Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal not powering up
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marcial Manuel
New

Thailand

Hi guys,

So a few days ago, out of the blue, my gimbal is not powering up anymore. I had a crash about 2 weeks ago, but the landing was quite soft, nothing broke and i was flying since and all worked fine. Now when powering the battery the led's are coming on but the gimbal does not move at all. And the app is nog getting an image. I removed the whole gimbal and made sure both cables sit well and they do.

Do you have any suggestions to what I can do myself? I'm in a pretty remote spot in Thailand and can't send it to replair for another month or so and would really love to make it work, but can't seem anyone else having that problem.

All comments are highly appreciated!!

Cheers,

Marcial
2017-3-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Marcial, sorry to hear your crash, it seems to be a hardware issue, the aircraft needs to be sent in, our engineers will evaluate it and help you fix it.
2017-3-27
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

You will have to check all the ribbon cable connections to your camera, since your small crash this may have dialoged some cables. The app just doesn't have a image only? does everything else in the app work ok?
Hope there is no other internal camera damage.
2017-3-27
Use props
Marcial Manuel
New

Thailand

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2017-3-27 01:26
You will have to check all the ribbon cable connections to your camera, since your small crash this may have dialoged some cables. The app just doesn't have a image only? does everything else in the app work ok?
Hope there is no other internal camera damage.

Thanks for your reply! Everything else works ok, I can fly it too, it just says 'no transmission signal' and gimbal disconnected'. I don't think there will be a fix here without replacement parts. I'll see if I can get something here. You would start by replacing the 2 ribbon cables?

Thanks again.
2017-3-27
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Marcial Manuel Posted at 2017-3-27 03:38
Thanks for your reply! Everything else works ok, I can fly it too, it just says 'no transmission signal' and gimbal disconnected'. I don't think there will be a fix here without replacement parts. I'll see if I can get something here. You would start by replacing the 2 ribbon cables?

Thanks again.

Generally speaking if the ribbon cables haven't been kinked/bent or damaged in any visual way they should be ok. Just make sure they are all connected up correctly/securely.
If you are quite tech savvy, I would be spending a bit of time to check the camera hardware throughly.
2017-3-27
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Marcial Manuel Posted at 2017-3-27 03:38

Thanks again.

Just trying to help here. So, to be clear your gimbal is completely dead, right? Does not do the "dance" upon startup? No light visible on the camera.....red , green or nothing? I know you said you checked the cables, it sounds like you must have a 3PA or the pro, not the standard. If all looks good from the gimbal side of things, you may have to dig a little deeper. You might have to take the top shell off and look at the connections on the main board. You said it didn't break anything but admitted it took a light crash, it may have jarred something loose inside the shell? Did you take the back off of the camera and check that connection inside there? Also the gimbal motors? I think you checked the cables plugging into the gimbal assy. from the phantom, but you might have pulled one the ribbon cables out of the socket on one of the motors, those are not as easy to see without some disassembly.
2017-3-27
Use props
Marcial Manuel
New

Thailand

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-3-27 07:15
Just trying to help here. So, to be clear your gimbal is completely dead, right? Does not do the "dance" upon startup? No light visible on the camera.....red , green or nothing? I know you said you checked the cables, it sounds like you must have a 3PA or the pro, not the standard. If all looks good from the gimbal side of things, you may have to dig a little deeper. You might have to take the top shell off and look at the connections on the main board. You said it didn't break anything but admitted it took a light crash, it may have jarred something loose inside the shell? Did you take the back off of the camera and check that connection inside there? Also the gimbal motors? I think you checked the cables plugging into the gimbal assy. from the phantom, but you might have pulled one the ribbon cables out of the socket on one of the motors, those are not as easy to see without some disassembly.

Hi. Thanks for your help!!

Phantom 3 professional. Completely dead yes, no lights, no dance.

I will definitely investigate further with some disassembly.

Might get back at you, thanks again!
2017-3-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Good luck, I hope that you find a loose cable, and no other repairs are needed.

RedHotPoker
2017-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules