Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Prop requires 3 turns to 'snug' down
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
deplorable
lvl.1
Flight distance : 728491 ft
United States

I recently bought a refurb P3P and when I spun on the props for the first time, one of the grey ones took about 3 extra turns to snug down after I spun it on. The others only required about 1/8" of a turn.  Tried 3 other brand new propellers with the same results.  I took it for a short flight and it seems fine.  I'm a bit worried as this is eerily reminiscent of how my standard was before it came crashing down once it got up to speed on an RTH.  

Is this something I should be concerned about?  I figure DJI test flies these refurbs and they must have noticed this.  Is this normal?  Is it safe to fly as long as it's snug?
2017-3-27
Use props
BenHopper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1013205 ft
Canada

If its tightly on there it should be okay
2017-3-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Have you tried to just hover the craft, and then give the RC some fast stick moves.

See how it reacts, close to home.

RedHotPoker
2017-3-27
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

You might have a little bit of thread there that has a burr or something. I have noticed it on a couple of phantoms too. All but one will spin right on and take just a nudge to tighten down securely and that one odd ball will require a turn or two to go down tight. As long as it bottoms-out and does get tight, you shouldn't have a problem. Actually  that one might be less to come un-screwed as the others?
2017-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules