Tested new DJI props....
882 8 2017-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
I 2 Fly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

A short video testing the new props.  I like trees!!  

2017-3-26
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3316614 ft
Switzerland

Nice...love the trees too. I'm ready for holidays...
2017-3-26
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Nice video , very calming , cute how the girl did not want to be on the film , "If I just duck maybe he will go away " and South africa is beautiful, I must put that on my bucket list .

donnie
2017-3-26
Use props
dldp-sp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nicely done! It's autumn for you but spring is just starting here.

Regards,
Tom
2017-3-27
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Nice trees, what clear blue skies! I like how you maneuver into a grove of trees with the sun peeping out behind around 1:11--- 1:25
2017-3-27
Use props
thomasakira
lvl.3
Flight distance : 921693 ft
United States

i was waiting for the trees to get trimmed....what is a prop test without hacking away at some plants...

seriously though...did you correct in post for the lens distortion or is that hgow the samyang 7.5 looks naturally?

2017-3-27
Use props
I 2 Fly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

thomasakira Posted at 2017-3-27 10:44
i was waiting for the trees to get trimmed....what is a prop test without hacking away at some plants...

seriously though...did you correct in post for the lens distortion or is that hgow the samyang 7.5 looks naturally?

AH!!  The question I was waiting for!!  Absolutely ZERO correction!  I previously posted the extreme situation where I flew very near a church steeple to show the worst case scenario....  and a lot of "why so wide?" comments...  Well, this Samyang impresses  me - still!  Very sharp and when flying the right angles gives great shots - flying higher with the camera LEVEL it delivers that "full estate" view.  And for the price you cannot go wrong!  (When you tilt the camera, it will supply some distortion - especially the horizon, straight roads etc. - but then you are causing this deliberately!  Keep the camera level and fly the correct angles and you'll be pleasantly satisfied with this lens!)

I like the little bit of "distortion"  here and there!!

As for trimming some trees (Lord forbid!) - it just looks so near because of the wide angle, but I was more than safe away from the trees...  
2017-3-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I 2 Fly Posted at 2017-3-28 06:56
AH!!  The question I was waiting for!!  Absolutely ZERO correction!  I previously posted the extreme situation where I flew very near a church steeple to show the worst case scenario....  and a lot of "why so wide?" comments...  Well, this Samyang impresses  me - still!  Very sharp and when flying the right angles gives great shots - flying higher with the camera LEVEL it delivers that "full estate" view.  And for the price you cannot go wrong!  (When you tilt the camera, it will supply some distortion - especially the horizon, straight roads etc. - but then you are causing this deliberately!  Keep the camera level and fly the correct angles and you'll be pleasantly satisfied with this lens!)

As long as you have good depth perception, you may be alright with the trees. You always want to be careful about pushing your luck too much.
2017-3-28
Use props
thomasakira
lvl.3
Flight distance : 921693 ft
United States

I 2 Fly Posted at 2017-3-28 06:56

Yeah, I am on the fence about the samyang...as the laowa rectilinear is supposed to hit the streets in april.
I will say that that samyang looks good from those angles,  well within the adobe premiere correction range.
2017-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules