Advice to DJI and Repair Question
678 6 2017-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I have just received my Mavic back from repair. The problem had been quite bad jello so it was a gimbal issue.
Throughout the repair process, the emails I received indicated that my original Mavic was being repaired which I was happy with. Even the last email I received advising it  had been shipped showed one aircraft with my original serial number. i have no issues with the repair process and received regular emails with the progress.
I went to a lot of trouble to package my Mavic when I sent it in to ensure it would not be damaged in transit by encasing my Mavic box in bubblewrap and then placing it inside another box.
The Mavic I received back just arrived in a plastic postage bag with some bubblewrap around my original Mavic box. When I opened the box, the gimbal clamp was not in place and so the gimbal has been knocking around during the return shipping.
DJI, what is the point of sending in a Mavic for a gimbal repair if it is returned without the gimbal clamp in place? You really need to contact your repair centres and ensure the placement of the gimbal clamp becomes a priority.

I would appreciate a response from DJI to this question. The shipping notice stated the content was a Mavic with my serial number. The Mavic I received has a different serial number. How can this be?
I have now linked the new Mavic to my controller and updated the firmware but have not had a chance to fly it yet. Here's hoping it all works well.
2017-3-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I have checked your case. Your aircraft has been replaced so the SN was changed.
Please refer to our policy.
After sales policy.png
As for the gimbal clamp issue, it probably fall out during the shipping.  I have reported it to designated team. Thank you for your feedback.
2017-3-26
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-26 23:56
I have checked your case. Your aircraft has been replaced so the SN was changed.
Please refer to our policy.
[view_image]

Thanks Mindy. It s not a problem that it was replaced but it was unexpected when the shipping email listed my original serial number.
The disappointing part was having received it with the gimbal unsecured and until I get to fly it, I won't know if it has been damaged as a result.
2017-3-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-3-27 01:18
Thanks Mindy. It s not a problem that it was replaced but it was unexpected when the shipping email listed my original serial number.
The disappointing part was having received it with the gimbal unsecured and until I get to fly it, I won't know if it has been damaged as a result.

I can understand that.
Please test the aircraft and if it has any issue, please feel free to let me know.
2017-3-27
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-27 02:48
I can understand that.
Please test the aircraft and if it has any issue, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks Mindy, I will test it out. My main concern with the change of aircraft is that I have nothing to prove that this new aircraft is mine. There was no paperwork to say that I now have a new serial number.
2017-3-27
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-27 02:48
I can understand that.

Managed to get a couple of flights in this morning as our weather is not good at the moment.
Video is good, no jello. Mavic seems to be operating much better on the latest firmware so I am very happy with it. Thank you DJI.
2017-3-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-3-28 22:26
Managed to get a couple of flights in this morning as our weather is not good at the moment.
Video is good, no jello. Mavic seems to be operating much better on the latest firmware so I am very happy with it. Thank you DJI.

Sorry for my late reply and thank you for your update.
Hope you enjoy your flight with DJI product. :-)
2017-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules