Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Warranty Question
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dirsan23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 126211 ft
United States

I've searched around but I can't seem to find the answer to my question, or I find conflicting answers.  What exactly does the standard Phantom 3 Advanced warranty cover?  I sent my drone in for repair about a week ago, the camera was shaky, definitely not working correctly.  I initially opened up a case with DJI, did some troubleshooting with them, and the tech suggested I send it in for repair.  I didn't crash the drone and bought it at the beginning of January.  Will there be a charge for repair, or is there a standard 90 day warranty?  Any feedback appreciated.
2017-3-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

http://www.dji.com/service/policy
2017-3-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

As Mark mentioned, you can get the details on DJI official website.
Our engineers will evaluate the unit after it arrives then send you a quotation to let you know it's a free repair or not.
W.png
2017-3-27
Use props
Phantomski
Captain
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Is this the same on a p3p refurb, or does it differ? I am way more worried on a refurb...
GT
2017-3-31
Use props
Mitcon
lvl.1
Australia

I think I'd be less worried on a re-furb as it has been repaired and through more quality control and been looked over and made sure to be working normally. But I wouldn't expect a full new item warranty on re-furb, so I guess it depends on which gives you more peace of mind. Also warranty conditions/obligations may differ from country to country depending on the countries local consumer protection laws if they have any. I think even some credit cards offer extended purchase protection, and some shops offer extended warranty plans and I think DJI offer their own extended care program too.

But most the time if something is faulty or a lemon from manufacture defects etc you would know within the first few months of use and DJI's warranty seems to cover that and more. I got 2 years warranty on my P3P and controller and my insurance policies cover me for anything accidental that's my own fault, so I've got peace of mind for a while.

2017-3-31
Use props
Mitcon
lvl.1
Australia

Oh and I don't know if the OP's repair will be covered under warranty, the tech's at DJI should be able to work out what is at fault and why and advise you if it's a warranty job or not. If you haven't damaged the unit at all and it's within it's warranty time one would imagine it should be covered. But things are not always as simple as that, you would need to talk with the repair techs once they have assessed your quad.

Sorry for second post but it wouldn't' allow me to edit and add to my original post.
2017-3-31
Use props
dirsan23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 126211 ft
United States

Mitcon Posted at 2017-3-31 19:33
Oh and I don't know if the OP's repair will be covered under warranty, the tech's at DJI should be able to work out what is at fault and why and advise you if it's a warranty job or not. If you haven't damaged the unit at all and it's within it's warranty time one would imagine it should be covered. But things are not always as simple as that, you would need to talk with the repair techs once they have assessed your quad.

Sorry for second post but it wouldn't' allow me to edit and add to my original post.

Hi guys.  It was covered under warranty, looks like a gimbal issue.  According to my ticket progress, they should be shipping it back within a few days!
2017-4-20
Use props
Dalork
lvl.1
Australia

dirsan23 Posted at 2017-4-20 07:38
Hi guys.  It was covered under warranty, looks like a gimbal issue.  According to my ticket progress, they should be shipping it back within a few days!

Excellent news
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

dirsan23 Posted at 2017-4-20 07:38

Good to hear it's getting sorted.
2017-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules