Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Offcial Link Stating Using Litchi Voids the Warranty
3855 13 2017-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneTraveler
lvl.1
Flight distance : 274432 ft
United States

Hello,

I've been reading on this and the MavicPilots forums and have seen several commenters state that using Litchi voids the Mavic warranty (in case of a crash).  I just received the "DJI Care Refresh Service Agreement" with the excerpt below related to exclusions.  No where does it state using 3rd party software is an exclusion - can someone point me to this in writing somewhere on DJI's website?

3. Exclusions
The service does not cover:
1) Lost or partially lost aircraft and accessories.
2) Stolen or abandoned aircraft and accessories.
3) Damage caused by flight in unsuitable environments.
4) The remote controller or any accessories mounted to your aircraft.
5) Deliberate losses.
6) Abrasions and shell damage that do not affect the performance of the aircraft.
7) Direct or indirect losses caused by force majeure.
8) Replacement requests out of DJI Care Refresh’s period of validity.
9) Extra fees resulting from technical enhancements or performance improvements.
10) Damage resulting from unauthorized circuit restructuring, or the use of incompatible batteries and charger.
11) Damage resulting from using under-charged or defective batteries.

Thanks

2017-3-26
Use props
thehippoz
Captain
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Think Ken said once, if flying on older firmware they won't cover losses that could have been fixed with newer firmware. I wouldn't doubt litchi falls under that in a way, because they can't control what the programmers write. The litchi programmer could go on a bender and write death to all mavics using tap to fly on next update. So I wouldn't doubt it.

I only fly litchi, love the app myself.
2017-3-26
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.4

United States

I also fly Litchi but have been told by Ken that flying with Litchi does not void the warranty.
2017-3-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Number 11 has something missing from your exclusions OR SOFTWARE.
But if you read it properly, it clearly says resulting from the USE of the software so unless your crash is caused by the use of the app, then you should have no problem with warranty.

DJI Care Refresh does not cover the following:
1) Lost or partially lost aircraft, gimbal or accessories.
2) Stolen, forgotten, or abandoned product.
3) Damage caused by flight under unsuitable conditions.
4) Remote controller, battery of Inspire 2 and Phantom 4 Pro, and modification accessories.
5) Deliberate losses.
6) Abrasions and shell damage that do not affect the performance of the product.
7) Direct or indirect losses caused by force majeure.
8) Replacement requests for damage incurred outside the period of validity.
9) Extra fees resulting from technical enhancements or performance improvements.
10) Damage resulting from modifications that are not in accordance with manual recommendations, or the use of incompatible batteries and charger.
11) Damage resulting from the use of third party accessories, batteries or software.
2017-3-26
Use props
DroneTraveler
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-26 13:52
Number 11 has something missing from your exclusions OR SOFTWARE.
But if you read it properly, it clearly says resulting from the USE of the software so unless your crash is caused by the use of the app, then you should have no problem with warranty.

I copied it verbatim from my email; either DJI updated\changed it from the version you have or they send different terms based on the model purchased (your #4 has Inspire\Phantom 4 but mine doesn't).  

I would have said the information that's listed n the website (http://www.dji.com/service/djicare/info#dji-care-info-s5) would be the most accurate but even it is incorrect (says water damage not covered when it is now).

Sounds like there needs to be a update\consolidation effort.

2017-3-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DroneTraveler Posted at 2017-3-26 15:11
I copied it verbatim from my email; either DJI updated\changed it from the version you have or they send different terms based on the model purchased (your #4 has Inspire\Phantom 4 but mine doesn't).  

I would have said the information that's listed n the website (http://www.dji.com/service/djicare/info#dji-care-info-s5) would be the most accurate but even it is incorrect (says water damage not covered when it is now).

Yeah I also took mine as you see it there straight form website, but I'm led to European website, there is a lot of oversight here.

Good luck..
2017-3-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

DroneTraveler Posted at 2017-3-26 15:11

The crash caused by third party software will affect the warranty rather than the DJI Care Refresh. You can still choose to use DJI Care Refresh to replace your drone.
As for the DJI Care, it doesn't cover water damaged.
DJI Care Refresh covers water damaged.
They are two different service.
2017-3-27
Use props
AnzacJack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3501650 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Would seem strange since DJI has permitted the code to be used by 3rd party developers
2017-3-27
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Using Litchi does Not Void Warranty
I believe this was started by someone who crashed and was unhappy with outcome of
Pilot Error after Flight Records were read by DJI
2017-3-27
Use props
Jason Lane
Second Officer
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-27 00:35
The crash caused by third party software will affect the warranty rather than the DJI Care Refresh. You can still choose to use DJI Care Refresh to replace your drone.

"The crash caused by third party software will affect the warranty"

This is a grey area that I would like some clarification on. In my interpretation, this does't mean that a crash while flying with Litchi will automatically void the warranty. It would only be void if it can be proven that the crash was somehow caused by Litchi. Is that correct?
2017-3-27
Use props
Burmman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182142 ft
United States

So what if my battery is defective from the factory and I didn't know about it. Wouldn't that be their fault not mine? My battery is perfectly fine but just saying. What if ? I've seen other things on the Mavic that came broken or defective from the factory. Paying the price for the Mavic Pro I would in no way want to use a battery that I knew was defective. That would just be stupid.
2017-3-27
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Burmman Posted at 2017-3-27 05:24

So what if my battery is defective from the factory and I didn't know about it. Wouldn't that be their fault not mine? My battery is perfectly fine but just saying. What if ? I've seen other things on the Mavic that came broken or defective from the factory. Paying the price for the Mavic Pro I would in no way want to use a battery that I knew was defective. That would just be stupid.

Googling it doesn't produce any matches for that bullet item other than what people have posted in forums like this one. If you look on the DJI web site it doesn't include that exclusion and I've never heard of anyone ever actually being refused the appropriate service by DJI because of an "under-charged or defective battery", so I wouldn't worry about it.
2017-3-27
Use props
DroneTraveler
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-27 00:35

Thanks for the clarification Mindy.  My takeaway is:

Simply using 3rd party flight software (Litchi in this case) in conjunction with the Mavic does not void the warranty however if the 3rd party software caused the issue it may void the warranty.  DJI Refresh would still cover the damage (assuming all other restrictions were met) caused by 3rd party flight software.

Is this correct?
2017-3-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

DroneTraveler Posted at 2017-3-27 05:34
Thanks for the clarification Mindy.  My takeaway is:

Simply using 3rd party flight software (Litchi in this case) in conjunction with the Mavic does not void the warranty however if the 3rd party software caused the issue it may void the warranty.  DJI Refresh would still cover the damage (assuming all other restrictions were met) caused by 3rd party flight software.

Yes, that's correct.
Sorry for my late reply.
2017-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules