Some questions - RC, WLAN, APP, range
1420 14 2017-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pille
lvl.1
Switzerland

hello guys
first at all - i love the mavic. i bough it yesterday and was overwelmed from the quality of the cam. the pictures are just brilliant.
but i have some hussle to understand some questions and i could not find the information in the videos or tuts.
here are a list of questions

1. WLAN - if i activate wlan and connect per app to the mavic, i just have a radius of round about 50 meter
2. RC - if i switch to RC no app is available - so no view

here is my understanding - i can use wlan or RC but i  cant use both. i can use app (cam view) but i cant use RC with cam use. before i bought it i understand the live view will be transmitted thru the RC to the mobile and therefore i can fly out_of_view, have a maps point and so on - use the advantage of both - RC and APP. but i cant connect the RC with the mobile (not over the wlan - just restricted to a couple of meters)

3. in europa is the range liimited to 20-40% of the original values (i read it). the limit is set per gps. how to remove it. i am often in turkey and i want to fly as far as possible

thank you guys

2017-3-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

WLAN you use only with your phone there is a wifi switch on your Mavic you must switch to to use wifi through your app.

RC to use switch wifi switch off and connect your remote to phone open up your app and start your aircraft you will then be connected to RC you will see view from the camera and you will also have maps on your screen to switch to.

I would advise you to read the Manual have a look at tutorials videos and learn as much about the Mavic as possible before you fly. Learn how to fly in beginner mode and make sure you only start flying in wide open spaces.

Good luck..
2017-3-26
Use props
Nutone
New
United Arab Emirates

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-26 01:58
WLAN you use only with your phone there is a wifi switch on your Mavic you must switch to to use wifi through your app.

RC to use switch wifi switch off and connect your remote to phone open up your app and start your aircraft you will then be connected to RC you will see view from the camera and you will also have maps on your screen to switch to.

im having the same issue. when i plug the phone on the rc (rc mode on) i dont get any feed on the app. it keeps saying disconnected and i cant find a way to connect it.
ive done everything as per the manual. any suggestion???
2017-3-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Nutone Posted at 2017-3-26 05:44
im having the same issue. when i plug the phone on the rc (rc mode on) i dont get any feed on the app. it keeps saying disconnected and i cant find a way to connect it.
ive done everything as per the manual. any suggestion???

Ok not to sure what phone you are using?

First turn on remote control.
Then app go into lets fly
Then turn on Aircraft
Wait for both to connect.

You should be connected
Question.
Did you pair RC AND AC
Are all firmware up to date
Are you running dji go 4.
2017-3-26
Use props
Nutone
New
United Arab Emirates

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-26 06:03
Ok not to sure what phone you are using?

First turn on remote control.

samsung galaxy s7 edge

i turn on RC, then app. message on mavic screen is "enter device"
shows disconnected at the bottom.
turn on AC, it connects with the RC but the screen still grey and no feed.

RC and Ac were paired from purchase.
running dji go 4
how do i check frimware??
2017-3-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Nutone Posted at 2017-3-26 06:25
samsung galaxy s7 edge

Might be a problem with your lead if you can try another.

To check firmware go to flight screen top righ hand corner 3 dots click scroll down another 3 dots ... click and about here you will find you details of firmware. These are the instructions for iOS so if not the same look for about.

But grey screen I'm thinking lead might be the problem
2017-3-26
Use props
Pille
lvl.1
Switzerland

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-26 06:40
Might be a problem with your lead if you can try another.

To check firmware go to flight screen top righ hand corner 3 dots click scroll down another 3 dots ... click and about here you will find you details of firmware. These are the instructions for iOS so if not the same look for about.

hello
i found the issue. its the app from the playstore. they are old. first at all - 2 app are there. go 4 app / its for wlan connnection and the go app (in the playstore there is the old version without mavic). after i registered and entered the details to the go app (dont remember was the phone connected or not) it told me there is a new app and downloaded it. and with his app it worked like a charm
the link https://adhoc-cn.dji.net/djigo4 and the filename is dji-170314-213-official-51e9eff3b5330c3949f4b69dc0c8c976.apk (hope i didnt spell it wrgon) but the internet opens itself and get the update.
follow that link to connect the mobile to the rc link_rc_to_mobile

greetings

edit: btw - only after login with your account the new firmware will be downloaded and installed
2017-3-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Pille Posted at 2017-3-26 07:07
hello
i found the issue. its the app from the playstore. they are old. first at all - 2 app are there. go 4 app / its for wlan connnection and the go app (in the playstore there is the old version without mavic). after i registered and entered the details to the go app (dont remember was the phone connected or not) it told me there is a new app and downloaded it. and with his app it worked like a charm
the link https://adhoc-cn.dji.net/djigo4 and the filename is dji-170314-213-official-51e9eff3b5330c3949f4b69dc0c8c976.apk (hope i didnt spell it wrgon) but the internet opens itself and get the update.

Good job..
2017-3-26
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

Pille Posted at 2017-3-26 07:07
hello

Actually - there is no Go app for wlan only. It does not exist. The old version 3 can also work on the Mavic but the new version (and its updates) are designed to improve the Mavic as well - so Go 4 app is the one to use. The fact that you couldn't see the feed from the camera is strange but that's usually caused by other factors and or your android version or other apps interfering with the Go 4 app.

Anyhow - good it works for you now. Happy flying :-)
2017-3-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Nutone Posted at 2017-3-26 06:25
samsung galaxy s7 edge

Just checking have you registered your Mavic you need to do this.
2017-3-26
Use props
Nutone
New
United Arab Emirates

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-26 07:42
Just checking have you registered your Mavic you need to do this.

yeah , i did. still nothing. tried to uninstall and download again, nothing.
tried diferent leads, nothing.
there is a message on the remote that says heavy magnetic interfierence: check app. but the problem is i cant check anything on the app.... is not only the camera feed, is everything, is not recieving info from the remote, therefore aircraft, at all...
2017-3-26
Use props
Pille
lvl.1
Switzerland

Nutone Posted at 2017-3-26 08:52
there is a message on the remote that says heavy magnetic interfierence: check app. but the problem is i cant check anything on the app.... is not only the camera feed, is everything, is not recieving info from the remote, therefore aircraft, at all...

again - the app is the issue. if you have the old installed, the lwan needs to be activated on the drohne. than you connect from your mobile wlan to the mavic (on the front wing is the code - very small). you need the go 4 app from the playstore (for android). the go app (without the 4) you can download it too but its not compatible with the mavic. after you open the go app (without 4) enter your register and than it recognize it and tell you there is a new app available (link from me in previous post) - only with this app i could connect to the drone per RC/mobile
2017-3-26
Use props
Pille
lvl.1
Switzerland

Pille Posted at 2017-3-26 10:23
again - the app is the issue. if you have the old installed, the lwan needs to be activated on the drohne. than you connect from your mobile wlan to the mavic (on the front wing is the code - very small). you need the go 4 app from the playstore (for android). the go app (without the 4) you can download it too but its not compatible with the mavic. after you open the go app (without 4) enter your register and than it recognize it and tell you there is a new app available (link from me in previous post) - only with this app i could connect to the drone per RC/mobile

that was what i experienced
2017-3-26
Use props
Pille
lvl.1
Switzerland

Pille Posted at 2017-3-26 10:29

that was what i experienced

here a strep by step what i have done
1. buy the mavic 25.03.2017
2. connected the mavic per rc (button on the back) to the rc - worked
3. downloaded at the playstore the app dji go and dji go 4 (see previous post about the apps)
4. registred and followed the link i posted earlier how to connect the go app to the rc (as you may see that guy opened the go app and not the go 4 app) - i did the same
5. the app recognized the drone and updated the program to the latest (link above)
6 worked - finally the rc was connected to the app
7 had fun today :-)
2017-3-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Nutone Posted at 2017-3-26 08:52

Have a look on this thread it might help

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008
2017-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules