Osmo Mobile Balance Adjustment Knob Stuck
7096 13 2017-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mille
New

Spain

Hi everybody, the Balance Adjustment Knob with you can extend the balancing arm is stuck. As a result I can pull the arm in and out, but i can't twist the wheel to lock it. Now way to rotate it! The first 2 times i use it, for do the first tests with the gimbal, it's working, but now i have this problem. The Gimbal its new and i dont understand why its not working. Can you help me? What can i do?
Thank you!

2017-3-27
Use props
mille
New

Spain

PS: In 1 Week i go in my holidays an i want to use it then :-(
2017-3-27
Use props
udaykn05
lvl.2
India

Hi,Could you please elaborate your problem so that if possible I might be able to help you.Hope you have updated your Gimbal to New firmware v1.5.0.70.If no please get this done. Before you place your phone just check all the Gimbal points whether the movement is smooth upon rotation with the Gimbal in switch off mode. There should not be any cranky noice especially the roll motor.Then you can place your phone adjust to the balanced position and tighten the extension at the back.Once done switch on the Gimbal connect to Phone and then twist your arms to check for its movements.
2017-3-27
Use props
fans139789b8
New
United States

Mine, too! I just opened mine a few hours ago; testing it for the first time. The knob is frozen stuck in the open position. How frustrating!
2017-3-27
Use props
fans139789b8
New
United States

Mine, too! I just opened mine a few hours ago; testing it for the first time. The knob is frozen stuck in the open position. How frustrating!
2017-3-27
Use props
mille
New

Spain

Have nobody any ideas? Its very frustrating! Do DJI exchange or repaire the osmo for free at this problem?
2017-4-1
Use props
growthpang
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1742 ft
Japan

mille Posted at 2017-4-1 06:48
Have nobody any ideas? Its very frustrating! Do DJI exchange or repaire the osmo for free at this problem?

I never had this issue, but perhaps you have it too lose to the point it is stuck. No matter how much your unscrew it, the screw shouldn't fall out, but it will tighten to the point that it will get stuck.

I would try turning it steadily but slowly clockwise with the arm fully retracted first to see if it is faulty or not.

For repairs, it takes a long time they usually just exchange it instead of repairing it, but getting an appointment is impossible if you are in a busy city.
2017-4-1
Use props
GeoIII
lvl.1

I purchased mine through Amazon so just processed a return through Amazon. Bought a second unit. Took it out of the box at 3:45 PM.  It is 6:15 PM and the knob is stuck in the open position. I lubricated it with dry graphic lock lubricant and worked it loose, but it got stuck yet again. If you tighten it even a little bit too much or loosen it a little bit too much the knob freezes.  If you try to hard to unfreeze it, the screw fixture strips out the cheap plastic rendering the knob totally useless. DJI IS GOING TO TRY AND TELL YOU THAT YOU ABUSED THE PRODUCT. TELL THEM TO SHOVE IT AND DEMAND EITHER A REFUND OR AN IMMEDIATE REPLACEMENT.  This is the second forum I've seen this problem on. The SECOND OSMO II I'VE HAD THIS PROBLEM ON.  Customer service asks you about doing a Firmware update...like that's going to fix a poorly machined/stuck tightenting knob. This has to be a known issue with DJI yet they make it as inconvenient as possible for you to either return the item or exchange it (they want copies of your original receipts, the packing slip, all your personal info) when all they really need is their piece of crap OSMO II.  DO NOT SEND IT IN FOR REPAIR...DEMAND A NEW UNIT.  DJI, you really need to do something about this and offer EVERY customer a recall and a replacement when you get the problem fixed. In the meantime, if you DO get it worked loose, store your piece of crap OSMO II with the adjustment knob loose in the middle of the adjustment, so that you don't accidentally turn it the wrong direction and freeze it up when you take it out of the box.  Cheap piece of Chinese tic-tac-box crap.  Too bad it actually works wonderfully when it's not locked up and unusable.
2018-5-29
Use props
GeoIII
lvl.1

This is the second unit I've had with the same adjustment knob lockup problem. Cheap piece of Chinese tic-tac-box plastic. DJI a pain to work with to get it replaced...I returned mine to Amazon, took a chance on a second one, and this one locked up within an hour of opening the box. They must be aware of this issue...I can't believe they're not being more proactive in repairing it and offering a recall or product upgrade to the many of us who are having this issue (and there are others who are having the same issue with their replacement units).
2018-5-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi everyone, we're sorry for the inconvenience for all the troubles that it caused, however, we will forward this feedback to our engineers for them to notified regarding this issue and as soon as we received a feedback from them we'll inform you right away.
2018-5-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, if there is an obvious hardware issue, please send in the device at your earliest convenience for repair/replacement service, for the quality concern, we will forward to the related team for attention. Sorry again for the trouble caused.
2018-6-6
Use props
fansc82ff401
New

This should fix you locked up twist turn screw lock issue. Simply get a rag and tool, short nose pliers ... wrap the rag on the twist nut and squeeze rock it firm gently it will unlock and move freely again.  
2018-10-1
Use props
Philip Scown
New

United Kingdom

Same for me - stuck straight out of the box.  Luckily there is enough friction in the sliding arm for it to function without the locking knob.  Not sure if I should leave it alone or try to free it...
2019-3-18
Use props
djiuser_7E9pjJ1BUwF2
New

Australia

I had the same problem. The screw locked so hard I had to use pliers to unlock it but the screw came completely off along with the spring.. completely broken now
2022-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules