over-written.

2017-3-25
Use props
John Smith
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-25 15:57
No, 72 years old in fact, with a lifetime of experience in video. But hey, you are the one that needs to learn some manners, not me. I pointed out a warning that is actually factual, and your reply is a a rude one word 'hogwash'.

'If you like VLC better than MPC then suggest it to the OP.'

@"I pointed out a warning that is actually factual..."

I have yet to see any evidence for that rude claim of yours.

@"...and your reply is a a rude one word 'hogwash'"

Yeah well, I suppose if you're a poster of hogwash you would find it "rude" for someone to point it out.

@"you are the one that needs to learn some manners"

I'm sorry, which one of us just up and decided to trash the other's suggestion again? I think at 72 you may be starting to lose it, if you know what I mean...

@"OK, by way of explanation, if you Google 'K-Lire Codec', you will get dozens of hits from download sites, and a number of these were found to add malware to the download."

Oh for chr...FACEPALM!!!

That is TRUE FOR ANY SOFTWARE!!! Where the hell do you get off deciding it only applies to K-lite?

This is why I gave him the HOME PAGE for the software - or were you so busy whining about my suggestion that you didn't catch that part?

@"Wiki evens mentions the adware additions here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-Lite_Codec_Pack Last line of the paragraph titled 'Editions'"

You mean where it says "In the past some versions of K-Lite Codec Pack included BS.Player, until it was supplemented with an adware package"?

Another FACEPALM!!!

"BS.Player"? Heheh...how perfectly apropos for your entire list of assertions...

How in hell do you figure "wiki even mentions" that k-lite has malware when your own link clearly states that k-lite DROPPED bs.player when it became "supplemented with an adware package"?

Shoot yourself in the foot much?

2017-3-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

John Smith Posted at 2017-3-25 22:48
@"I pointed out a warning that is actually factual..."

I have yet to see any evidence for that rude claim of yours.

OK, I am going to quietly walk away from this, as I do not entertain idiots by conversing with them. Meanwhile, you have just amply demonstrated to everyone here that you are a fool, so I don't need to do anymore. Well done.
2017-3-25
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-25 23:55
OK, I am going to quietly walk away from this, as I do not entertain idiots by conversing with them. Meanwhile, you have just amply demonstrated to everyone here that you are a fool, so I don't need to do anymore. Well done.

I've pm'ed you on this. Suggest you file a report on the poster for abusive posts. He's doing it to others as well
2017-3-26
Use props
Brum Ken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 787877 ft
United Kingdom

I Thought the idea of this site was to help NOT slag each other off put your ideas forward to try help
let people make their own mind up but personal slating isn't the way to go if you want to rant at each other
maybe PM is the way to go !!!
2017-3-26
Use props
John Smith
lvl.1

United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-3-26 04:43
I've pm'ed you on this. Suggest you file a report on the poster for abusive posts. He's doing it to others as well

Heheh...now I see why you chose a little "cat" as your avatar... if you get my drift...  :-)

I like the way you guys abuse others, and then you get all butthurt and call it "abuse" if somebody demands you back up your hogwash with facts.

I'll bet neither of you can even spell the word "hypocrite".

But please be true to your word and just walk away.

I know I am.
2017-3-26
Use props
Kabeeo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261824 ft
United States

I'm an old Photoshop guy. Elements for Photos. Premiere Elements for video. I think it's easy because I've been using them for so long.
2017-3-26
Use props
JackA
First Officer
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

Not that the OP will wade this far down through the thread of "personality food fighting" provided by two of our forum members; but, I like ProShow Gold.  It is kept current, has excellent transitions and control of the actual video.  You can enhance video that is not its best and you can add a wide selection of copy right music.
2017-3-26
Use props
DronerX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 488192 ft
United States

Kabeeo Posted at 2017-3-26 11:59
I'm an old Photoshop guy. Elements for Photos. Premiere Elements for video. I think it's easy because I've been using them for so long.

I agree. That's what I use.
2017-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules