6136 5 2017-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans54f0f2c3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46788 ft
United Kingdom

hi,

im new to drone flying (one week) and absolutely loving it, totally amazed by the technology and the hardware.

i have one question though, i took out the DJI care as it seems to cover for stupidity which is very likely amonst new owners but cant understand why it cost more to cover the phanrom 3s than it does more expensive models even though the cover for the higher level drones covers more (water damage) for less money on the DJI care refresh policy.

am i missing something or is it just more expensive due to the entry level drone being used by less experience pilots?

thanks for any info, and kudos for an awesome forum.

here is a video of my first flight after removing the training wheels, hope you like it.

2017-3-25
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Because for DJI Phantom 3, and 4, the DJI Care has zero co-pay.  For Mavic and other models, the DJI Care Refresh has a 79$ co-pay for first time crash.
2017-3-26
Use props
fans54f0f2c3
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-3-26 00:52
Because for DJI Phantom 3, and 4, the DJI Care has zero co-pay.  For Mavic and other models, the DJI Care Refresh has a 79$ co-pay for first time crash.

thank you for the info, i was sure there was a reason
2017-3-26
Use props
fanse31a6774
New
Flight distance : 331841 ft
United States

Does DJI Care Refresh cover lost drones.   I was flying and it disconnected from the RC mid battery and plummeted into the ocean about 1000 meters out.
2017-4-1
Use props
fans54f0f2c3
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I'm not 100% certain but if you send dji the flight log which will show the battery level, height and distance it will look at a warranty issue because of a system failure.
As long as you didn't accidentally cut the engines mid flight.
Hopefully a more experienced dji representative could confirm this for you.
2017-4-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fanse31a6774 Posted at 2017-4-1 12:04
Does DJI Care Refresh cover lost drones.   I was flying and it disconnected from the RC mid battery and plummeted into the ocean about 1000 meters out.

It can be replaced with DJI Care Refresh if your aircraft is damaged by water during normal use, while it must be recovered and sent in to DJI.
Since your drone fell into the ocean and cannot be retrieved, it will not be covered by Care Refresh.
Have you contacted our tech support to report your case and help you analyze the flight records if you have it?
2017-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules