Problems with newest firmware on the P4P??
764 12 2017-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
InThisLifeOrThe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4856 ft
United States

I was told not to update because of possible bugs and battery problems. I was told to wait as to not mess up and temporarily not be able to use it till the next update. Any input on this?
2017-3-25
Use props
GreenHornet55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213222 ft
United States

I updated the first day and no problems at all.
2017-3-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I was told x y z.  
Who told you this?
Whas it someone that actually knows what they are talking about or just some wally who wouldn't have a clue?
Ask him for some deatils since he's the one that's talking about it.

btw ... there are always people claiming that there's something wrong with new firmware even though almost every one has no problems.
Their issue could be something simple and unrelated like using a tablet that doesn't run Go 4 properly.
2017-3-25
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-3-25 20:05
I was told x y z.  
Who told you this?
Whas it someone that actually knows what they are talking about or just some wally who wouldn't have a clue?

I agree, and looking in this forum can sometimes be like looking for problems that probably aren't there.. However there are times and issues that do seem to manifest and would otherwise never be noticed by anyone at all. I have learned a lot from these forums, and have found bugs myself. Right now the only one that concerns me IS one with batteries. IF a battery firmware update is needed, and one of your batteries did not get the update - you will never know if you do not go to the "Fly" screen after every flight and wait for the Phantom to power up and GO to do its version check/verification. I have both a P4 and P4P and while both have the most current firmware - if I put a battery in from the P4 to the P4P or vice versa, the battery indicates it needs a firmware update. Not in the flight screen (which if we are just changing batteries to go right back up we are most likely to be in) but in the main screen that has the fly button. (Yes I am trying to steer this topic into this area on purpose lol).. I accidentally flew two batteries that I had previously used on my P4P on my P4 without incident thank goodness - but what if?? Why aren't we notified of this in the status screen that pops up after everything is initialized? Is it because it isn't that big of a deal? What do you think?
2017-3-25
Use props
GreenHornet55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213222 ft
United States

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-3-25 20:46
I agree, and looking in this forum can sometimes be like looking for problems that probably aren't there.. However there are times and issues that do seem to manifest and would otherwise never be noticed by anyone at all. I have learned a lot from these forums, and have found bugs myself. Right now the only one that concerns me IS one with batteries. IF a battery firmware update is needed, and one of your batteries did not get the update - you will never know if you do not go to the "Fly" screen after every flight and wait for the Phantom to power up and GO to do its version check/verification. I have both a P4 and P4P and while both have the most current firmware - if I put a battery in from the P4 to the P4P or vice versa, the battery indicates it needs a firmware update. Not in the flight screen (which if we are just changing batteries to go right back up we are most likely to be in) but in the main screen that has the fly button. (Yes I am trying to steer this topic into this area on purpose lol).. I accidentally flew two batteries that I had previously used on my P4P on my P4 without incident thank goodness - but what if?? Why aren't we notified of this in the status screen that pops up after everything is initialized? Is it because it isn't that big of a deal? What do you think?

I agree with the first part, some people only post the worst.  I love my P4P, and have not had any problems, I'm new but....
2017-3-25
Use props
tofutim
lvl.1
United States

I just want to say that I just purchased my P4P and upon receipt upgraded to the March update and wow, what a disaster. We haven't even flown the plane and I am running into battery/compass/gimal issues. Fortunately the boys did not take it as hard as I did. I'm not sure if it was the update, but I suspect it was. The most frustrating is the inability to downgrade. Since the battery status is no longer working, DJI Assistant 2 claims the battery level is lower than 0% and refuses to upgrade. I'm totally stuck and thinking about returning since I just got it last week. Battery charges to full and the aircraft makes whirring sounds, but that is about it.
2017-03-25_2133.png IMG_0015.jpg IMG_0016.jpg IMG_0017.jpg IMG_0018.jpg IMG_0019.jpg IMG_0020.jpg IMG_0021.jpg IMG_0022.jpg

2017-3-25
Use props
tofutim
lvl.1
United States

Anyone have any idea on how to force the Refresh or Downgrade even if the battery indicates 0%? The battery is full.
2017-3-25
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

tofutim Posted at 2017-3-25 21:17
Anyone have any idea on how to force the Refresh or Downgrade even if the battery indicates 0%? The battery is full.

Have you tried a different battery? If you have, stay in the main screen with the "Fly" button and see if it offers an update there (will have a slide to continue prompt).. I am just reaching here.. If you have already or if it doesn't work I'm sorry..
2017-3-25
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mobilcams, starting up the app to see if the battery is compatible is Not the only way - albeit it might be in the field. Assistant 2 when connected will advise if the battery is 'incompatible' and suggest to refresh the firmware (which you'd do if you want to use that battery). I NEVER upgrade my P4 or P4P via the app/RC, as that incorporates another link in the upgrade process. I also perform updates as soon as Assistant 2 recognises the craft once the craft has finished powering up. This ensures the craft is as cool as it can be, and I've never had an issue after upgrade, as I've read on this forum.

Otherwise, Tofutim, your app shows 'invalid battery'. Was this the original battery received with the P4P, or another? Have you tried to refresh the P4P firmware (with that battery installed) via Assistant 2 and directly-connected PC? That way you may avoid the GO app trying to add a layer of interpretation to what it thinks it's seeing (or not, as the case).
2017-3-26
Use props
tofutim
lvl.1
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-3-26 16:45
Mobilcams, starting up the app to see if the battery is compatible is Not the only way - albeit it might be in the field. Assistant 2 when connected will advise if the battery is 'incompatible' and suggest to refresh the firmware (which you'd do if you want to use that battery). I NEVER upgrade my P4 or P4P via the app/RC, as that incorporates another link in the upgrade process. I also perform updates as soon as Assistant 2 recognises the craft once the craft has finished powering up. This ensures the craft is as cool as it can be, and I've never had an issue after upgrade, as I've read on this forum.

Otherwise, Tofutim, your app shows 'invalid battery'. Was this the original battery received with the P4P, or another? Have you tried to refresh the P4P firmware (with that battery installed) via Assistant 2 and directly-connected PC? That way you may avoid the GO app trying to add a layer of interpretation to what it thinks it's seeing (or not, as the case).

I cannot refresh or downgrade in Assistant because it says the battery is lower than 50% (it detects nothing, but the battery is fully charged). I believe that the problem was that I originally tried updating through the DJI Go app as it prompted me on first flight.

Sadly we have yet to fly.
2017-3-27
Use props
tofutim
lvl.1
United States

tofutim Posted at 2017-3-27 06:28
I cannot refresh or downgrade in Assistant because it says the battery is lower than 50% (it detects nothing, but the battery is fully charged). I believe that the problem was that I originally tried updating through the DJI Go app as it prompted me on first flight.

What I need is a way to override Assistant to say go ahead and refresh.
2017-3-27
Use props
Aussie4220
Second Officer
Flight distance : 311732 ft
United States

i updated both the firmware and the RC, no problems.  I agree, sometimes (eg with computers) you want to wait before you upgrade to the new operating system as there may be bugs etc so that is a prudent call.  I would wait maybe a couple of weeks and in that time you would have had enough feedback as to whether the upgrade was beneficial, necessary or needs improvement.
2017-3-27
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

tofutim Posted at 2017-3-27 06:28

Have you raised a ticket with DJI Support? Regardless, it sounds like a failed battery and if it's been like that from the start, you could potentially return it as a DOA if within 15 days.
2017-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules