Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
defect lense on Osmo Plus?
1369 7 2017-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4fd82528
lvl.1
Germany

Hi there,I bought a new Osmo+ and I think the lense might be broken. The right part of the footage is always blurry, I do not think that it shoulf be like this. This Camera is already a replacement and I used it the first time today...whats your opinion?Sorry for the bad audio quality, forgot to adjust the sound...

2017-3-25
Use props
fans4fd82528
lvl.1
Germany

2017-3-25
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

I don't see a problem.  What your seeing is the footage getting washed out from over exposure.  You need to limit the light getting in to the lense, since the aperture is fixed on the Osmo, you will need an ND filter.  You can probably find some wherever you bought the Osmo, or online, DJI sells some too.  They just screw on to the lense.  You will have to experiment and see what works best for you, but generally the higher the number after "ND" the more light it will take out of the shot, but obviously you can take out to much as well, so you will have to find a balance.  You should I think at a minimum have a CP filter (used for filming reflective surfaces like water), an ND4, an ND8, and an ND16, of course the more you have the better.  You can also get variable ND filters, they are very convenient, but watch for Vignetteing around the edges, generally the higher the setting, the more vignette.

Whenever you are filming in bright light, against vey light or against bright backgrounds you will want to use an ND filter to avoid the washing out effect tou are seeing.  This is not an Osmo issue, the same would be true for any camera.
2017-3-25
Use props
fans4fd82528
lvl.1
Germany

9245 Posted at 2017-3-25 20:05
I don't see a problem.  What your seeing is the footage getting washed out from over exposure.  You need to limit the light getting in to the lense, since the aperture is fixed on the Osmo, you will need an ND filter.  You can probably find some wherever you bought the Osmo, or online, DJI sells some too.  They just screw on to the lense.  You will have to experiment and see what works best for you, but generally the higher the number after "ND" the more light it will take out of the shot, but obviously you can take out to much as well, so you will have to find a balance.  You should I think at a minimum have a CP filter (used for filming reflective surfaces like water), an ND4, an ND8, and an ND16, of course the more you have the better.  You can also get variable ND filters, they are very convenient, but watch for Vignetteing around the edges, generally the higher the setting, the more vignette.

Whenever you are filming in bright light, against vey light or against bright backgrounds you will want to use an ND filter to avoid the washing out effect tou are seeing.  This is not an Osmo issue, the same would be true for any camera.

Thanks for the answer,
I know that filming into bright areas without regulating the brightness causes blur. I think it Even Looks blurry in the right one-third when there are regulär light conditions. I will try to reproduce the problem and post a link...
2017-3-25
Use props
fans4fd82528
lvl.1
Germany

2017-3-26
Use props
dr.nick
lvl.3
United States

Your focus does look soft in a couple of the shots.  Particularly the second one you posted "blur osmo plus.  Osmo+ tap-to-focus function isn't great but it's much better than the 'autofocus when gimbal stops' IMO.  Try using the tap to focus and see if you get better results.

"Shot 24" You're sharp in the middle of the frame and slightly soft on the outside edges.  That's just a sign of a very poor quality lens.  I've seen similar with my Osmo+.  As you zoom in you will see it less.  Cheap glass is always more noticeable in wider angle.

ND filters bring down all light levels in your scene evenly.  They also lower your f-stop so reduce the depth of focus.  In short you'll get less of the scene in focus with ND (which can be a desirable effect). So while ND will help with the window blowout it'll also make the interior subjects darker (like near the tail end of your first shot where the Osmo exposes for the outside rather than inside and the subject becomes somewhat a silhouette).  No camera in the world has enough latitude to keep both full outdoor sun and interior shade exposed properly without supplemental lighting.  That said, outdoors in full sun the Osmo+ image looks much much better with some ND on it IMO.  
2017-3-26
Use props
fans4fd82528
lvl.1
Germany

I compared the image quality to the previous osmo+ which I had to send back because of a coating-problem. And there is a definitely noticable difference!
And there really seems to be a problem with the infinite focus which always produces blurry images. You can Even notice that on photos.
2017-3-27
Use props
fans4fd82528
lvl.1
Germany

I think thats exactly the problem of my Osmo+:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-75728-1-1.html
2017-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules