DJI GO 4 can't exit tripod mode
823 4 2017-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anyweb
New
Greece

Hi!

I had twice today the same issue in two different flights. I entered tripod mode and could not exit it!

The stop button on the left of the screen was pushed (looked like pushed, made a move or changed slightly I don't remember) but nothing happened. I tried like 10 times. Some times I triggered the autofocus near the stop button, but could never bring up the dialog that asks for confirmation on exiting tripod mode.

It was anoying having to return in max speed of 6 km/h.

Got the latest firmware on everything, latest version of the app on Android 6, Phantom4 pro.

I thought about switching to Atti or Sport mode, but did not risk it, since the drone could safely make it back at 6 km/h, while spending much of its battery.

Is this a known issue? Has anyone else reported it? What info do you need to troubleshoot and debug?

2017-3-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

"I thought about switching to Atti or Sport mode, but did not risk it, since the drone could safely make it back at 6 km/h, while spending much of its battery."

What's the risk?
Switching to atti and back again should get you back where you wanted to be.
2017-3-26
Use props
Anyweb
New
Greece

Labroides Posted at 2017-3-26 14:44
"I thought about switching to Atti or Sport mode, but did not risk it, since the drone could safely make it back at 6 km/h, while spending much of its battery."

What's the risk?

While already experiencing an erratic behavior I did not want to do it, unless I had no other option.
A disconnect or a flyaway would leave me without a drone, while returning at 6 km/h left me with a drone, reporting the issue and hoping for a permanent solution.
Better safe than sorry.
2017-3-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Anyweb Posted at 2017-3-26 15:19
While already experiencing an erratic behavior I did not want to do it, unless I had no other option.
A disconnect or a flyaway would leave me without a drone, while returning at 6 km/h left me with a drone, reporting the issue and hoping for a permanent solution.
Better safe than sorry.

Switching from one mode to another and back won't cause any disconnect or flyaway (?)
Try it sometime in a nice big open area and learn to use your Phantom.
2017-3-26
Use props
Anyweb
New
Greece

Labroides Posted at 2017-3-26 15:33
Switching from one mode to another and back won't cause any disconnect or flyaway (?)
Try it sometime in a nice big open area and learn to use your Phantom.

Will do, while returning to the original questions.

> Is this a known issue? Has anyone else reported it? What info do you need to troubleshoot and debug?
2017-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules