641 7 2017-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
James WONG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 545 ft
Hong Kong

Hi,

I'd like to ask if you can switch the Phantom 4 camera with a p4p one or is than impossible because the camera proocessor is in the drone or something regarding the camera using ocusync to relay the the live feed back to the controller?

Thanks!

2017-3-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

No, it is not possible to change the P4 camera for a P4P camera, the image processing section is not the same.
2017-3-26
Use props
James WONG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 545 ft
Hong Kong

I'm just curious, but what do you mean by image processing section? Is it how the live feed is fed back to the remote controller?
2017-3-26
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3799423 ft
Australia

It is posible, lots of people have done it but it's not cheap.
2017-3-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

James WONG Posted at 2017-3-26 21:02
I'm just curious, but what do you mean by image processing section? Is it how the live feed is fed back to the remote controller?

The camera contains little more than the actual sensor, the rest of the circuitry to perform image processing, recording to SD card, and scaled down feed for FPV is all performed by chips inside the body of the aircraft.
2017-3-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

mic75 Posted at 2017-3-26 23:44
It is posible, lots of people have done it but it's not cheap.

I wonder if you could please post some links to discussions where people have swapped the camera. I must say I am skeptical, if nothing else because the P4P camera has iris control, and there is no provision for controlling that in a P4.
2017-3-27
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3799423 ft
Australia

lol I knew you would be the first to bite Geebax, it's simple when you order the P4P camera make sure you order the drone with it. See not so hard after all.
2017-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules