video freeze
3158 27 2017-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ercoupedriver
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1075778 ft
United States

The video feed on my P4 will freeze up off and on during flight. I still have all bars on the signal strength meter.  the distance when it starts is only about 500 feet. Sometimes it will stay frozen for 5 seconds or even longer, very nerve racking.  Any ideas?  Never had this problem before and I am flying in the same areas that I have always flown in before.
Thanks all
2017-3-26
Use props
TexasTurbo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1172484 ft
United States

Read my  latest post thanks
2017-3-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

What is the firmware for your aircraft and remote? and what mobile device you use for phantom 4?
Did you try other mobile device to check the performance?
2017-3-27
Use props
Bootspike
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109281 ft
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-27 00:15
What is the firmware for your aircraft and remote? and what mobile device you use for phantom 4?

Hi Natalia

There are quite a few threads referring to this issue including green bars on the screen along with freezing. I also have the problem.

I have a new P4P along with a new iPad mini and experience video freeze, green bars and occasionally other interference on about 1 flight in 3. This can be in relatively close proximity to TV transmitters or in relatively remote rural areas. All firmware is up to date.

There has been a suggestion that this is limited to iPads only and is due to overheating limiting processing power.

On a flight yesterday, interference was noted. The iPad was checked and it remained cool and operating normally.  The interference only lasted a few seconds. At all times, all signal strengths were excellent and the craft was within 60 metres.

It is understood that line of site should be maintained at all times and this is particularly important with this glitch in the system. The controls remain effective at all times, so it seems the video feed is the only problem.

I am of the opinion that there is a problem with either the app or the video feed software in the Phantom  where the iPad cannot process it quickly enough, but would be happy to shown I am wrong.

Positive suggestions would be appreciated.
2017-3-27
Use props
Bootspike
lvl.3
Australia

Hi Natalia

There are quite a few threads referring to this issue including green bars on the screen along with freezing. I also have the problem.

I have a new P4P along with a new iPad mini and experience video freeze, green bars and occasionally other interference on about 1 flight in 3. This can be in relatively close proximity to TV transmitters or in relatively remote rural areas. All firmware is up to date.

There has been a suggestion that this is limited to iPads only and is due to overheating limiting processing power.

On a flight yesterday, interference was noted. The iPad was checked and it remained cool and operating normally.  The interference only lasted a few seconds. At all times, all signal strengths were excellent and the craft was within 60 metres.

It is understood that line of site should be maintained at all times and this is particularly important with this glitch in the system. The controls remain effective at all times, so it seems the video feed is the only problem.

I am of the opinion that there is a problem with either the app or the video feed software in the Phantom  where the iPad cannot process it quickly enough, but would be happy to shown I am wrong.

Positive suggestions would be appreciated.
2017-3-27
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

I also have the same problem, every thing up to date. Really annoying.
2017-3-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bootspike Posted at 2017-3-27 02:30
Hi Natalia

To locate the issue, please provide us the details for your iPad, including the model, iOS system version.
Could you please upload a cached video showing the issue you described? which may help us to figure out the problem, thank you very much!
2017-3-27
Use props
fansa2e06a0d
New

United Kingdom

Hi I have a similar problem with standard phantom 4 using a 7in Lenovo android, video freezes yet if I'm in los the ship can still be flown by eye just updated firmware and have the latest DJI go 4 app no further updates yet available. I hope this can be sorted soon!!
2017-3-28
Use props
Bootspike
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-27 23:32
To locate the issue, please provide us the details for your iPad, including the model, iOS system version.
Could you please upload a cached video showing the issue you described? which may help us to figure out the problem, thank you very much!

Hi Natalia

An example video has (probably) been uploaded. This demonstrates plenty of defects and was as seen on the iPad including green screen, freezing and lines. The video from the memory card in the P4P is clear with no break up.

You will note that there are no interference sources nearby and even though the P4P is very close but the picture continues to break up. The ambient temperature was quite warm and there was a stiff breeze blowing.

The iPad is a Mini 4 with 128Gb memory and about 100Gb spare. It is a model MK782 X/A and has IOS 10.2.1.

The P4P is a model Phantom4 PRO (AU) with all current firmware.   

I hope this helps.

Cheers

2017-3-28
Use props
Ercoupedriver
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1075778 ft
United States

All the latest firmware.  I use the Ipad Air 2.  I did not try another device.
2017-3-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bootspike Posted at 2017-3-28 02:59
Hi Natalia

An example video has (probably) been uploaded. This demonstrates plenty of defects and was as seen on the iPad including green screen, freezing and lines. The video from the memory card in the P4P is clear with no break up.

Thank you for the details, sorry may I have the video link?
I'll report all the information to our engineers for a further evaluation.
2017-3-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Ercoupedriver Posted at 2017-3-28 12:22
All the latest firmware.  I use the Ipad Air 2.  I did not try another device.

Please try with another mobile device if convenient, thank you.
2017-3-28
Use props
Bootspike
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-28 23:18
Thank you for the details, sorry may I have the video link?
I'll report all the information to our engineers for a further evaluation.

Hi Natalia

Ok, I have tried to upload videos on numerous attempts, but they are far larger than your limit of 1MB. In fact, when I download them from the iPad to the PC, they are between 0.5 and 1MB/second. (A 5 second clip was 2.41 MB.) Therefore, I cannot find a way of uploading them for your engineers to inspect.

The iPad storage indicates 3.85 GB has been used by DJI GO 4. This is with 52 minutes of flight video and none transferred from the SD card to the iPad.

Given the apparent very large size of the downlink video, I suspect that I may have a setting incorrect and the iPad is receiving far too much data than is needed. This is also far faster than it can process resulting in the broken picture.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
2017-3-29
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bootspike Posted at 2017-3-29 02:52
Hi Natalia

Ok, I have tried to upload videos on numerous attempts, but they are far larger than your limit of 1MB. In fact, when I download them from the iPad to the PC, they are between 0.5 and 1MB/second. (A 5 second clip was 2.41 MB.) Therefore, I cannot find a way of uploading them for your engineers to inspect.

The usual method to send videos for viewing is to send them to a third party server (i.e. 'Dropbox' or similar) and then post a link from the third party server in your post here.
2017-3-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bootspike Posted at 2017-3-29 02:52
Hi Natalia

You can cut the video and send us a small one, upload it to Dropbox as Aardvark mentioned.
2017-3-29
Use props
Bigmouth
lvl.2
Hong Kong

I have the same issue. Very frustrating!!! Seems every time after upgrade, the controller getting weaker and weaker.
I don't believe in Dji anymore.
2017-3-29
Use props
Bootspike
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-29 03:13
You can cut the video and send us a small one, upload it to Dropbox as Aardvark mentioned.

Hi Natalia

Please follow the link http://www.mediafire.com/file/5pfc4vhg4qj3p8f/BFJI2471.zip to access the file. You will note the initial frame is green and then there is broken and frozen video. This green screen occurs in a number of other videos and is also mentioned numerous times in other threads.

Cheers and thanks.
2017-3-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bootspike Posted at 2017-3-29 15:01
Hi Natalia

Please follow the link http://www.mediafire.com/file/5pfc4vhg4qj3p8f/BFJI2471.zip to access the file. You will note the initial frame is green and then there is broken and frozen video. This green screen occurs in a number of other videos and is also mentioned numerous times in other threads.

Thank you, I've reported your feedback to our engineers, will get back to you if they get the analysis result.
2017-3-29
Use props
Bootspike
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-29 22:50
Thank you, I've reported your feedback to our engineers, will get back to you if they get the analysis result.

Thanks Natalia. I (and probably a few others) are very interested in the outcome.

Cheers
2017-3-29
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

A lot of people are experiencing this problem. DJI please fix this
2017-3-30
Use props
Bootspike
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-29 22:50

Hi Natalia

Have your engineers come up with any clues regarding the video freezing yet?

Cheers
2017-4-4
Use props
Sprtbkrydr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3777011 ft
United States

I wonder just how many videos they have already saw of the same problem??{:4_142:}
2017-4-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bootspike Posted at 2017-4-4 15:08
Hi Natalia

Have your engineers come up with any clues regarding the video freezing yet?

Sorry for the delay due to a 3-day public holiday in China.
To locate the issue, the engineers ask for more information.
Please export the flight records when the problem occurs firstly.
Then please record a video showing the details on APP screen with another mobile device, or you can use a RecScreen software.
Thank you very much!
2017-4-5
Use props
Bootspike
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-5 01:32
Sorry for the delay due to a 3-day public holiday in China.
To locate the issue, the engineers ask for more information.
Please export the flight records when the problem occurs firstly.

Hi Natalia

Ok, I will have a go at this but cannot guarantee that I will not need assistance with downloading flight records. It may assist if you post clear instructions as I am quite sure some others will also wish to provide some feedback.

I will be flying again on the weekend and will also try another mobile device to ensure that is not the problem.

Cheers
2017-4-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bootspike Posted at 2017-4-5 01:44
Hi Natalia

Ok, I will have a go at this but cannot guarantee that I will not need assistance with downloading flight records. It may assist if you post clear instructions as I am quite sure some others will also wish to provide some feedback.

Please connect your iPad to a PC with iTunes installed, go to your iPad--Applications--DJI GO--flight records, then you can save the correct one on your PC and upload it to Dropbox with the video you will record on this weekend, post the link here, I'll forward it to engineers again.
2017-4-5
Use props
fansc9f507c3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3438 ft
South Africa

same issue, happens repeatedly and regularly about 40 seconds into the flight and 200m out. happens in different places as well so it cant be interference. i am using an android phone.
the only resolution is to come back to base , land, turn off the drone, turn it back on and the fly out again.  after doing that i can fly out as far as i want from the same location , up to 2km, so its definitely a DJI bug.
2017-7-21
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

I also have this problem with an iPad mini 4, App and firmware all up to date
2017-7-22
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

I also have this problem with an iPad mini 4, app and firmware all updated
2017-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules